Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks GR, with the above noted how was Stephens around stoppages? Any idea of who we liked to run at stoppages?
Sorry TDS7, it was very hard to tell who is the preferred on ballers, with so many rolling through plus with both teams having some of the certain starters.

Newc, CMAC and Day all got a bit of it. Moore was mainly forward and was super in that position. Didn't notice Stephens too much.

Since the natives are getting restless here is something to whet your appetites and keep you busy

Bright sunshine and billiard table surface yes its inconvenient but if we were going anywhere its as good as anywhere else.

No Show

Dimma

Rehab:

Seamus: Running, running and more running
Long: See Seamus
BMAC: See Seamus

Some Rehab

Brocky: Did some of the skills work and then ran laps with Morris
Morris: The same as brocky trying to build his tank (no pun intended)
Nash: Did some skills work and then when we went into the intra started running laps at a quick pace
Ward: See Nash
Ohara: Did everything and started the intra but copped a knock and came off.

We had the Nick Watson, Zane Duursma and Archer Reid join us with our academy kids one of them being Ned Maginness. All of them had some time on the ground during the intra. Watson had the most. If we have Watson available at our first pick we will take him.

The intra was gold team won by 5 points defeating the brown team. As has already been mentioned Cam Mckenzie was the star of the intra. He would have beaten all comers for contested possessions and clearances but others in that midfield group combined to got their share of the ball. Hustwaite and Stephens got plenty of ball and so did Jai but they weren't as effective as Cam. Finn was also busy and CMAC for the first time a bit subdued but still kicked a great running goal from a handball from Moore with his teammates yelling out to him to use his legs and take a bounce he ran at full pace just inside 50 and set sail for home. Scintillating piece of play.

Day started off half back as i intimated earlier in the pre season he will start of half back and then have stints in the middle. He looks fit and had a really good hitout last Thursday. Amon was the other player that had a great hit out firing on one wing if you are looking for mileage he was your man. His disposals generally were a run it 20 and then kick it 50. Harry was very good on the other his field kicking a real stand out. Impey and Frost had their customary dashes out of the backline. Most the players flashed in and out of the game including Weddle who had some great runs up and down the ground. So much was happening. Ramsden played in the ruck against Meek with Reeves and Lynch playing forward. Jeka didn't have much of a game even though he was the loose man in front of Lewis when Lynch went outside the 50.

There was an ugly incident on the field with Stephens lead to the ball to take the mark. CJ went hard and really late with his elbows into his back. Which was pulled up by our leaders. Moore immediately came charging him asking him what the hell he was doing. His final parting shot was you just cost the team a goal what the f was that you just cost us a goal you cost your team a goal he repeated. There was a scuffle and as he was running back to the backline one of our other leaders Lewis asked him if he thought he felt like a hero whether he thought that was brave. Fair to say CJ was not a popular man for a few minutes. A fair few scuffles when he was involved in the play really dissapointed with CJ don't know what got into him. To his credit CJ redeemed himself through the rest of the intra providing some hard run out of the back line and went hard at the ball with some great repeat efforts which drew praise from him team mates.

Lewis started the scoring with a strong mark. One of the really good passages of play was bramble running through the middle and hitting Kosi on the chest leading out. He had two or three shots on goal all misses before eventually kicking one from the goal square. There were large periods of the game where we didn't score on both ends as that last kick inside 50 defeated us. The last few minutes of the intra brought a flurry of goals including two from my boy O'Sullivan and a great goal from Serong from the boundary line. Butler got some important touches but didn't trouble the scores. Moore was busy as usual and kicked the last goal of the game.

All in all a great response by the team and especially our leaders to an ugly incident and just about everyone involved in the intra. Till next time.

Terrible news, he's absolutely the last player we can afford to lose. Though at least it's not a tear.
No rush with Lewis! FF Lynch CHF Meek, is worth a trial.

Good stuff, Gut Runner

Tiny bloke = Nick Watson.

He was so impressive in the under 18 game I saw last season , 5 minutes and I was we need to get that kid .
Then found out he was a high projected pick .......thought I found a diamond in the rough 🙂

Lewis is unfortunatley too injury prone. Happens every year and no longer just bad luck. Not sure what solution is, but club needs to urgently diversify away from him as the key forward not just in opening couple of rounds, but for medium and longer term.

Do we know how the injury occurred as yet (do we?), chances are it was a freak incident.

At this point he's simply unlucky. To be injury prone he'd have to be suffering from persistent injury issues, such as recurring hamstring strains, lower back issues, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious to know from our constant track watchers how CJ has been tracking this pre season?

Getting mixed reports about his form from what I have been reading so far.

I've always thought that whenever we have been playing well recently it has coincided with CJ in good form bursting of half back. I feel like he is a real barometer for the team in that regard.

Do we know how the injury occurred as yet (do we?), chances are it was a freak incident.

At this point he's simply unlucky. To be injury prone he'd have to be suffering from persistent injury issues, such as recurring hamstring strains, lower back issues, etc.

Have to say he's injury prone, I don't think he has ever played more than 15 AFL games in a season ?

Anyways savage blow, probably our player we have the hardest time replacing.

Last edited:
Lewis is unfortunatley too injury prone. Happens every year and no longer just bad luck. Not sure what solution is, but club needs to urgently diversify away from him as the key forward not just in opening couple of rounds, but for medium and longer term.
Bad take that he’s injury prone and needs to be moved.

He’s had a shoulder reco, an unlucky concussion at training and a knee issue last year since being in the list.

Curious to know from our constant track watchers how CJ has been tracking this pre season?

Getting mixed reports about his form from what I have been reading so far.

I've always thought that whenever we have been playing well recently it has coincided with CJ in good form bursting of half back. I feel like he is a real barometer for the team in that regard.
He’s flying.

Thats a shame about Lewis , had a gut feel he was going to have a huge game round 1.
Know guys who have been back and fine in 3-4 weeks from ACL sprains.....but why rush him . Good move to be very conservative
As long as he's back to kick the winning goal against the puttys

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just ****ing rubbish.

Just ******* rubbish.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back