Streaming The Last of Us (HBO)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean.. people tend to love whatever original IP for a reason, pretty understandable they get a bit grumpy when there's some kind of re-imagining going away from the core story/themes/whatever by those adapting it (see the current Witcher mess).

There's a little bit of wriggle room to change and expand some stuff (as TLoU has done really well imo) but its a really fine balance, by and large I think yeah, you kinda do have to stay pretty true original work. Thats if not pissing off the original fan base is even a goal - some stuff clearly gets re-worked for the express purpose of catering to a new fan base.

I think if there's themes of Fedra's corruption/fascism in the game that get expanded and explored it's not really deviating from the themes of the game, but each to their own.

I don't watch any trailer once I know I'm in on something. Trailers can be useful for deciding whether to try something, after that decision's made, they're only good for spoiling.

Similarly “previously on..” are to be avoided as they demonstrate your poor level of concentration during the previous episode/s

Similarly “previously on..” are to be avoided as they demonstrate your poor level of concentration during the previous episode/s

So because you missed something you shouldn't refresh yourself?

So because you missed something you shouldn't refresh yourself?
Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masterful.

Got right to the heart of the centre of the story that so many people missed in II - you could just as easily call the hospital incident a brutal mass shooting (as opposed to a heroic rescue mission) and they shot it exactly like one.
Yep definitely felt alot darker in the tv show where as while playing you don't realise as much what you're actually doing.

Masterful.

Got right to the heart of the centre of the story that so many people missed in II - you could just as easily call the hospital incident a brutal mass shooting (as opposed to a heroic rescue mission) and they shot it exactly like one.

I am a little disappointed the infected/bloater section from the tunnels didn’t make it in the finale but I can understand why it didn’t and why a few other encounters from the game wasn’t in the season. You have all this ammo to work with in a game setting, it wouldn’t work in a real life setting. Joel and Ellie would realistically have been killed.

The season and the finale were just amazing even without an abundance of infected.

A lot of "Oh Shit!" moments in that episode, but really good.

I do wonder why Elly's Mum was heavily preggers running through the woods. What was she doing out there about to give birth?

Good finale. I loved the hospital scene, there is no world to joel outside of ellie so big picture is irrelevant. Also in my expert opinion, the doc was an idiot anyway. Surely you do some tests that don't kill the potential savior of the world before jumping straight off the deep end. If the dude's wrong then there's no going back once she's dead.

Also intrigued why ellies mum is running around the forest in labour. She got back to the house and calls it's me as if she's just been out for milk.

The plot of this has a lot of similarities to a book called the girl with all the gifts. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for something to fill in the wait until season 2 if you're not using the game to do so.

Some shows end and you’re already hanging for the next season, can’t say I’m upset we’ll need to wait till 2024.

Good without being amazing.
I’d say a lot longer than that. Season 1 took 11 months to film and 7 months to start airing. An 18 month turnaround already puts us right at the end of 2024 and there is no word of when this will even start filming. Don’t be surprised if we get Season 2 in the middle of 2025.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back