What's the Last Movie you Didn't See?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes i don’t think I’ve seen any of those Disney legacy remakes of the past decade, and don’t really plan to. I did see that other Little Mermaid film that was on Netflix a few years ago (had MacLaine from memory), a bit crap but okay for a one time watch. I guess that’s an avoid for me. I’m probably not going to see that Diana Nyad film coming to Netflix soon, can’t really stand her. Also avoided Will Smith stuff for about a year after the slap, couldn’t stomach him for a while.
The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast were pretty good. I haven’t seen the new Guillermo Del Toro Pinocchio but probably will.

I don’t have any real issue with them doing it this one was an hour longer than the original for absolutely no reason and just wasn’t at all interesting.

I have argued that Godfather 2 is one of the greatest US films ever made.

3... meh.
2 is brilliant. And the best.

There are elements of 3 which I really liked, and then elements which I really hated. I bet if they had a time machine they would go back and do a hellava lot of things differently with that third movie.

Btw. This weekend am picking up this book from the library:

Hollywood godfather : my life in the movies and the mob
Author:
Russo, Gianni, 1943-, author.

The rollicking adventures of a real-life mobster-turned-actor who helped make The Godfather a reality. Gianni Russo was a handsome 25-year-old mobster with no acting experience when he walked onto the set of The Godfather and entered Hollywood history. He played Carlo Rizzi, the husband of Connie Corleone, who set her brother Sonny―played by James Caan―up for a mob hit, which led to one of the most unforgettable moments in cinema

There are elements of 3 which I really liked, and then elements which I really hated. I bet if they had a time machine they would go back and do a hellava lot of things differently with that third movie.
My favorite part of 3 was Connie finally stepping up and taking control; she was so much better there than her character in 1 or 2.

1 is pretty fantastic but nothing beats 2.

Hollywood godfather : my life in the movies and the mob
Author:
Russo, Gianni, 1943-, author.

I'll never forget his getting the piano wire necktie in 2, kicking out that windshield...

My favorite part of 3 was Connie finally stepping up and taking control; she was so much better there than her character in 1 or 2.

1 is pretty fantastic but nothing beats 2.

I'll never forget his getting the piano wire necktie in 2, kicking out that windshield...
I enjoyed Andy Garcia's character too. The scene with all the mob bosses in one room coming under attack was pretty special as well.

The worst was obviously Michael's daughter- hopeless. And unfortunately Michael himself imo.

The final scene also dragged on way too long and was boring.

The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast were pretty good. I haven’t seen the new Guillermo Del Toro Pinocchio but probably will.

I don’t have any real issue with them doing it this one was an hour longer than the original for absolutely no reason and just wasn’t at all interesting.
I think the Zemeckis one was the official/mainline Dis LA remake for Pinocchio, could be wrong though.

I don’t like anything GDT has made in the past 15 years. Still gave his Pinocchio a go but wasn’t keen on it.

The only movie I can remember walking out of was Notting Hill, I'm not a fan of romantic comedies but I got dragged along to it by a friend.

It was at a multiplex cinema in the US and about halfway through it I pulled the pin and went to the cinema next door to watch The Phantom Menace instead, that was pretty dire as well but at least it wasn't a romantic comedy and Jar Jar Binks was less annoying than Hugh Grant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notting Hill is massively overrated imo. A couple of good funny scenes and that is it.

Roberts and Grant seem like jerks in it

Rhys Ifans playing the slob flatmate of Hugh Grant was the only funny thing about it, Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts are both annoying.

If the film focused more on Rhys Ifans character rather than them I might have stuck it out until the end but he only played a bit part role.

Rhys Ifans playing the slob flatmate of Hugh Grant was the only funny thing about it, Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts are both annoying.

If the film focused more on Rhys Ifans character rather than them I might have stuck it out until the end but he only played a bit part role.
Saw Hugh as an Oompa Loompa during the previews yesterday. It's soooo weird

Good thing I'm 10K miles away from you. :smilecat:
Thats ok, I should have trusted my instincts in the first place. I knew that film would annoy the absolute **** out of me.

But that's not the reason why I left at the 15 min mark..

So I was sitting in the cinema and shortly after soon realised there was an intellectually disabled man sitting right up the back of the room. Then I realised he was swearing his head off- ** this/ ** that. Then a family with young kids walk in. Soon enough the father pulls him up on it (the guy is talking very loudly) so I'm thinking oh great there's going to be a punch on any minute now. Thankfully the guy up that back apologised... then about 5 minutes later was swearing again. :tearsofjoy:

15 minutes into the film he still had not settled down and I just could not take it anymore. I just walked out and very politely explained the whole situation to the manager and got a comp ticket and left!

It's a tough situation tho.. i would not have wanted to have been the manager of the cinema right then.

It's a tough situation tho.. i would not have wanted to have been the manager of the cinema right then.

Gotta admit, at this point I'm much happier watching flicks in my den with a HDTV.

Gotta admit, at this point I'm much happier watching flicks in my den with a HDTV.
Honestly- what would you even do?

It's incredibly unfair to all the other patrons in the cinema (iirc there was about a dozen of them, including the kids).. I hope the manager approached the man and explained he needed to be quiet, and I hope he was.

Honestly- what would you even do?

It's incredibly unfair to all the other patrons in the cinema (iirc there was about a dozen of them, including the kids).. I hope the manager approached the man and explained he needed to be quiet, and I hope he was.
Took my son to the Emma Memma concert in Geelong a while back.

For clarity she’s the former yellow wiggle and my son is 2.

There was a girl probably in her mid teens with a severe intellectual disability there and she was SCREAMING the whole show. The little kids were absolutely petrified of her. It was really, really uncomfortable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back