8. Wer'e gonna need a bigger boat - Jaws
7. Original montage - Rocky
6. When the warden throws a rock through Raquele Welch - Shawshank Redemption
5. Whats in the box - Se7en
4. Life is like a box of chocolates - Forrest Gump
3. Pre game address - Any Given Sunday
2. It's not your fault - Good Will Hunting
1. The world aint all sunshine and rainbows - Rocky Balboa

“My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife.”
And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next

1. Jurassic Park - the T-Rex

2. Annihilation - the Alien

3. Inception - the hallway fight scene

4. Pan's Labyrinth - the pale man

5. The Empire Strikes Back - "I am your father"

Love that scene in good will hunting where Williams and that smug professor campaigner are arguing '' But if you push him etc. He's not you ya mathematical dick '' t and Then Will Walks in. That movie is full of quality scenes.

As the fella mentioned above that scene unfolds from my above. And yeah I love that Any Given Sunday Speech. That's gold as *.

Heat had some epic one's I could give you ten straight from that movie. Sleepers. Fight Club.

Too many. I could be here for a week.

Brilliant Movie btw.

I didn't like it that much at the cinema's because I was expecting something else from what I got told. But as the years go by, it's a masterpiece. Denzel is one of a kind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In no particular order:

- These count as one because they’re in the same movie btw - the Vincent and Mia dance in Pulp Fiction, and Jules’ epiphany scene and interaction with Hunny Bunny and Pumpkin at the diner.

- Vic’s dance before slashing Marvin’s ear in Reservoir Dogs

- The reveal in Usual Suspects

- Doc showing up to the shootout with Johnny Ringo in Tombstone: “why…. Johnny Ringo…… you look like someone just….. WALKED over your grave.”

- The alcoholic anonymous meeting in Horrible Bosses 2 that’s actually a sex addicts meeting and Jason Bateman doesn’t realise: ‘just me and the guys, hitting it hard, ending up face down, sometimes double fisting two at a time’ etc etc before he realises and then has to play along with it anyway to keep up the ruse

- Conan the Barbarian infiltrating the Mountain of Power and then the final showdown with Thulsa Doom and his men

- the baseball scene in The Naked Gun but specifically the national anthem

- the Argonath scene in Lord of the Rings, special mention to the Moria sequence

- the ‘last stand’ in Saving Private Ryan. I know the opening sequence is amazing but I love the shootout at the end, Barry Pepper in the clock tower etc

- Butch and Sundance’s last stand

I had to add an 11th and some Honorable mentions

In the spirit of great ‘last stands’ as there are a few of them in my list - an incredibly overlooked movie is LA Confidential. Ed Exley and Bud White’s shootout sequence at the motel at the end is a great scene.

Chopper’s whole exchange with Neville Bartos when he pays him a visit, gets treated relatively nicely, ultimately ends up shooting his host and then accompanies him to hospital is hilarious

Dennis Denuto’s exchanges with his copier in The Castle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back