Top 10 Favourite Actors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting I think delivered a top 10 acting performance along with Matt Damon.

Man the 90's really was The decade that Delivered. Not just in footy terms. Music and movies was through the roof.

Assuming this is for male actors, I'll go for:

1: Michael Wincott- My favourite villain in movies. In Eddie Murphy's serious cop film 'Metro', an average film at best,
Wincott gives a fantastic villainous performance. I love him in everything.
2: Tom Noonan- His performance in 'Manhunter' won me over for life. In 'The X-Files' episode 'Paper Hearts', Noonan was
stunning as a child killer. Soft spoken menace.
3: Tom Hardy- Amazing in 'Bronson' and I loved him as Bane in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. His best performance I feel was
in 'Stuart:A Life Backwards'. Great in 'The Drop' as well.
4: John Cazale- He only made five films. 'The Godfather', 'The Godfather Part Two', 'Dog Day Afternoon', 'The Conversation'
and 'The Deer Hunter". All classics. He was amazing. Gone too soon.
5: Michael Fassbender- Truly great in 'Shame". Excellent in 'Inglorious Basterds" and as The Smiths loving assassin in 'The Killer'.
Best is yet to come.
6: Ralph Fiennes- Brutal in 'Schindler's List' and funny and profane in 'In Bruges'. Can play the classics and get down and dirty
as a mob guy.
7: Robert Duvall- Always great. So good in 'The Godfather' and 'The Godfather Part Two'. His best performance would be in the
film he also directed, 'The Apostle'.
8: Kevin Spacey- As John Doe, by choice, in 'Se7en' he was superb. A masterclass in quite evil. He was excellent in 'L.A. Confidential'
as the cop with a belated conscience. Probably seen the last of him.
9: Javier Bardem- Superb in 'Biutiful', but it was as the relentless psycho killer Anton Chigurh in 'No Country For Old Men' that he
shone. Truly strange and terrifying.
10:Woody Harrelson- I saw him playing LBJ and thought he looked comical. Five minutes into the film I was completly sold. He
has the range to play dramatic and, more often, comical. He was excellent in the adaptation of Dan Clowes great graphic novel
'Wilson'.

Last edited:
I dont really have any favourite actors per say but if I had to make a list with their characters in mind:

Sir Anthony Hopkin's everyone
Al Pacino's Michael
James Gandolfini's Tony
Chevy Chase's Clarke
Ryan Reynolds*
Leo's everyone except for The Revenant
Tom Cruise's Charlie Babbit
Matt Damon's everyone
Patrick Swayze's Johnny
Samuel L Jackson's Jules

*maybe not for acting

Assuming this is for male actors, I'll go for:

1: Michael Wincott- My favourite villain in movies. In Eddie Murphy's serious cop film 'Metro', an average film at best,
Wincott gives a fantastic villainous performance. I love him in everything.
2: Tom Noonan- His performance in 'Manhunter' won me over for life. In 'The X-Files' episode 'Paper Hearts', Noonan was
stunning as a child killer. Soft spoken menace.
3: Tom Hardy- Amazing in 'Bronson' and I loved him as Bane in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. His best performance I feel was
in 'Stuart:A Life Backwards'. Great in 'The Drop' as well.
4: John Cazale- He only made five films. 'The Godfather', 'The Godfather Part Two', 'Dog Day Afternoon', 'The Conversation'
and 'The Deer Hunter". All classics. He was amazing. Gone too soon.
5: Michael Fassbender- Truly great in 'Shame". Excellent in 'Inglorious Basterds" and as The Smiths loving assassin in 'The Killer'.
Best is yet to come.
6: Ralph Fiennes- Brutal in 'Schindler's List' and funny and profane in 'In Bruges'. Can play the classics and get down and dirty
as a mob guy.
7: Robert Duvall- Always great. So good in 'The Godfather' and 'The Godfather Part Two'. His best performance would be in the
film he also directed, 'The Apostle'.
8: Kevin Spacey- As John Doe, by choice, in 'Se7en' he was superb. A masterclass in quite evil. He was excellent in 'L.A. Confidential'
as the cop with a belated conscience. Probably seen the last of him.
9: Javier Bardem- Superb in 'Biutiful', but is was as the relentless psycho killer Anton Chigurh in 'No Country For Old Men' that he
shone. Truly strange and terrifying.
10:Woody Harrelson- I saw him playing LBJ and thought he looked comical. Five minutes into the film I was completly sold. He
has the range to play dramatic and, more often, comical. He was excellent in the adaptation of Dan Clowes great graphic novel
'Wilson'.
Some great names in there. I forgot about Hardy. Man he's got talent and some great flicks to go with it.

Fassbender is tremendous I really like quite a few of his movies.

Kevin Spacey in Se7en and 21, 10/10.

Javier Bardem - yeah creppy cold mofo in NCFOM. Good in that movie starring Fassbender also. The one with Cameron Diaz.

Jamie Foxx - Man he had a few pearlers as well.

Nailing a top 10 is pretty hard. Harder than a Super Model.

Sorry I have to do my anti-favourite list. These are my most disliked:

• Will Ferrel. Dickhead. Not funny. Refuse to see anything he is in.
  • Liam Neeson in action films. Bellend
  • Jennifer Garner. Idk why. Just annoys me. I thought she brought down DBC too.
  • Adam Sandlers everyone except for Happy, Billy and Wedding
  • Julianne Moore in Hannibal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back