The underrated actor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
He may not be underrated but I feel he should get more props. I'm a big Benicio Del Toro fan. Some notable films are

Snatch
Traffic
Sicario 1 & 2 - Man he's a cold ruthless mofo. Awesome.
21 Grams I've seen but I can't remember. I'll give that a crack later.
The Hunted - Great flick.

Are you a BDT Fan? Who else do you like who might not have the props as the Top Guns like Leo, De Niro, Pacino, Pitt, Cooper?

Also randomly while I remember. On my to watch list are

Dirty
The Mark Ruffalo movie starring Christian Bale called Harsh Times
What's the one with Ruffalo where his son gets killed by a hit and run? And the guilt consumes either him or the other dad?

Tom Cruise everyone thinks of him as the blockbuster guy but people tend to forget his earlier dramatic works.

Fassbender for his work in Hunger, Shame & 12 Years A Slave I think deserved more recognition

Tom Hardy is quite an underrated actor, he never gets much credit but he is great in just about every role he plays

He played Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, hard to recognise him wearing the mask and with the weird voice but he was a great villain.

He also played the villain in The Revenant where I thought he was even better than Leo DiCaprio even though he won an Oscar for it.

He was also great playing Mad Max in Fury Road, not easy to try and step into Mel Gibson's shoes playing that role but he delivered.

He has also appeared in a number of other notable films like Black Hawk Down, RocknRolla, Layer Cake, Warrior, Inception and Dunkirk.

One of those actors that can meld himself into different roles without much fuss which is probably why he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Last edited:

He may not be underrated but I feel he should get more props. I'm a big Benicio Del Toro fan. Some notable films are

Snatch
Traffic
Sicario 1 & 2 - Man he's a cold ruthless mofo. Awesome.
21 Grams I've seen but I can't remember. I'll give that a crack later.
The Hunted - Great flick.

Are you a BDT Fan? Who else do you like who might not have the props as the Top Guns like Leo, De Niro, Pacino, Pitt, Cooper?

i like bdt in sin city. and i love the story about him farting during the line up of 'the usual suspects'

Tom Hardy is quite an underrated actor, he never gets much credit but he is great in just about every role he plays

He played Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, hard to recognise him wearing the mask and with the weird voice but he was a great villain.

He also played the villain in The Revenant where I thought he was even better than Leo DiCaprio even though he won an Oscar for it.

He was also great playing Mad Max in Fury Road, not easy to try and step into Mel Gibson's shoes playing that role but he delivered.

He has also appeared in a number of other notable films like Black Hawk Down, RocknRolla, Layer Cake, Warrior, Inception and Dunkirk.

One of those actors that can meld himself into different roles without much fuss which is probably why he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Man he's top class hey.

Some of those movies you named are dynamite.

Brutal campaigner in The Revenant. As you mentioned I didnt even know that was him in the Dark Knight. Legend as well. Really well portrayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back