Review Round 6, 2023 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

At the risk of upsetting any one Teakle reminds me of a combination of that absolutely dreadful ruckman with the Italian origin surname who after he was delisted by Port ended up in the Port Melbourne magoos and Nathan Lonie, with his non existent attack on the ball or the oppo player who has it.

I doubt he would have survived any more than a couple of training sessions in a real Port Adelaide team coached by either of Fos or Jack.

Jonas cost is at least 4 goals DIRECTLY!

Teakle got injured early on, after that he was toast.

Meh win, better than a loss, it’s a busted year thanks to Hinkley so may as well just enjoy the wins.

That was far from pretty to watch but good to get a comfortable win and lift our percentage back above 100.

I don’t think we learned anything new; Rozee is a star, Finlayson and Aliir are in great form, Lord is a competitor, DBJ is better forward, we still haven’t picked the best ruckman in our list, and Jonas is beyond cooked but Ken will be saved a hard conversion by the MRO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clapper slappers will be like NICE MARGIN GOOD WIN because they have no context of the ladder, percentage or how bad west coasts injuries are.

I assume the switching off at HT was to instructions? Can kinda understand the logic behind it, but it's sure frustrating for us white noisers. In recent years we've given scant regard to percentage for whatever reason, but I would have thought this year with a contract on the line we might be more interested in it.

FWIW it's at least now back over 100.

We absolutely went into the third quarter with instructions to just control the game.

Frustrating as a supporter and boring as batshit to watch but that's what they did.

Rozee, Finlayson, Drew, Butters head and shoulders above the rest. Where Wines is at right now is such a fall from grace. He wouldn’t want to enter Woewodin territory as players to win a Brownlow then fall off a cliff.

At the risk of upsetting any one Teakle reminds me of a combination of that absolutely dreadful ruckman with the Italian origin surname who after he was delisted by Port ended up in the Port Melbourne magoos and Nathan Lonie, with his non existent attack on the ball or the oppo player who has it.

I doubt he would have survived any more than a couple of training sessions in a real Port Adelaide team coached by either of Fos or Jack.
He wouldn’t have been invited to Port under Fos or Jack full stop.

Drew has become a very good blue collar mid. Important part of the side.

Was really only just shaded by Connor in that game. Important player for us.

He's also changed his body shape quite dramatically. Combination of ageing and dropping some bulk. Looks much thinner in the face.

Rozee, Finlayson, Drew, Butters head and shoulders above the rest. Where Wines is at right now is such a fall from grace. He wouldn’t want to enter Woewodin territory as players to win a Brownlow then fall off a cliff.
He’s getting dangerously close.

Wines played well today. I sit four rows from the fence and you really see how he brings other players into the game. Wasn't our best but had a solid game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back