Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 90-77 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to when Cox/Cameron and/ or McStay are back and Johnson does not have to play ruck. Believe that us when the real fireworks will start

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its gonna be very interesting when that time comes. As given our small forward brigade, dont think we have the luxury of playing a third tall along with cameron and cox and mihocek and mcstay. So either we play 2 rucks and the other talls. Or 1 ruck and Johnson as a forward/ruck.

Its gonna be very interesting when that time comes. As given our small forward brigade, dont think we have the luxury of playing a third tall along with cameron and cox and mihocek and mcstay. So either we play 2 rucks and the other talls. Or 1 ruck and Johnson as a forward/ruck.
Or Johnson instead of McStay which on current form would be the obvious choice.

But wont happen, lets be serious. lol
Why?

If McStay continues to underperform and Johnson fires it's a given, pretty sure McRae won't give a stuff about some ludicrous contract.

Why?

If McStay continues to underperform and Johnson fires it's a given, pretty sure McRae won't give a stuff about some ludicrous contract.
I think they play different roles.Mcstay is a big body that brings the ball to ground, brings the smalls into it and a selfless team player. Johnson more your 3rd tall high flying forward. Hasnt been under performing in the eyes of the coaches. They know what they want from him.
Dan's the man.

I think they play different roles.Mcstay is a big body that brings the ball to ground, brings the smalls into it and a selfless team player. Johnson more your 3rd tall high flying forward. Hasnt been under performing in the eyes of the coaches. They know what they want from him.
Dan's the man.
Exactly. This comparing roles of McStay and AJ is ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players currently in the side need to take the attitude - for sure Howe, Lipinski and McStay will come back into the team, but someone else can make way for them.

Something that has dawned on me, is how incredible a feeling it is to be down by 5 goals at 3QT, and be able to say to the people I'm with "we're winning this" with supreme confidence. And then to sit back and watch it eventuate is like walking on clouds
Know the feeling mate.

Just had this feeling we'd fight back hard in the last quarter. You have to have confidence after what this team did last year.

Or Johnson instead of McStay which on current form would be the obvious choice.

Johnson should be a lock on form. The selection decision should be Cox v McStay.

Anyone else noticing a common denominator here?
(apologies if already posted)

You can go further:
  • Round 4 1977 (Rich vs Coll) = 92,436
  • Round 6 2019 (Ess vs Coll) = 92,241
  • Round 6 2014 (Coll vs Ess) = 91,731
The top 8 biggest H&A crowds have all involved Collingwood.

The top 10 biggest H&A crowds have involved Collingwood 9 times.

The top 20 biggest H&A crowds have involved Collingwood 16 times.

Top 20 crowds:
  • Collingwood = 16 (8 as the home team)
  • Essendon = 16 (6 as the home team)
  • Richmond = 4 (3 as the home team)
  • Carlton = 2 (1 as the home team)
  • Melbourne = 1 (1 as the home team)
  • Hawthorn = 1 (1 as the home team)
I think the 1958 record will never be broken.

Given all the build up and work done to put on the Anzac Day game it seems rather odd to me that when the game has concluded we the television audience immediately went to the news and didn't get to witness the celebration of the players, the awarding of the medal to Nick or the much lauded Darcy Moore speech.

Sorry AFL but that was crap and the game needs to start earlier next year and beyond so it doesn't happen again.

Given all the build up and work done to put on the Anzac Day game it seems rather odd to me that when the game has concluded we the television audience immediately went to the news and didn't get to witness the celebration of the players, the awarding of the medal to Nick or the much lauded Darcy Moore speech.

Sorry AFL but that was crap and the game needs to start earlier next year and beyond so it doesn't happen again.
It was on 7mate.

Johnson should be a lock on form. The selection decision should be Cox v McStay.
Absolutely and makes slightly more sense than what I suggested.

But my main point was so far McStay hasn't shown anything to warrant an automatic selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back