Discussion Season 35 Hall of Fame Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 1.png

CAREER STATISTICS:
  • Debut: Season 24, Round 15
  • 189 games at time of writing (168 Mount Buller Demons, 21 Fighting Furies)
  • 160 goals at time of writing

ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES:
  • beez Trophy (Season 28), plus three other top-five finishes
  • 8th most beez votes of all time
  • 6x All-Sweet FA (Seasons 26-28, 30, 33-34)
  • 2x premierships (Seasons 26, 31), premiership captain in Season 31
  • Longest-serving captain of Mount Buller Demons (currently 8th season)
  • General Manager of Qooty Operations

NOTES/CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LEAGUE:

Since debuting for the Fighting Furies in Season 24, manangatang has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 28, mang also finished 2nd in Season 29, 3rd in Season 30, and 4th in Season 27. mang has polled in every season since Season 25.

With six All-Sweet FA selections, including captaincy honours, manangatang has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is mang's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Demons centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

manangatang is the Mount Buller Demons' longest-serving captain (since Season 28), and has been in the committee for the duration of that period. mang's leadership has extended beyond the Demons, including board moderation, holding the position of General Manager of Qooty Operations under Kennedy Parker, and creating the all-time greatest match threads.

Without doubt, manangatang has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.

View attachment 1661891

CAREER STATISTICS:

Since debuting for the Fighting Furies in Season 24, manangatang has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 28, mang also finished 2nd in Season 29, 3rd in Season 30, and 4th in Season 27. mang has polled in every season since Season 25.

With six All-Sweet FA selections, including captaincy honours, manangatang has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is mang's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Demons centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

manangatang is the Mount Buller Demons' longest-serving captain (since Season 28), and has been in the committee for the duration of that period. mang's leadership has extended beyond the Demons, including board moderation, holding the position of General Manager of Qooty Operations under Kennedy Parker, and creating the all-time greatest match threads.

Without doubt, manangatang has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.

Did you PM my nomination?

View attachment 1661891

CAREER STATISTICS:

Let me know when you’ve stopped kissing arse so I can tell you straight to your face that this is just embarrassing.

View attachment 1661891

CAREER STATISTICS:

Those 21 games with the furies really does knock him down a peg or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nomination for the HALL OF FAME

ShaunDuggan
-417 games
-3 time premiership player
-dual All Sweet FA

ShaunDuggan has been a sample of consistency since his debut 24 seasons ago. Though on face value there aren’t many individual accolades, he is in the top 25 of all time for:
-games
-kicks
-marks
-handballs
-disposals
-dreamteam

SD has been a consistent poster for a long time and is highly durable. He can be funny, edgy, arrogant, whatever he so chooses.

He would sit alongside recent inductees comfortably.

Outstanding, just tick it off.

Nomination: HaroLad
Stats:
TotalsAvg.League Rank
Games179187th
HitOuts780.44228th
Kicks12997.26172nd
Marks4532.53194th
Handballs12797.15153rd
Tackles3712.07121st
Frees For1871.04164th
Frees Agnst1470.82245th
Tantrums
3642.0317th
Goals1640.92142nd
Behinds1060.59147th
Disposals257814.40162nd
DreamTeam1021257.05156th

HaroLad did a lot during his time in the Sweet FA. A lot that I have now forgotten but heck, it's time we take a good long look at his nomination I think...

View attachment 1661891

CAREER STATISTICS:

If these two are being nominated, I can think of others. I go overseas for 2 weeks and have to deal with this??

HaroLad I think I'll just ignore, must be a prank.

manangatang ??? Absolutely will end up in in there, zero questions. An ornament etc. And will fully deserve it. So when I question it, it's timing, not the man. He will rightfully find his place, no doubt, no doubt.

Less than 200 games though? Where do we cut it off? You do stuff behind the scenes you get in at 150? 100? 50?

If he is up for consideration, yours truly should be looked at.

I mean, I could put up, for example, my own CV of ONE OF ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SFA to win both the EKA and the beez (hello Barrybran you beautiful man) TFLUA Tiger Medallist, 2 x B&F winner, 4x All SFA, club captain and rescuer of the Wonders (thanks Dingster)

Since debuting for the East Side Hawks in Season 23, EJW has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 32, EJW also finished top 10 twice and top 20 a further 3 times, EJW has polled in every season since Season 23.

With 4 All-Sweet FA selections, EJW has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is EJW's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions (citation Dingster) - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Wonders centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

EJW has asked to be a board moderater, more than once, with an unusual lack of success. His offer stands.

Without doubt, EJW has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.

If these two are being nominated, I can think of others. I go overseas for 2 weeks and have to deal with this??

manangatang ??? Absolutely will end up in in there, zero questions. An ornament etc. And will fully deserve it. So when I question it, it's timing, not the man. He will rightfully find his place, no doubt, no doubt.

Less than 200 games though? Where do we cut it off? You do stuff behind the scenes you get in at 150? 100? 50?

I mean, I could put up, for example, my own CV of ONE OF ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SFA to win both the EKA and the beez (hello Barrybran you beautiful man) TFLUA Tiger Medallist, 2 x B&F winner, 4x All SFA, club captain and rescuer of the Wonders (thanks Dingster)

Since debuting for the East Side Hawks in Season 23, EJW has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 32, EJW also finished top 10 twice and top 20 a further 3 times, EJW has polled in every season since Season 23.

With 4 All-Sweet FA selections, EJW has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is EJW's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions (citation Dingster) - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Wonders centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

EJW has asked to be a board moderater, more than once, with an unusual lack of success. His offer stands.

Without doubt, EJW has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.
Nerd

okeydoke7 ClarkeM Headless

Reminder to send your official HOF nominations via PM.

For this season there will be two options to submit a nomination.
  • Write the nomination yourself and send directly to me in a PM
  • Inform your committee representative who you wish to nominate and the LG can prepare and submit the nomination on your behalf

I imagine your captain is all over this, yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back