Discussion Season 36 Hall of Fame Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Hallo everyone,

It's that time of season again where we take in fresh HOF nominations before I go rattle the cages of the other Hall of Famers for perusal.

The following players have nominations within the HOF Committee that are still active, but you are still free to submit an updated nomination to further strengthen the case:
  • manangatang
  • ShaunDuggan
  • JoshWoodenSpoon
  • Agent93
  • Elton Johns Wig
  • Barrybran

There have been 35 Hall of Fame Inductees thus far and for roughly every 5 Hall of Fame members there will be one acknowledged as an Immortal in cases where they further enhance their reputation beyond their initial induction.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbs, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate
Season 27 - loopy_cam
Season 28 - pantskyle
Season 29 - DemonJim
Season 30 - Kennedy Parker
Season 32 - Fitzroybowiedog
Season 34 - Spookism, Headless, Sausageroll, Ant Bear
Season 35 - brahj

For each nomination, the general format should contain the following:
  • Career Statistics of the nominee
  • The complete CV of the nominee listing out their accolades and accomplishments
  • A written case supporting their induction into the Hall of Fame.

For this season there will be two options to submit a nomination.
  • Write the nomination yourself and send directly to me in a PM
  • Inform your committee representative who you wish to nominate and the LG can prepare and submit the nomination on your behalf

If you wish to nominate please have them in by, 11:59pm 15 October 2023 Perth time.

Below is an example of the successful nomination for brahj in the previous season

brahj

TotalsAvg.League Rank
Games25689th
HitOuts5282.0640th
Kicks20748.1055th
Marks5352.09132nd
Handballs16926.6173rd
Tackles5792.2639th
Frees For3131.2253rd
Frees Agnst1900.74132nd
Goals2871.1238th
Behinds1690.6647th
Disposals376614.7165th
DreamTeam1568961.2950th
statistics as at Season 33, Round 16

Achievements
Las Vegas Bears Captain (S19 - S21)
S18 EKA Medallist
4x All-SFA (S19, S20, S22, S24)
1x All-SFA Captain (S20)
1x Mobbenfuhrer Medalist (S24)
2x Premiership Player [Las Vegas Bears - S22, Gold City Royals - S30]
3x Best and Fairest - Las Vegas Bears (S19), East Side Phoenix (S24), Gold City Royals (S28)

Player Bio
brahj is an iconic character in the SFA having burst onto the scene as a part of the revived Las Vegas Bears in their first season since readmission in Season 18. Then he won the EKA Medal for the best rookie season from a stacked field and would go on to captain the Bears the following season. He would go onto win the club best and fairest along with his first All-SFA selection in Season 19 cementing himself as one of the elite players of the league.

brahj would not slow down in Season 20 as he achieved the honour of being named the All-SFA captain for the season despite playing half the season in the back pocket after losing a bet with VC Quivorir. Under his leadership, the Bears would be considered the strongest posting unit in the league for that season with BigJoeD_ lauding the Bears as having the best core posting unit in the league with brahj himself being the best, and Okeydoke7's relevancy rankings naming the Bears as the most relevant club of Season 20.

After a move to full forward in Season 22, brahj would be instrumental in helping the Las Vegas Bears win their first ever premiership with an All-SFA caliber season and an outstanding finals series. In a tense grand final with the Bears trailing the Dragons by 16 points with 3 minutes to spare, they would kick 3 goals in 2 minutes with brahj booting through what is ultimately the winner as Las Vegas prevailed by 2 points.

A move to the East Side Hawks (now Phoenix) would refresh his career with the highlight being winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 24, his second best and fairest and his fourth selection as he helped the Hawks finish the regular season on top of the ladder and make it to the Grand Final. Brahj would move to the Royals in Season 27, and some strong seasons in the midfield would allow him to add a third best and fairest in Season 28 before being a part of the iconic first ever Royals premiership side in Season 30.

Beyond brahj's Qooty achievements, he is most known for a cutting wit and posting prowess matched by few others. He consistently place high in the Beez Trophy, finishing runner up in Season 23 and making the top 20 on five occasions. He also has created a trilogy of epic threads which are amongst some of the largest on the board and have stood the test of time including:
#scandal (the largest ever media thread in the history of the league)
The Sweet FA Landfill (a timeless institution of the league used by administrators and moderators for quality control)
SFA Ask Me Anything (a classic mega thread that is renewed across generations)

Hi Kennedy Parker I'm assuming you will write my nomination for me but just to be clear I have a stronger case than the 6 standing active hopefuls you have listed. If you've forgotten anything let me know.
I think jackster83 can submit your nom on behalf of the Swamprats right after okeydoke7's Immortal elevation nomination.

Seems non committal. You produced a lovely write up for brahj, seems only fair you would put in the same effort for me given all we've been through
Fun fact: every single nomination I have written since this HOF committee was created has been successful - Ant Bear, spookism, brahj

3 from 3 👍

That's an underwhelming list. Looking forward to being the first worthy recipient of your nomination
colin-farrell-disgusted.gif

Kennedy Parker is there a criteria (ie. 200+ games played) for players to be nominated?
No fixed criteria.

But a general framework of considerations for the nominations can be described below

LongevityAccomplishments/AccoladesLegacy
How long has the player managed to maintain their involvement in the SFA?

Not just in terms of games played, but how long did they manage to stay an active part of the league?

How many seasons were they able to be at the top of the league in respect to posting or Qooty?
What did the player achieve to date? Both in the sense of sim and non-sim performance.

Any major league awards : FRED, MM, EKA, MVP, TFLUA, FRA, Life Membership?

How many All-SFA selections? Premierships? Club Best and Fairests?

What responsibilities did they take on? Captaincy, Admin, Mod, Simmer, Stats work, graphics work?
The most abstract of the three factors I consider.

How much of an 'impact' did they have with their contributions?

Did they rebuild the strength of clubs, help forge identities for clubs? Have a wide footprint in recruitment of new posters across the league?

Did they bring about cutting edge ideas, innovations in stats/media/day to day runnings of the league?

How 'worse off' would the league be if not for their contributions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No fixed criteria.

But a general framework of considerations for the nominations can be described below

Legacy

Going off this, can I officially request ClarkeM and pantskyle be removed from the HoF?

Cheers

No fixed criteria.

LongevityAccomplishments/AccoladesLegacy
How long has the player managed to maintain their involvement in the SFA?

Not just in terms of games played, but how long did they manage to stay an active part of the league?

How many seasons were they able to be at the top of the league in respect to posting or Qooty?
What did the player achieve to date? Both in the sense of sim and non-sim performance.

Any major league awards : FRED, MM, EKA, MVP, TFLUA, FRA, Life Membership?

How many All-SFA selections? Premierships? Club Best and Fairests?

What responsibilities did they take on? Captaincy, Admin, Mod, Simmer, Stats work, graphics work?
The most abstract of the three factors I consider.

How much of an 'impact' did they have with their contributions?

Did they rebuild the strength of clubs, help forge identities for clubs? Have a wide footprint in recruitment of new posters across the league?

Did they bring about cutting edge ideas, innovations in stats/media/day to day runnings of the league?

But off the top of my head...

175ish games
No flags
An unfathomable number of quality Ross the Boss shoops
Beez winner
Frankston Rover award winner
Club captain for many seasons
Heart and soul of the Wazzas post Frankie and Wosh
Countless number of graphics supplied for other people's media
Incredible media contributor himself
Poor taste in football teams

Why is TheInjuryFactory not on this list? Don't make me hurt you, Tonga Bob.
Hurt me baby.

I mean I'm pretty drunk right now Barry, so now's not a good time to ask me to do anything. But rest assured there are discussions underway.

175ish games
No flags
Beez winner
monty-python-life.gif

Two beezes, two Frankie Awards, one Frankie Medal, one Pwned Trophy, Warriors life member, All-SFA VC & a bunch of guernseys, SoO winner/captain/VC/advocate, plus he recruited me. And speak ill of his football teams and I'll Will Smith the sh*t outta you.

Yeah sorry everyone else, here's your inductee. Bake him away, toys.

175ish games
No flags
Beez winner
Seconded.
I agree, supporting South Fremantle is a demonstration of poor taste.

• The complete CV of the nominee listing out their accolades and accomplishments

• Inform your committee representative who you wish to nominate and the LG can prepare and submit the nomination on your behalf

If you wish to nominate please have them in by, 11:59pm 15 October 2023 Perth time.

Bump

Bump
1697026310800.png

You know what Theinjuryf has done. You can figure out the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back