Discussion Season 35 Hall of Fame Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all mate.

I'm just making my point I think it's a bit early for some of the noms.

Baz has been nominated as well. He started in S26. Mang in S24. I started in S23. I'm not sure any of us should be in right now.

I'm also sure that all three of us should absolutely get in when the time is right. You'd be hard pressed to argue against any of us as inclusions at the right time. If people think it's now, great. I don't think it's now. Personal opinion.
I got in after 9 seasons I think.

It’s not really as special as it used to be. Just join the club and shut up I reckon.

1682858189989.png

Nomination to Induct Agent93 into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame

Career stats

Debut: Round 6 Season 22

Games: 239* (ESH/P 214, CIW 25*)

Totals
Avg.
League Rank
Games
239​
111th​
HitOuts
32​
0.13​
329th​
Kicks
2198​
9.20​
53rd​
Marks
806​
3.37​
55th​
Handballs
2130​
8.91​
43rd​
Tackles
539​
2.26​
52nd​
Frees For
298​
1.25​
63rd​
Frees Agnst
243​
1.02​
75th​
Goals
140​
0.59​
188th​
Behinds
88​
0.37​
189th​
Disposals
4328​
18.11​
47th​
DreamTeam
15957​
66.77​
55th​

Highest Hitouts: 12 - Season 30, Round 12 - (East Side Phoenix) vs. Coney Island Warriors

Highest Kicks: 18 - x4 occasions

Highest Marks: 12 - x2 occasions

Highest Handballs: 20 - Season 33, Round 10 - Gumbies FFC vs. (East Side Phoenix)

Highest Tackles: 12 - x2 occasions

Highest Disposals: 33 - x4 occasions

20+ Disposals: x106 occasions

Highest DreamTeam Points: 131 - Season 33, Round 13 - (East Side Phoenix) vs. West Coast Wonders

100+ DreamTeam Points: x23 occasions

Highest Goals: 4 - x3 occasions

CV / Accolades & Accomplishments

6 x All-SFA: Seasons 26-30, 33

2 x All-SFA Captain: Seasons 27, 29

TFLUA-Tiger Medal: Season 33

East Side Hawks/Phoenix Captain: Seasons 26-31

3 x East Side Hawks/Phoenix B&F: Seasons 27, 29, 33

Supporting case for induction

Being the captain of a team means that you’re respected by the playing group. With that in mind, it’s fair to say that Agent93 can rightfully be described as the captain’s captain. He was the longest serving captain of the East Side Phoenix, a tenure which saw him not only make his mark on the club but the league as a whole through his outstanding work in the Committee. Agent93 is also only one of three people to be named All-SFA captain in two seasons and has earned the respect of not only the SFA but those who have captained a club.

As East Side captain his commitment to the club, specifically the people and the history, were second to none. This set the club up for future success, with the swansong of his 214 games at the Eyrie involved taking them to the grand final in season 33. He then took on the project of helping the Coney Island Warriors towards a maiden Premiership, where his experience & guidance is helping a relatively young club to achieve its potential.

At an individual level Agent93 had a golden patch between seasons 26-30. He made the All-SFA each season in that time, twice being named captain. He also won two of his three club Best & Fairests and was top 5 in the Mobbs Medal three times. Arguably though his best season was in season 33, where he not only earned his sixth All-SFA guernsey but was adjudged by the SFA Committee as the best player in the league, picking up a TFLUA-Tiger Medal as a result.

As one of the pre-eminent figures in Sweet over the past ten seasons, it’s time to recognise Agent93’s contribution to the league and induct him in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
1682858224509.png

Nomination to Elevate The Filth Wizard to Immortal Status

Career stats

Debut: Round 1 Season 16

Games: 354* (GCR 136, ESH/P 112, DRA 94, CIW 12*)

Totals
Avg.
League Rank
Games
354​
36th​
HitOuts
378​
1.07​
69th​
Kicks
2634​
7.44​
33rd​
Marks
297​
0.84​
357th​
Handballs
1631​
4.61​
94th​
Tackles
838​
2.37​
13th​
Frees For
490​
1.38​
11th​
Frees Agnst
281​
0.79​
52nd​
Goals
779​
2.20​
3rd​
Behinds
388​
1.10​
6th​
Disposals
4265​
12.05​
48th​
DreamTeam
20494​
57.89​
30th​

Highest hitouts: 20 – x2 occasions

Highest Kicks: 19 – Season 16, Round 06 – Gumbies FFC vs. (Dragons FFC)

Highest Marks: 9 – x2 occasions

Highest Handballs: 19 – x2 occasions

Highest Tackles: 13 – Season 28, Round 01 – Coney Island Warriors vs. (Gold City Royals)

Highest Disposals: 35 – Season 28, Round 01 – Coney Island Warriors vs. (Gold City Royals)

20+ Disposals: x75 occasions

Highest DreamTeam Points: 147 – Season 28, Round 01 – Coney Island Warriors vs. (Gold City Royals)

100+ DreamTeam Points: x21 occasions

Highest Goals: 10 Goals – x2 occasions

5+ Goals: x54 occasions

Sweet FA Administrator: Seasons 21-23

2 x beez trophy: Seasons 17 & 24

Fred Medal: Season 30

2 x Premierships: Seasons 19 (DRA – co-captain) & 30 (GCR – captain)

14 x All-SFA: Seasons 16-18, 20-25, 27-31

Sweet FA Hall of Fame: Inducted Season 25

Dragons captain: Seasons 18-20

Dragons B&F: Season 16

Dragons Leading Goalkicker: Season 20

East Side Hawks/Phoenix captain: Seasons 23-24

East Side Hawks/Phoenix B&F: Season 23

2 x East Side Hawks/Phoenix Leading Goalkicker: Seasons 21 & 22

Gold City Royals captain: Seasons 27-32

Gold City Royals B&F: Season 30

6 x Gold City Royals Leading Goalkicker: Seasons 27, 29-32, 34

Supporting case for elevation

There are currently six people within the Sweet FA Hall of Fame who have been elevated to the status of an Immortal. Some of them have an extensive accolade list, all of them have made an indelible mark upon the League. The Filth Wizard’s CV sits comfortably alongside those of Mobbs, ljp86, Fred, Boncer34, Tarkyn24 and Broken.

To paraphrase the Hall of Fame thread OP, elevation to an Immortal is granted in cases where the Hall of Fame member enhances their reputation beyond their initial induction. The Filth Wizard achieved many things at the Dragons, the East Side Hawks and the Sweet FA as an Administrator by the time he was inducted in season 25, but Filthy wanted more so he moved to the Gold City Royals, a team who had not made a grand final in their 10-season existence. He became captain in his first season there and remained in the position for the next six seasons, becoming the longest serving captain in the club’s history. He added another five All-SFA selections for a total of 14, which is still the most of any player in league history; and also played his statistically greatest game in this time, a round one encounter in season 28 where he racked up 35 disposals, 13 tackles and 147 DT points.

He also led the club’s goal kicking for six seasons, one of which earned him the Fred Medal. That was in season 30, where he added a Royals Best & Fairest to the ones he earned at the Dragons and Hawks. But The Filth Wizard’s greatest achievement in season 30, and indeed in his time at the Golden Throne, was to lead the club to their maiden Premiership – the second time that he has been a Premiership captain.

Ironically the first time he captained a Premiership was against another team who were seeking a maiden Premiership, and regrettably still are. So in an act of benevolence similar to that which saw him join the Royals in season 27, The Filth Wizard this season moved to the Coney Island Warriors to not only help replicate the heroics of season 30 but to bring balance to a club still reeling from the injustices of the past. And it is here at the Warriors that Filthy quite literally continues to kick goals, with the four he booted in our round 13 win seeing him overtake former Warrior Itsmyshow into third place in the all time goal kicker list.

It is this selfless attitude of lifting up the downtrodden and leaving no club behind that shows the true heart of the man, and the impact that the subsequent actions of this attitude has upon both the clubs affected and the SFA in general means that The Filth Wizard’s name will live on in Sweet for eternity. And this is the very definition of an Immortal.

1682858371471.png

Nomination to Elevate Frankston Rover to Immortal Status

Career stats

Debut: Round 2 Season 6

Games: 329* (CIW 213*, ESH/P 58, SHA 25, KOA 22, DRA 11)

Totals
Avg.
League Rank
Games
329​
42nd​
HitOuts
678​
2.06​
25th​
Kicks
2321​
7.05​
44th​
Marks
747​
2.27​
67th​
Handballs
2010​
6.11​
50th​
Tackles
622​
1.89​
36th​
Frees For
407​
1.24​
26th​
Frees Agnst
391​
1.19​
21st​
Goals
181​
0.55​
124th​
Behinds
153​
0.47​
77th​
Disposals
4331​
13.16​
45th​
DreamTeam
16863​
51.26​
48th​

Highest Hitouts: 22 - Season 8, Round 03 - Roys FFC vs. (Dragons FFC)

Highest Kicks: 21 - Season 8, Round 03 - Roys FFC vs. (Dragons FFC)

Highest Marks: 17 - Season 20, Round 13 - (Coney Island Warriors) vs. Fighting Furies

Highest Handballs: 18 - x4 occasions

Highest Tackles: 10 - x4 occasions

Highest Disposals: 35 - Season 20, Round 13 - (Coney Island Warriors) vs. Fighting Furies

20+ Disposals: x63 occasions

Highest DreamTeam Points: 136 - Season 8, Round 03 - Roys FFC vs. (Dragons FFC)

100+ DreamTeam Points:x24 occasions

Highest Goals: 5 Goals - x2 occasions

5+ Goals: x2 occasions

Sweet FA Administrator: Season 7

1 x Premiership: Season 12 (ESH/P)

4 x All-SFA: Seasons 19-20, 22-23

All-SFA Captain: Season 19

Sweet FA Hall of Fame: Inducted Season 18

Southern Sharks Founder: Season 7

Southern Sharks Captain: Season 7

Coney Island Warriors Founder: Season 18

Coney Island Warriors Captain: Season 18-19, 24, 26

Coney Island Warriors B&F: Seasons 20 & 23

Coney Island Warriors Life Member: Inducted Season 27

Supporting case for elevation

That Frankston Rover isn’t already an Immortal is quite frankly (pun intended) an indictment upon the Hall of Fame, and the SFA more broadly. I mean we have an award that we give out each season to people who have made an outstanding contribution to the league which is named after Frankston Rover. The man’s name is literally synonymous with outstanding contribution.

Frankie also has the Coney Island Warriors Best & Fairest Medal named after him, a testament to the fact that he founded the club in season 18. In fact he has founded two clubs, with the proto-Dragons outfit the Southern Sharks the other club created by Frankie in season 7.

Everyone’s favourite wombat was inducted into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame back in S18, and has left an indelible mark on the competition since debuting all the way back in Season 6 with the Koalas, having gone on to achieve almost everything there is to achieve in the league.

He became league admin in just his second season in the competition where he was instrumental in promoting things that we take for granted today such as team jumpers, logos and OP’s. He’s a premiership player in his time with the East Side Hawks, earned 4 All-SFA selections including being named captain in season 19 and earning both club and league life memberships for his service. He also has two Best & Fairests at the Warriors, which was handy as his name is already on the medal!

A quality contributor to the league's podcast and the broader media landscape, a league powerbroker in his day and ever an outspoken voice on the big issues of the day, he has forever left his mark on the competition with his legacy, the Coney Island Warriors expansion club that would not be a part of the league today were it not for Frankie's grit and determination to have the bid accepted into the league. Now do what’s right and confirm what we all know – Frankston Rover is Immortal.

Last edited:
New idea, let's induct everyone now, all current members become Immortals and all Immortals become Super Immortals.

Hasn't the Sweet FA gone woke?

As the Sweet FA is now all about inclusiveness, I say Quotas are now needed for the Hall of Fame.

Lets start by fixing the lack of Annoying, Preaching, Idiotic Irish Rock legends within the Hall of Fame.

Induct me now.

r6rxX0L.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a Hall of Fame for Hall of Fame nomination submitters? If not I am creating one, and I am in it.
Yes. I will vigorously debate your inclusion and advise of the outcome in Season 37.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back