Discussion Season 35 Hall of Fame Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

You know how to read.

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem upset, Wig?
Not at all mate.

I'm just making my point I think it's a bit early for some of the noms.

Baz has been nominated as well. He started in S26. Mang in S24. I started in S23. I'm not sure any of us should be in right now.

I'm also sure that all three of us should absolutely get in when the time is right. You'd be hard pressed to argue against any of us as inclusions at the right time. If people think it's now, great. I don't think it's now. Personal opinion.

Outstanding, just tick it off.

If these two are being nominated, I can think of others. I go overseas for 2 weeks and have to deal with this??

HaroLad I think I'll just ignore, must be a prank.

manangatang ??? Absolutely will end up in in there, zero questions. An ornament etc. And will fully deserve it. So when I question it, it's timing, not the man. He will rightfully find his place, no doubt, no doubt.

Less than 200 games though? Where do we cut it off? You do stuff behind the scenes you get in at 150? 100? 50?

If he is up for consideration, yours truly should be looked at.

I mean, I could put up, for example, my own CV of ONE OF ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SFA to win both the EKA and the beez (hello Barrybran you beautiful man) TFLUA Tiger Medallist, 2 x B&F winner, 4x All SFA, club captain and rescuer of the Wonders (thanks Dingster)

Since debuting for the East Side Hawks in Season 23, EJW has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 32, EJW also finished top 10 twice and top 20 a further 3 times, EJW has polled in every season since Season 23.

With 4 All-Sweet FA selections, EJW has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is EJW's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions (citation Dingster) - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Wonders centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

EJW has asked to be a board moderater, more than once, with an unusual lack of success. His offer stands.

Without doubt, EJW has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.
campaigner

If I'm REALLY going to nominate Clod, there will be a PM.

I'm merely highlighting (in an absolutely self centred way) that maybe some are going a bit early here.

I thought there was talk of a minimum games played criteria happening? The Filth Wizard ???

I'm unsure if there is anything in writing anymore as per games played.

I'm unsure if there is anything in writing anymore as per games played.
I seem to remember at least talk of a minimum games played to qualify. FWIW I like that idea, and think it should be a decent amount.

200, 250, 300??

Thoughts?

I seem to remember at least talk of a minimum games played to qualify. FWIW I like that idea, and think it should be a decent amount.

200, 250, 300??

Thoughts?

It's been bounced around a bit and changed a couple of times. I think it's one thing to get nominated but a nom still needs to get past the panel for voting. I've always been more partial to a seasons played than games, minimum ten seasons but I can understand why some older heads like a games limit closer to 200-250.

Not at all mate.

Baz has been nominated as well. He started in S26. Mang in S24. I started in S23. I'm not sure any of us should be in right now.

I'm also sure that all three of us should absolutely get in when the time is right. You'd be hard pressed to argue against any of us as inclusions at the right time. If people think it's now, great. I don't think it's now. Personal opinion.

None of you are even close. In fact you should quit the league.

Not at all mate.

It's been bounced around a bit and changed a couple of times. I think it's one thing to get nominated but a nom still needs to get past the panel for voting. I've always been more partial to a seasons played than games, minimum ten seasons
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back