Coach Operation Get Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of the Hardwick to port scenario, I'm very much liking this counter narrative by some in the media at the moment of critiquing Ken only once finals are done, openly talking about his tenure and lack of premiership success and why Port shouldn't rush any decisions.

King, Barrett, Tredders have now all roughly said the same thing.

Its nice to finally have some objectivity when the subject comes up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regardless of the Hardwick to port scenario, I'm very much liking this counter narrative by some in the media at the moment of critiquing Ken only once finals are done, openly talking about his tenure and lack of premiership success and why Port shouldn't rush any decisions.

Same here ... Kane Cornes was basically saying Hinkley should be signed because the team have won 7 in a row, and it was King that was saying .... "nah ... it's about the pointy end of the season ... they've been here before ...".

Sometimes David King sh*ts me, but he's spot on here, and to be fair he has plenty of good moments.

King was just extrapolating I think, the same as all of us.

But I like the way he's thinking,
Anon schmuks like us on a footy site pissing into the wind with baseless theories based on hope rather than fact is par for the course.

But King is a highly paid AFL commentator who you would expect to pride himself on having some credibility.

Anyone who listened to Hardwick's farewell press conference - his reasons why his is leaving the club he loves with 18 month still to run on his contract, about his temp being empty, needing to walk away from the toughest gig in football - would be in no doubt that him joining a club like Port Adelaide in any coaching role in 2024 is a non starter.

Port supporters can be forgiven for wanting it not to be true. I'm dead sure David King KNOWS it's true.

Sometimes David King sh*ts me, but he's spot on here, and to be fair he has plenty of good moments.

Just like him saying earlier in the week that a 33 year old with chronic knee injuries who has only played 8 games since the end of 2021 should be a trade target for us? This is trolling of the lowest quality from King.

Last edited:

The media is a ruthless and competitive business. These guys will say anything to create content and get clicks. They need to put food on the table too.

I wouldn't read anymore into it than that.

Just like him saying earlier in the week that a 33 year old with chronic knee injuries who has only played 8 games since the end of 2021 should be a trade target for us? This is trolling of the lowest quality from King.
Erm ... no, that was not what I was talking about at all. I've already said I find a lot of what he says to be BS, and I've said it in the past a few times. Not sure why you thought it relevant to quote me. Having said that, he often makes good points too. Is this hard to comprehend?

King is a highly paid AFL commentator who you would expect to pride himself on having some credibility.

Are you saying in the first part that he does have credibility?

Because you seem to be saying in the second part, that he doesn't.

I don't really care much either way ... but this seems a bit weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget it, Hardwick ain't coming to a shithole like Adelaide that has as much if not more scrutiny than Melbourne. The weather sux too.

With 3 flags already he's got nothing to prove here. His next legacy maybe to get Gold Coast into their first finals series, which shouldn't be hard for him with all the top end talent on that list.

Forget it, Hardwick ain't coming to a shithole like Adelaide that has as much if not more scrutiny than Melbourne. The weather sux too.

With 3 flags already he's got nothing to prove here. His next legacy maybe to get Gold Coast into their first finals series, which shouldn't be hard for him with all the top end talent on that list.
He managed a shithole like Melbourne for nearly 20 years, I'm sure he could stand it.

A lot has changed since then. Now he's a premiership player and triple premiership coach nudging 50 years of age. I can't make a case of why he'd want to coach here, if indeed he ever wants to coach again.
You really need to get out more if you're calling Adelaide a shithole (if indeed you're from here).

No idea if there's anything in this latest suggestion Dimma may be coaching us next year, but I know for a fact he loved his time here.

Hardwick to come in to Port and deliver a flag in year 1 with Carr as his Padawan.

Hardwick to then say to Carr, "There you go mate, THAT'S how you do it, now here's the reins, build a dynasty. I'll be your Yoda if you ever need me. Ciao".
Good idea that one is.
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back