Autopsy Round 13 = Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You could perhaps provide some insight as to why the stats are misleading, seeing as how that would further the conversation as opposed to sending someone away to spend hours watching an app.
I’m making the assumption that the poster has read all the other criticisms made of JC. And that they are unconvinced, but choose to give more weight to stats.
Accordingly watching the game to make his own conclusions seems the only sensible option.

With no De Goey and Sidebottom was McCreery playing further afield to try and offset the loss of run through the middle of the ground?

Hard to tell just watching on tv.

Makes sense but ideally we want the luxury of him (and Elliott) prowling our forward line because our inability to lock the ball inside f50 and create scoring opportunities from repeat stoppages was evident today.
Only 4 tackles inside 50 has to be a season low. Dees had 17.

They got it inside more often and we struggled to bring it to ground at times. Having two newbies up forward didn't help. A poor game overall and some obvious things to clean up.

We got smashed.
They dominated across their halfback and set the game up on their terms.
We felt every absence.
Sidebottom with his forward-defence link up.
Elliot as a hit up option.
DeGoey to pierce the ball into our forward line.
The score line flattered us. It should’ve been 30 points.

I saw that we only stuck 4 tackles inside 50 today,compared to their 17.So we definitely missed Elliott today,and Mcreery as well who seemed to be playing further up the field and seemed to be struggling a bit with his ankle,

“Go and watch entire games of football, with no specific insight given, to see if they support my opinion instead of yours” has got to be one of the worst posting tropes on BigFooty. Do better!
I’ll help spinny out. Carmy couldn’t hit stewie dew if he tried with a kick or handball. As we know that’s a decent target

They were very good today. If they'd finished better then it would have been a great game. Not having done so brings it down a couple notches.
They did look good in their backline and mid, but was completely lost in their fwd 50, they can win as many clearances or interception marks as they want, if they don't score, it's pointless and i wouldn't be bragging about it.

Today was probably our worse game under Fly and we lost by 4 points without 5 of our first up starters in De Goey, Howe, Mcstay, Elliott, Sidey and add Ginnivan to that. Pretty much only 2 players I reckon can stand up with there head high in Maynard and Quaynor they were both really good.

Jesus I really like Nobke but his brain fades I just don't know if you can carry them come finals he made 3 absolute howlers today.

WHE he was extremely poor for the last 3 years however he was good for the last 3 weeks but today my God he just done everything wrong.

Our forwards I know the ball wasn't down there but there was no pressure whatsoever the way they got beaten everytime by Lever and May and even some of the others like Hibbered and Rivers was un collingwood like they were walking it out. Easily Miocheks worst game for a while but Ash Johnson that was horrid, bobby Hill was missing for about 85% or the game. Mcreerey clearly wasn't right and WHE as stated above was horrid.

Josh Daicos clearly underdone whether he shouldve played who knows? Nick Daicos it's actually sad when we look at a 27 disposal and 1 goal game and say he was average lol. He just needs to get more of the ball forward of centre like he was at the beginning of the year hes just so damaging.

Cox and Cameron were slaughtered Grundy and Gawn they stopped so many attacks they just weren't competing at all bringing the ball down.

I’m making the assumption that the poster has read all the other criticisms made of JC. And that they are unconvinced, but choose to give more weight to stats.
Accordingly watching the game to make his own conclusions seems the only sensible option.

But he’s already most of the way to making his own conclusions… based on the stats as you mentioned.

You are trying to convince him of your conclusions being the correct ones, despite the stats that are available, but don’t give him any direction of what to look for except “watch his VFL games”.

Aside from that being awfully lazy, what’s his motivation? “Oh wow, now I can trawl through hours of semi-professional football video to find out if this particular faceless person on BigFooty was right, and I was in fact wrong!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, move daicos to the middle and drop someone else, also don't think all of Murphy, Howe and Frampton play but that's another discussion

There's a reason they persist with Daicos playing HB. It's where he does his best work at the moment. Allows him to play pretty unaccountable footy and rotate into the midfield for periods as/when needed.

But he’s already most of the way to making his own conclusions… based on the stats as you mentioned.

You are trying to convince him of your conclusions being the correct ones, despite the stats that are available, but don’t give him any direction of what to look for except “watch his VFL games”.

Aside from that being awfully lazy, what’s his motivation? “Oh wow, now I can trawl through hours of semi-professional football video to find out if this particular faceless person on BigFooty was right, and I was in fact wrong!”
TRS not sure why you’re persisting with this. I just didn’t think I could add to the criticism already made by others.
I wasn’t going to insult the poster by just repeating stuff they’d probably already read.
I think you know me well enough to know I don’t shy away from giving my opinion, and would have done so again if it wasn’t just repetition.

TRS not sure why you’re persisting with this. I just didn’t think I could add to the criticism already made by others.
I wasn’t going to insult the poster by just repeating stuff they’d probably already read.
I think you know me well enough to know I’m don’t shy away from giving my opinion, and would have done so again if it wasn’t just repetition.

Happy to leave it there in any case.

There's a reason they persist with Daicos playing HB. It's where he does his best work at the moment. Allows him to play pretty unaccountable footy and rotate into the midfield for periods as/when needed.
I’d certainly like to see Daicos spend more time in the middle and forward centre. I agree that he has been superb off half back, but I feel like we’ve looked at our most potent as a team when we harness his strengths up the ground, even if it means fewer stats for him.

Well I was thinking it might end up with me setting up a GoFundMe page, if only I was taller and stronger.

Had this terrible Melbourne supporter (4 of them but one was really a nutcase) in front of me who was already half under the weather before the game and after 6 cans was getting worse. Turning around really in my face and although none of you know me I hardly yell at the footy, too involved in who is playing where and the tactics of the game.

Would stand up and yell things like, the premiership is not played in June, colliwobbles (sigh), losers, we are the champions and more that I can't remember. I was so ready to respond but only to told him to sit down as I couldn't see and also my grand-daughter told me not to respond.

I so hate Melbourne, have never been to a game against them when I haven't had those type of supporters around me.

McCreery hasn't been himself since Anzac Day. He hasn't run with the same intensity and appears second to the ball.

His decision-making is also a bit flawed at times - often choosing to kick long instead of continuing a handball chain or drawing a player, when his kicking requires some improvement.

Fly mentioned in his presser that Beau was on crutches at the start of last week and was considered very unlikely to play today.

The outs forced the club's hand. The bye will do him good, along with the rest of the team.

Fly rebuked a journalist's attempt to attribute today's form to illness. I like it that he won't take an excuse, even when it's offered on a silver platter.

Love Murphy, just don't think they all play in the same side when they are all fit, not sure of who misses though, maybe even Frampton goes to second ruck ?

I think the intention is to settle Frampton into our defensive structure. Only had a few games there so will take time. Doubt they'll look to derail that unless absolutely forced to. Providing an opportunity for Noble and/or Markov to remain in the side doesn't do that.

It is good that teams Brisbane and Melbourne had game plans to beat us and won. Its midyear and our coaches have time to counter these defensive shutdowns. I would rather be exposed now than later in the season.

It comes down to what personnel will beat them. Port Adelaide Brisbane and Melbourne are all we need to worry about and i don't see any of their best beating our best on the last day of the season.

Grand final could have been won today with this exposure. Theres work to do and players to be put on notice to be in the best 22.

I don't even know what that best 22 looks like yet. Its interesting.
Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back