Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN:
Matthew Cottrell
OUT: Ed Curnow, George Hewett

TS-Post-2.jpg

Wow so I guess Ed wasn't so good last week after all. Thank god the MC make a logical decision. Few and far between they are.
Never had any doubt that Ed would make way for Cottrell, don't think it was based on his game last week. I did get some good laughs out of those who put forward that Ed would be picked because it was Charlie's 100th though.

Never had any doubt that Ed would make way for Cottrell, don't think it was based on his game last week. I did get some good laughs out of those who put forward that Ed would be picked because it was Charlie's 100th though.
The fact that Ed only came in cos Cotters got suspended and hadnt played seniors for weeks befor that was totally ignored.

The fact that Ed only came in cos Cotters got suspended and hadnt played seniors for weeks befor that was totally ignored.
Exactly, Cotters wasn't dropped and Ed came in purely as cover for a week, that was obvious all along.

Is there any way I can filter out the term "Selection Integrity" from my BF browsing experience?

It's as ridiculous and unfounded a theory as the Earth is Flat ...

Disappointed Ed has been dropped, happy for Cotters to return though.

We play Optus Stadium fairly well and Freo have played like slackers lately.

Fairly confident of a win.

Them …

TEAM v CARLTON

IN:
Neil Erasmus, Karl Worner (sub)
OUT: Nat Fyfe (injured)

B: Brennan Cox, Alex Pearce, Hayden Young
HB: Brandon Walker, Luke Ryan, James Aish
C: Liam Henry, Caleb Serong, Jordan Clark
HF: Michael Frederick, Luke Jackson, Lachie Schultz
F: Josh Treacy, Jye Amiss, Michael Walters
R/Fol: Sean Darcy, Andrew Brayshaw, Jaeger O’Meara

I: Sam Switkowski, Neil Erasmus, Matthew Johnson, Ethan Hughes

S: Karl Worner

E: Bailey Banfield, Corey Wagner, Sam Sturt

At least it should be patently clear to our midfielders who will win the hit outs and they should set themselves up accordingly around centre bounces and ball ups. JSOS should act as a fourth midfielder, conceding the hitout or attempting to negate hitout effectiveness at worst, but then getting stuck into the contest to help us win ground balls and clearances. Unfortunately Lewis doesn't have the same attack on the ball that JSOS has so it remains to be seen how effective he will be.

Around the ground we should have a mobility advantage over their ruckman despite Jackson's athletic capabilities.

This is going to be a really challenging game for us. Bring the good parts of our game from the last two wins to this game and we'll go really close. Go Baggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least it should be patently clear to our midfielders who will win the hit outs and they should set themselves up accordingly around centre bounces and ball ups. JSOS should act as a fourth midfielder, conceding the hitout or attempting to negate hitout effectiveness at worst, but then getting stuck into the contest to help us win ground balls and clearances. Unfortunately Lewis doesn't have the same attack on the ball that JSOS has so it remains to be seen how effective he will be.

Around the ground we should have a mobility advantage over their ruckman despite Jackson's athletic capabilities.

This is going to be a really challenging game for us. Bring the good parts of our game from the last two wins to this game and we'll go really close. Go Baggers.
Young should just follow Jackson around from ruck to the forward line.

If we can somehow get over the line in this game, I may start to(just the slightest turning) in an anti clockwise rotation, of loosening the bolts that currently hold the lid firmly in its place.

It’s almost like they’ve identified the right midfield mix about three months after the rest of the footy world.
Cottrell is barely contributing positively to midfield play, but he is finishing the play off well in front of goal and vaguely shadowing players going the other way, and that makes him more dangerous than Ed on a wing.

I would have preferred Binns, but at least it's a step forward.
We are screwed, Freo at home with us having no rucks is different proposition to Haw.
We weren't even setting up that defensively last week... there's more that we can do to clamp down and shark taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back