Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 18, 2023 vs Carlton at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are looking bigger picture here.

We have players with tweaks and injuries that could be immense for us come finals that need to rest.

We have young players who need to be developed for next year and to cover injuries.

I’ve long argued that squad rotation needs to be done a lot more with clubs, I’m glad we are embracing the concept.

It’s long and medium term thinking that sets us up for the future.

How'd he go against Collingwood this year?
That’s one game off an injury plagued pre-season, when the rest of the team also struggled. He’s been one of our better, if not best performing players at SANFL for a month now. He was also surprisingly good at both levels last year. Not that big of a shock that he got a call up. Has been doing nicely on a wing too rather than HB.

Both Dixon and JHF have looked tired and sore, so no choice there. Lord ( which frees up Finlayson to help in the ruck or sent to defend for periods) and duurs and logical

Rioli and McKenzie are also no choice
jonas a logical in and mead does a job. I would have preferred narkle

Hayes probably should have kept his spot as Lycett is important next week

Burton is a big surprise, especially replacing him with burger in the week we go extra short down back

Interesting Carlton are now favourite.

We've won 13 straight and Carlton are still pretty much Carlton and sitting 12th for a reason.

We're short price favourite against Collingwood next week.

Last edited:
Interesting that even with Rioli out, Evans (leading Maggies goal kicker) can't get in the 22.
Would have preferred him to Mead. Would've preferred Narkle to Mead too. Would have preferred most players to Mead if we're being honest.

Interesting Carlton are now favourite.

We've won 13 straight and Carlton are still pretty much Carlton and sitting 12th for a reason.

We're short price favourite against Collingwood next week.

We've also won what, 9 in a row at marvel?

Just shows we aren't respected at all and all the fawning over daddy donuts isn't reality. They expect us to collapse at any moment.

Just waking up and having a look at the changes, I am a bit surprised with Burton being dropped again which might be more to do with other defenders just playing out of their minds and Narkle not even in the emergencies or the possibility to be a sub as he's been pretty serviceable since he's joined the team.

This seems to be another attitudinal shift from previous years and resting players coming up to finals and looking to find a nugget in the rough with young, up and coming players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The love for Burton on this site is sickening. He's been ordinary all year, yet people are saying 'big surprise', please!! The selection of Burgoyne is comical as the kid isn't up to it yet. Carlton will win and our defense will be exposed for the fraud it is.

The love for Burton on this site is sickening. He's been ordinary all year, yet people are saying 'big surprise', please!! The selection of Burgoyne is comical as the kid isn't up to it yet. Carlton will win and our defense will be exposed for the fraud it is.
Only one player can save this team...

Most times you have this many changes, it leads to a loss. Hopefully everyone fits into the game plan and it isn't a disorganised mess. A rough four weeks up coming that could determine our season.

Ahh. Too many melts.

JHF will be missed, but Lycett is a really big in.

Mead/Boak to fill JHF role swapping on the outside, with Duursma/Jase up on the wings.

Lord to bring energy that old limpy D wasn’t able to last week (when we still won against a better side than Carlton)

Makes sense to have Burton as sub. In case old skip isn’t up to it.

Considering this side is still way better than last year in terms of form and game plan, when we finished still better than Carlton’s current ladder position, I don’t think it’s too big an issue.

Watch the new system win. Also we love playing at Marvel… it suits how fast we are.

So you don't want Burton.. you don't want Burgoyne.. who do you want? Play the kids but not that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back