Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 18, 2023 vs Carlton at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the hate thrown at Mcentee the bias to Burton is outstanding. He’s been soft at contents since 2021. I have no issue until he gets some hardness.
Burton was outstanding last year. You might be right about this year, but you're kidding yourself if you don't recognise how good Burton was last year.

Have we replaced Burton with Burgoyne? I'd think Bergman stays in defence replacing McKenzie and Jonas/Jones cover the third tall and Burton role between them. Then Duursma replaces Bergman's brief wing stint.

We then look a defender heavy and a forward short, unless Burgoyne is playing further up the ground.

Hopefully Ollie can run onto a few loose balls like he does and hand off to guys running past , pity Fantasias not up for it . We’ve got Rozee for X factor when he goes down there .
We,ll defiantly have to be careful with their big forwards .
I think Bergman on McKay with help from Jonas .
I like the development of Lord , Burgoyne and Mead here , they get their opportunity and it’s up to them to try and be undroppable but if not , go back , work on weaknesses , not sure how many cycles you let them have but they’re getting a go and all could become regulars
Not sure about Burton being dropped but I probably agree that Jones and Williams are ahead of him at the moment , pretty good player to be dropped though .
Maybe he’ll be sub .
Hayes being emergency looks like there might still be some doubt about Lycett . I’d feel better if he’s in although it would be good to get another look at Hayes .
If we get off on the wrong foot we could be in trouble but we’ve still got a fair side in

I know it sounds weird given a whole heap of outs this week but I don't think we will lose that much as our best players are still in the team.

Dixon is injured and has been down in form. Ollie Lord comes in. I don't think we lose that much. Good luck Ollie. Hit the contest hard and use those smarts.
Hayes goes out for Lycett. Dixon and Lycett wouldn't look out of place at a leper colony. This is a serious upgrade.
The Hornet has been down on form and playing injured. Mead is a bit of a loss but compared to the Hornet's recent play, not so much. Would loved to have seen Hugh Jackson play but I hope Mead takes this opportunity.
McKenzie out for Jonas. I'm not a Jonas fan. A fair bit of a downgrade. McKenzie has been ultra solid down back.
Surprised at the harsh drop of Burton. Must not be doing his job. Duursma comes in and is an upgrade.
Junior is out and I will send a prayer. Jase Burgoyne is in and I hope he lets his speed and skill do the talking. Young man, take your chance.
Narkle might be the sub.

Seems to be a fair whack of speed coming in.
Some of the dropped names seem worrisome but they have been down on form and injured.
Some real opportunities for some players. Great to see.

It seems to be our weakest team since the Cows game.
Go the Power!!!

What do people see in Burgoyne apart from a name. Too light and cracks under AFL pressure.
Lol. As expected everyone lining up with the dislikes. Talk to me when he plays a good game at the level.

I know it sounds weird given a whole heap of outs this week but I don't think we will lose that much as our best players are still in the team.

Dixon is injured and has been down in form. Ollie Lord comes in. I don't think we lose that much. Good luck Ollie. Hit the contest hard and use those smarts.
Hayes goes out for Lycett. Dixon and Lycett wouldn't look out of place at a leper colony. This is a serious upgrade.
The Hornet has been down on form and playing injured. Mead is a bit of a loss but compared to the Hornet's recent play, not so much. Would loved to have seen Hugh Jackson play but I hope Mead takes this opportunity.
McKenzie out for Jonas. I'm not a Jonas fan. A fair bit of a downgrade. McKenzie has been ultra solid down back.
Surprised at the harsh drop of Burton. Must not be doing his job. Duursma comes in and is an upgrade.
Junior is out and I will send a prayer. Jase Burgoyne is in and I hope he lets his speed and skill do the talking. Young man, take your chance.
Narkle might be the sub.

Seems to be a fair whack of speed coming in.
Some of the dropped names seem worrisome but they have been down on form and injured.
Some real opportunities for some players. Great to see.

It seems to be our weakest team since the Cows game.
Go the Power!!!
Agree re Jackson. Would have been a good opportunity to see what he's got at this level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little lost with the selections, this has the hallmarks of a decent loss, absolute disregard for the opposition with the players we have brought in if you ask me.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree. I hope we aren’t getting ahead of ourselves but these selections really do reek of that.

I generally don’t melt over selections but this week has got me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We shut the bed so easy on this forum.

We’ve won with numerous outs already this season.

We’re playing at our fortress, Carlton ain’t that good as I see it the bulk of our spine is strong.

Marshall FF
Finny CHF
Wines C
Alir CHB
Jonas FB yea declining but still experienced.

We have great small running defenders in Farrell, Houston, Jones, Williams.

Centre line of Duursma, Rozee, Butters, best Ruck Lycett who has found form, Boak/Bergman
Forward DBJ, SPP, MandC

It’s still a solid team that will suit our game style.

Depth is good, give the lads a chance.

Side note, I’ve just entered the world late to Ted Lasso, this show was made about Hinkley right?

Really could’ve done with junior this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Interesting that even with Rioli out, Evans (leading Maggies goal kicker) can't get in the 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back