Autopsy Round 19, 2023 : Hawks can’t get it done against Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m ok with that. Secured 16 spot irrespective of the outcome.

Great first 3 quarters which is a great sign for the future and heaps of positives to take out of it.

Great reality check in the last and heaps that they can learn from so they don’t get too far ahead of themselves.

I’m ok with that. Secured 16 spot irrespective of the outcome.

Great first 3 quarters which is a great sign for the future and heaps of positives to take out of it.

Great reality check in the last and heaps that they can learn from so they don’t get too far ahead of themselves.

We had it anyway. We would need 3 from tge last 6 and Freo to lose all 6.

We should have kept attacking but just been even slightly sensible.

Wasn’t nice live listening to the feral Tigers supporters at the final siren but you could definitely notice that panic set in and lack of experience was a factor in the last quarter. To have a solid lead and then give it away with all that noise at the G our youngsters will benefit/gain some big takeaways on how to handle it better next time.

Our young midfield pantsed Tirranto, Prestia, Hopper for the majority of the game ……. they will dominate in a year or two ☝️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not care less about results this year and more about the performance.

Boys played a great game until the final quarter. Final quarter fall apart will be a great learning tool and will definitely drive a rocket up a few who were not running hard enough, for long enough.

Those types of experiences are invaluable to a young, growing team. Plus you compare the average age difference and it’s a good end nonetheless.

We win those next year with another 12 months under our belt.

Yes lets celebrate a s**t awful effort.

Breust had 30 seconds to do a set shot from in front of goal but instead rushes a left foot snap. They get a goal.

Brockman had the ball 60m out and instead of steadying and finding a safe teammate he rushes the ball to the middle missing everything and they get a goal.

Their kid in his 1st game had way more composure.
Did you want me to pick your teddy up and put it back in your cot?

This loss still doesn't hurt half as much as watching Isaac Smith lining up for goal for Geelong vs the Lions

Wasn’t nice live listening to the feral Tigers supporters at the final siren but you could definitely notice that panic set in and lack of experience was a factor in the last quarter. To have a solid lead and then give it away with all that noise at the G our youngsters will benefit/gain some big takeaways on how to handle it better next time.

Our young midfield pantsed Tirranto, Prestia, Hopper for the majority of the game ……. they will dominate in a year or two ☝️

Yeah the vibe at the ground was rough late in the game

Compared with say a close loss to Geelong, a lot less gracious and a lot more feral

We would have won if Cam Mackenzie was there. He is a good luck charm. But look, in my opinion, it speaks volumes about the talent we have to even be in the position we were in at 3QT. It's just too bad that Richmond will always be our kryptonite team. It would have been a good morale booster for the side, but this is life. I'm just looking forward to seeing another elite youngster, as well as Will McCabe, come through our doors come November.

Our strength seemingly became our weakness as the game rolled on. We had three proper inside mids in Newcombe, Worps and Nash doing most of the heavy lifting but run out of steam towards the end of the third , to theirs six start up mids in Taranto Hopper Bolton Dusty Prestia and Cochin. Lot of experience there. Ward and Day didn't have great games either so getting run over the top was on the cards. But Gee, I wanna stop losing to these pricks. Starting to become their bunnies. Hopefully we play out the season strongly .

Our strength seemingly became our weakness as the game rolled on. We had three proper inside mids in Newcombe, Worps and Nash doing most of the heavy lifting but run out of steam towards the end of the third , to theirs six start up mids in Taranto Hopper Bolton Dusty Prestia and Cochin. Lot of experience there. Ward and Day didn't have great games either so getting run over the top was on the cards. But Gee, I wanna stop losing to these pricks. Starting to become their bunnies. Hopefully we play out the season strongly .

Starting to become their bunnies? We've been their bunnies for almost 20 years!

So you think we were tanking?
I wouldn't bother, he thinks Nash has "never ever kicked a goal from a set shot" despite 30% of his goals from his first two seasons were from set shots.

A big thank you to Luke Breust for literally costing me $1400! Please this is not Gaelic football or a round ball. Go back to kicking a drop punt from 30 metres out in front and not lazy, arrogant rubbish; as defies belief. I said to a mate at the time I hope that doesnt comeback to haunt us and yep it did not to mention a couple of pathetic non chases in the dying minutes makes my blood boil. Not the sort of efforts you want from a so called leader. The mid-field building nicely so I think we really need a another big key forward to help Mitch and can take a mark or bring it to ground; another tall back would be nice too..
It only cost me a footy tip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back