Preview Changes: R22 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Others have had terrible games and maintained their spot
His standard is higher.

He will be sub, which is better than an SANFL game.

Murphy would not be in my team. Away game against a good side. He won't crack 10 disposals.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Other Small Forwards named = Murphy and Schoenberg. Not sure about you, but I'm fairly certain Rachele is a better small forward than those two.
Wouldn't take too much notice of our line-up.

Smith likely on a wing with Hinge in defence.
Pedlar effectively replacing Rachele up forward.
Sloane probably replacing Jones on a wing.

Rachele had two disposals to 3/4 time and 7 for the game. Deserved to be dropped.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not like he's important to our future or anything. We can't afford to show him the patience that we've showed a Lachlan Murphy.

His standard is higher.

He will be sub, which is better than an SANFL game.

Murphy would not be in my team. Away game against a good side. He won't crack 10 disposals.

Because he's a better player he should get dropped more easily. Brilliant.

What it’s going to do is make selection against Sydney very interesting.

Assuming we do plan on retiring Sloane next week, if he sucks against Brisbane, do we carry him in such an important game? Surely you’re not being made sub in a farewell home game?

Rankine will return against Sydney, if Murphy sucks will we finally drop him?

How is Rachelle going to build a case for a recall with Rankine returning? Will we drop Sloane for him?

Good to see Pedlar back in. I thought Rankine would get up which is a bit disappointing.

Assuming we do plan on retiring Sloane next week, if he sucks against Brisbane, do we carry him in such an important game? Surely you’re not being made sub in a farewell home game?

How is Rachelle going to build a case for a recall with Rankine returning? Will we drop Sloane for him?
Murphy has to drop out for Rachele.

Hard one for Rankine.

Good to see Pedlar back in. I thought Rankine would get up which is a bit disappointing.
No issue with us playing the long game as that hammy injury looked a bad one.

He will suck, and he'll get selected again, and he'll suck and he'll get selected again.

Then he'll get a new contract.

And he'll suck, and...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally Rankine & Rachele back in for Sloane & Murphy... but would not be betting on it.

Sloane back to sub.

If he's retiring they will definitely give him a send off game even if it costs us finals.

You probably haven’t noticed that Jones has been playing on the wing.

Hint: To work out who is playing on the wing, check out who is standing on the wing at each centre bounce.
That wouldn't make a joke though would it Sherlock?

Yep.

Rachele was bad last week. Don't need a stat sheet to suggest he was worst on ground.

Even if this was the case, he is a second year player who we have earmaked as part of our future. He shouldn't be playing as if he is on the verge of being dropped everyweek when the same rule isn't applied elsewhere.

I got a feeling Rachele might be done for the year unless something remarkable happens

Rankine could take Murphy spot

If we were planning on sloane retiring then they wouldve already announced it hoping it would help sell out the sydney game as his last at AO.

sloane will play on next year.

then this time next year, after another similar season to the one he’s had this year, they’ll still be debating whether they should let him have another.

Sloane would have to have a dozen very poor games in a row before this ******* club even considers dropping him.. let alone making him retire..

they cannot let go. it‘s deadset fxxkn strange.

Would have persisted with Rachele despite being worst on ground last week. Need to back in talent especially if it's just one game. We need some class up forward as well.
I felt Rachele actually gave away some indirect "freebie" goals (goal assists) to our forwards last week. Would have definitely have kept him in for a high scoring GABBA game and especially ahead of Sloane.

Even if this was the case, he is a second year player who we have earmaked as part of our future. He shouldn't be playing as if he is on the verge of being dropped everyweek when the same rule isn't applied elsewhere.
Nicks is playing the team that he feels gives us the best chance of winning. Rachele isn't in form so he doesn't deserve to play. I'm not sure why he picked Sloane as well but maybe Nick's thinks his experience will help us. I doubt it will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back