• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been browsing the thread for Bearded Clam 's comments on Keays .......he must be ill, cause I'm sure he'd want to post an apology, given another good Keays game

Did I hear the commentators say, Keays is one of our most important forwards .....and no BRIS player could go with his gut running ? .......now tell me that's not a weapon in Finals

Anyway, BC is probably going to start up an apology thread .....I'm happy to wait

View attachment 1772659
sings
"[You'll] be waiting such a long time ...
Can you dig it?" :sneaky:

I think yesterday will be one of the days that max m will reflect on in years to come as a real marker in his development as charlie cameron had ONE of those games and quarters where he was almost unstoppable. He will learn how to better handle such players i have no doubt
Or he could ask himself why a more senior guy couldn’t attend to one of the best small forwards in the league instead of him

I've been browsing the thread for Bearded Clam 's comments on Keays .......he must be ill, cause I'm sure he'd want to post an apology, given another good Keays game

Did I hear the commentators say, Keays is one of our most important forwards .....and no BRIS player could go with his gut running ? .......now tell me that's not a weapon in Finals

Anyway, BC is probably going to start up an apology thread .....I'm happy to wait

View attachment 1772659
IMG_0196.jpeg

Still think Milera and Smith get a free ride
Can't agree, both add more attacking flair and often set up our forward forays from the back half at this point and neither are "blanket" type defenders which has been Max's specialty to now. 2 of Cameron's goals the absolute best defender in the AFL could not have stopped.

Can't agree, both add more attacking flair and often set up our forward forays from the back half at this point and neither are "blanket" type defenders which has been Max's specialty to now. 2 of Cameron's goals the absolute best defender in the AFL could not have stopped.
Smith hasn’t even been a defender recently, he’s been a wing

Can’t say he was too great yesterday, but he’s playing his role perfectly fine at the moment

What if Butts and or Keane go down. Then it's Himmelberg(unless we trade him) and Borlase as our backs. We should be able to trade in a key back with what we get for outgoing players. Use our top 10 pick on a mid. McAdam hasn't resigned so he may be off to WA so McAdam for Cox or Barass and an exchange of later picks could be advantageous for both clubs. We will get nothing for Crouch and Doedee if they leave as expected as they are free agents. If the club thinks we are a top 6 chance next year they will chase a key back. I wouldn't rule out using our future first this offseason on a mid or key back.

If we were able to get Cox for Macadam and exchange of later picks...no probs

ADELAIDE'S Brodie Smith has escaped suspension for his hit on Brisbane's Eric Hipwood at the Gabba on Saturday evening.

Smith has been cited for striking Hipwood but can accept a $2000 fine with an early guilty plea, with the incident adjudged to be intentional, low impact and body contact.

You don’t need to have 4-5 A grade midfielders. You do need 2-3 absolutely.

That’s 2-3 more than crows currently have.

Big stuff up taking mccasey over serong. As usual no one accountable at crows these kind of debacles. You do that at corporate bank and you are out of a job.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s 2-3 more than crows currently have.

Big stuff up taking mccasey over serong. As usual no one accountable at crows these kind of debacles. You do that at corporate bank and you are out of a job.

Jordan Dawson plays golf?

Anyway, I was only half watching yesterday as the Matlidas were on, and I'd rather not revisit another heartbreaker, however my rough thoughts:

Good:

Milera and Hinge are really taking good strides forward as the underpins for our outside game.

Keane could be anything with another preseason. Handles big forwards well and has a serious intercept/offensive game. I look forward to seeing how he pairs with Murray when he's back.

I liked Schoenbergs game. Just looks like he's finally on track again after a rough year or so and looks to have found that poise/confidence again.

Nankervis is building nicely into an AFL career. Not outstanding, but just having flashes here and there that he's going to be a great piece to have somewhere in our 22 once he's fully firing.

Operation save Matt Crouch career is really going swimmingly for Matt. Whether we retain or not is another story, but he's performing at a serious click at the moment.

Keays played a solid hand against his former club.

McAdam has filled that Rankine hole well in the past few weeks.

Soligo, Pedlar and Worrell all played good hands.

Meh:

Tex was three shots off a phenomenal game. Hard to be super critical seeing how hot he's been with goalkicking in the last 10-12 weeks.

Sloane. Sure, he has a moment or two where you go "oh, he's still got it", before reverting back to a player who is just clinging on to being an AFL quality player. You can also tell both Adelaide and Sloane are not ready to admit it's just about over.

Fogarty just had one of those games where he got sucked into Brisbane's physicality and him wanting to be the man.

Borlase looked miles off being an AFL player this week. Fantastic debut though, and Brisbane is a very tough matchup owing to them also having a three-headed monster fronting their forward line, so I think this is just a write-off and move on kind of deal.

Michaelanny got taken to the cleaners by Cameron. I'm forgiving though because he's had a hell of a year, and Cameron at the Gabba (owing to how good Brisbane are at home) might be the single toughest matchup in the league for a general defender.

I think we're just at the point with Thilthorpe that we've gotten as much as we can out of him playing as a third tall, and he needs more responsibility for his game to go to the next level. We're probably a tad stuck whilst Tex is hot though, seeing it does stop any progression towards building the forward line around Thilthorpe.

Bad:

I know goal kicking inaccuracy will be talked about, but the elephant in the room is 93 points is enough to win most games of football, and we have four-five games with a very similar story line. After all, the scoring median is 83.71 points this year (and ave. would be very similar). The problem Adelaide faces is really on the other side of the ball, which is whilst that defence is inconsistent, Adelaide will keep throwing these types of games. What's really frustrating about that defense is we've shown we're able to get to a high level, seeing we've only conceded 69.3 points when we've won, compared to 93.8 points in losses.

That period in the 3rd where we got smashed in the clearances. It's where this game was lost and I wouldn't be surprised is how cold our inside game goes at times is why we're conceding so much. There isn't an obvious defensive area, as everyone in that unit had a good to great year on an individual level.
Well said.

Thankyou for your detailed rebuff around the positive contributions by Keays .....I'll now take on board your argument & prepare an appropriate response

Don't you love these debates .....can I assume no apology thread will be forthcoming .....damn ! ....it would have been popular too

Or he could ask himself why a more senior guy couldn’t attend to one of the best small forwards in the league instead of him
I look at it that this year is a development year and thats exactly the type of learning experience that will help him become an even better player. He will now be thinking how he could approach cameron next time to nullify him.

Laird had 25 CBAs with 2 clearances. Zero from a CBA.

Crouch 23 CBAs with 9 clearances.

Laird's 34 possessions were useless. Especially the two he could have won the game with.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm glad others have started noticing this.

Laird is one the most overrated Crows players of all time. He essentially offers nothing offensively other than gathering a massive amount of junk possessions and pointless stats that have no real impact.

Matt Crouch has come back and shown that he has far more impact with his possessions and this poses the question as to whether Laird should be moved back to half back.

I look at it that this year is a development year and thats exactly the type of learning experience that will help him become an even better player. He will now be thinking how he could approach cameron next time to nullify him.

Id back MM to do as good a job as anyone else we have already.
Which senior player do we have that defends smalls better than him? Laird maybe?

I'm glad others have started noticing this.

Laird is one the most overrated Crows players of all time. He essentially offers nothing offensively other than gathering a massive amount of junk possessions and pointless stats that have no real impact.

Matt Crouch has come back and shown that he has far more impact with his possessions and this poses the question as to whether Laird should be moved back to half back.
He does tackle well, most of the time

I doubt whatever we get will be used at the draft , maybe some pick swaps to get ready for Tyler next year

It’s time to use higher end picks only or move up where possible if there are kids we really like

Absolutely this. We are tight for list spots again and we have kids that still have minimal exposure sitting in the wings. Packaging up picks to get as high as possible is what we need. Another 2 class players through mid and half back will see us challenge

I deleted a response to this earlier today about Laird getting moved back

1. I actually like our defensive set up and dont think Rory ( either Rory) would fit
2. As someone posted long before (paraphrased) why the hell should we upset the balance of our team if a player is (a) out of form or (b) not providing the service required - just to accommodate them

Out of form means out of side - not shuffle the whole side around - whoops I forgot Nicks is coach which is exactly what he would do

Back