Preview Changes: R22 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele omitted after two weeks off for suspension feels very much McAdam missing the first half the season. And if he ends up as sub he'll play 1.5 games in 4 weeks.
Has all the ingredients of a Vic Club ready to poach him over the trade period.

If we were planning on sloane retiring then they wouldve already announced it hoping it would help sell out the sydney game as his last at AO.

sloane will play on next year.

then this time next year, after another similar season to the one he’s had this year, they’ll still be debating whether they should let him have another.

Sloane would have to have a dozen very poor games in a row before this ******* club even considers dropping him.. let alone making him retire..

they cannot let go. it‘s deadset fxxkn strange.
Next year will definitely be his last. Should be this year.

Wouldn't take too much notice of our line-up.

Smith likely on a wing with Hinge in defence.
Pedlar effectively replacing Rachele up forward.
Sloane probably replacing Jones on a wing.
On 5aa Smith said he would be playing on the wing.

So………

Out - Rachele (to play as sub). In - Pedlar. The good ole like for like.

Out - Jones In - Sloane to play on the wing.

Back 6/7 Michaelanney, Borlase, Worrell, Milera, Keane, Hinge and Nankervis

Smith, Sloane and Soligo to be the wingmen.

Laird, Dawson, Crouch and Schoenberg are our main inside mids.

Front 6/7 Pedlar, Walker, Keays, McAdam, Fogarty, Thilthorpe and Murphy.

My preference was to play Rachele and keep Sloane as the sub but this would mean using Murphy, Schoenberg, Keays or Pedlar spending more time on the wing.

People are presuming it’s better for Rachele personally to play him full game

Maybe it’s actually not

Eerily similar year for him as last year , electric early then a real struggle late to perform at a minimum level
Perhaps, but what message does it send to our younger brigade when they are omitted for poor performances when senior players aren’t?
I don’t think it’s much to ask for consistency

I was hoping all of the cheering every time Sloane got near the ball was some well known secret that he was retiring but it looks like he plays for ever.

Currently having Sloane in the starting 22 makes us weaker than we have to be, he was a perfect sub if he had to be in the team.

I will be on Sloane/Murphy watch this week as will many others. I would have liked Rachelle in the team to show him some faith as we have done with Sloane and Murphy and previously with
McHenry.

Perhaps, but what message does it send to our younger brigade when they are omitted for poor performances when senior players aren’t?
I don’t think it’s much to ask for consistency
Exactly. I dont have an issue per se with Rachele being dropped or made Sub, but over Sloane and given how he cost us literally a few games a few weeks back.

Contracts are meaningless in the sense that players walk can and do all the time. Even if contracted.
We don't have to trade him though. The club would ask for 3 first which tbh I would take.

A bit too knee-jerk this week for my taste. Pedlar in is a no-brainer but switching Sloane for Rachele just seems a bad and reactionary decision on the surface.

Like, if Rachele is that cooked that he already needs to be managed, is it worthwhile sending him up to Brisbane in the first place? Why Sloane coming back? You've got there in the last fortnight he offers nothing to us and it's not like we've played poor enough to panic.

Bit of a strange week all up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What it’s going to do is make selection against Sydney very interesting.

Assuming we do plan on retiring Sloane next week, if he sucks against Brisbane, do we carry him in such an important game? Surely you’re not being made sub in a farewell home game?

Rankine will return against Sydney, if Murphy sucks will we finally drop him?

How is Rachelle going to build a case for a recall with Rankine returning? Will we drop Sloane for him?
Sloanes contract will be announced next week because the crows know the apricot slice brigade will erupt the first time he touches the ball.

A bit too knee-jerk this week for my taste. Pedlar in is a no-brainer but switching Sloane for Rachele just seems a bad and reactionary decision on the surface.

Like, if Rachele is that cooked that he already needs to be managed, is it worthwhile sending him up to Brisbane in the first place? Why Sloane coming back? You've got there in the last fortnight he offers nothing to us and it's not like we've played poor enough to panic.

Bit of a strange week all up.
Sloane for Jones is a strange one. How would Cook be feeling that a cooked Sloane is being picked over him.

What it’s going to do is make selection against Sydney very interesting.

Assuming we do plan on retiring Sloane next week, if he sucks against Brisbane, do we carry him in such an important game? Surely you’re not being made sub in a farewell home game?

Rankine will return against Sydney, if Murphy sucks will we finally drop him?

How is Rachelle going to build a case for a recall with Rankine returning? Will we drop Sloane for him?
They’ll never shoot Old Yeller. Never.

Demoted to sub at best.

Even if this was the case, he is a second year player who we have earmaked as part of our future. He shouldn't be playing as if he is on the verge of being dropped everyweek when the same rule isn't applied elsewhere.
Look at it this way.

You have two twin sons.

One heavily *ed, the other highly intelligent.

The *ed one shits his pants in public. You don't chastise him. You clean it up and move on.

If the highly intelligent one shits his pants, you would tell him off. Because he knows better.

That kid is held to a higher standard, because of his intelligence/skill level.

Long term Rachele will be fine.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps McCluggage, Ah Chee or think Berry has being playing wing too of late.

Ok with changes, so long as Rachele is sub... but would have preferred he played.

He was rusty 1st game back, but many players are after a couple of weeks off. McAdam was rusty for his 1st return game too & has been great since.

Glad Nankervis kept his place as would he crazy to drop, particularly for team balance.
If the game is tight and in the balance and Rachele comes in late in the 3rd, it could be a masterstroke move.

He definitely will inject energy into the team.

Look at it this way.

You have two twin sons.

One heavily ******ed, the other highly intelligent.

The ******ed one shits his pants in public. You don't chastise him. You clean it up and move on.
Im the Rory Sloane in my family, without the accolades he achieved earlier in his career. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back