Preview Changes rd 23 vs Sydney, Saturday 7pm AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

You really trying to defend this week’s selections? For your own credibility just don’t, it makes engaging with you pointless if you can be such a fanboy. Just admit it, ****ed selections

It’s not about defending or supporting. The proof and truth comes from the scoreboard.

What I accept - with the likes of Pedlar and Rachele I accept that the club has been managing them through the back part of the year with minutes and games. Quite possible that’s the case with Nank (I did tip he would be dropped earlier this thread). They have been trying to balance having only 10-12 players with 50 or less games for sometime

They don’t need to manage Murphy for that as he has an AFL tank
Sloane they have managed all year with 60 ish percent game time

So I accept they have knowledge and information I don’t that they base decisions on - I trust they want to win because it keeps them in a well paid job and cutting the rubbish they are competitive people. You don’t get to these levels without that

You and others choose to think they have no idea, aren’t working to a bigger picture than you have and that they all risk their jobs every week to pick their mates and favourites

So we have a different view

At the end of the day if they get it wrong they wear it - and the coach is first to go. So if these decisions are so horrible then he will find himself in all sorts of trouble by mid next year - regardless if we extend him

I feel this game is super tough regardless of the side we put out there. Sydney play well here, are on winning form and need to win as much as we do

But we need to win - let’s see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We will probably sub off Soligo or Rachele
In essence, it appears we have just reversed the SUB tactic around

Instead of starting Pedlar and subbing in Sloane in the 2nd half ....they've gone for starting Sloane and subbing him out for faster legs in the 2nd half

Rankine in for Nank, who I think a lot were saying he needed a rest

The Sloane match-ups are ok against SYD ....they're not the quickest ....but you'd be praying we don't have an early injury

It's interesting ....a lot of the lower placed teams have omitted a lot of youth this week 🤔

Having a tank means little if you are shit at football though.

He had another zero mark game last week

Apparently Doc Clarke tore strips off him at training. You could hear it from the surrounding suburbs.
His last month has been fairly poor after being good for most of the year.

Again though, it's a case of grind our blokes into the ground and wonder why they drop off in the second half of the year.

So.. if that is the match committee.. the team that sits down and picks the 23 every week..

Given these bewildering selection decisions, the “must play the seniors regardless of form” policy, the mookay 3 year saga, the Richie douglas getting 8 games to spud it up then be forced into retirement etc etc has been going on for atleast 5-6 years now…

Ask yourself…

who has been the “constant“ over the past 5-10 years when reading the names on that committee?..

and some here think he doesnt have any real say at the club and chastise anyone that dares say he does… even after the bloke defiantly said he aint giving up his current role at the club as football director until the current rebuild has been completed.
Could you tell me who were the promising young stars in our team that were kept out by Mookay and Douglas, and that are now first pick in the present team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not about defending or supporting. The proof and truth comes from the scoreboard.

What I accept - with the likes of Pedlar and Rachele I accept that the club has been managing them through the back part of the year with minutes and games. Quite possible that’s the case with Nank (I did tip he would be dropped earlier this thread). They have been trying to balance having only 10-12 players with 50 or less games for sometime

So I accept they have knowledge and information I don’t that they base decisions on - I trust they want to win because it keeps them in a well paid job and cutting the rubbish they are competitive people. You don’t get to these levels without that

You and others choose to think they have no idea, aren’t working to a bigger picture than you have and that they all risk their jobs every week to pick their mates and favourites

At the end of the day if they get it wrong they wear it - and the coach is first to go. So if these decisions are so horrible then he will find himself in all sorts of trouble by mid next year - regardless if we extend him

I feel this game is super tough regardless of the side we put out there. Sydney play well here, are on winning form and need to win as much as we do

Thank you for taking the time to explain my exact thoughts.

Except this has never been true at our club. There is never accountability for poor decision making. They got selection wrong just last week: Sloane was awful. Who was accountable?

And let's be real about this, when the proof is in the pudding that we ****ed this up it's not like you're going to support the idea that someone should be held accountable.

In essence, it appears we have just reversed the SUB tactic around

Instead of starting Pedlar and subbing in Sloane in the 2nd half ....they've gone for starting Sloane and subbing him out for faster legs in the 2nd half

Rankine in for Nank, who I think a lot were saying he needed a rest

The Sloane match-ups are ok against SYD ....they're not the quickest ....but you'd be praying we don't have an early injury

It's interesting ....a lot of the lower placed teams have omitted a lot of youth this week 🤔
Still trying to justify it? Reverse roles? We didn’t sub Sloane last week.

Sloane will play 3qtrs of the game minimum, that’s if we even sub him at all.

A lot were saying Nank needed a rest? Who? You just made that up.

Why are you so desperate to defend Nicks? Is it because you’re in too deep and it would be too embarrassing to admit his selections suck?

Still trying to justify it? Reverse roles? We didn’t sub Sloane last week.

Sloane will play 3qtrs of the game minimum, that’s if we even sub him at all.

A lot were saying Nank needed a rest? Who? You just made that up.

Why are you so desperate to defend Nicks? Is it because you’re in too deep and it would be too embarrassing to admit his selections suck?
I didn't defend the selections ....I merely tried to outline the possible thinking behind the selections

Where did I say the selections were good ?

Or despite all the information they have, they can still make poor decisions because in the end it’s just their opinion. Not all coaches end up being successful good coaches despite having all the information, so to blindly place your faith in our coach because he’s employed as our coach is just dumb and naive.

I didn't defend the selections ....I merely tried to outline the possible thinking behind the selections

Where did I say the selections were good
Oh come on Wayne, you were clearly trying ti offer reasons why the selections were ok. Sloane will be subbed, so don’t worry. Nank needed a rest.

But the kicker is if you don’t think the selections were good, how about saying so and actually criticising them? Or would that be too difficult for you?

Oh come on Wayne, you were clearly trying ti offer reasons why the selections were ok. Sloane will be subbed, so don’t worry. Nank needed a rest.

But the kicker is if you don’t think the selections were good, how about saying so and actually criticising them? Or would that be too difficult for you?
No, because I'm not a negative thinking person ....I couldn't be in my profession

That said, I've been highly critical of players over my time on BF .....McGregor, Shirley, Skipworth & so on .....and I haven't been enamoured with ROB, Crouch or Butts ......but that gets forgotten about, if not continuously dumping on everything Crows

I actually enjoy the game too much to take that attitude

Timing is kinda funny with the "Don't worry about Sloane re-signing, he'll play SANFL next year and Pedlar will be given a bigger role"

Next day

Sloane is like "yea, I don't think me playing SANFL is gonna happen for at least another few years."

Next day

Pedlar gets dropped.
And stranger still...Pedlar says publicly that Sloane is slowing down and....gonski...out of the side!!

"Comrade. It's okay. This is how we do business in The Adelaide Peoples Republic of Russia".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back