Preview Changes and Preview Brisbane vs Ports @ Gabba, qualifying final thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same media experts who demanded we re-sign Hinkley because that was our best chance of winning?

Yep literally begged us to sign Hinkley because of how good we were apparently going and because he “aced the exam”. We finally do it and now it’s like “yeah nah, port are trash, straight sets”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You reckon tht Timmy G, Jack Cahill, the a Williams Family, The Ebert family

Didnt enjoy everyone not rating them (on the odd occasion) that it happened

* me you've gone off the deep end
This underdog stuff is an infuriating myth. The port adelaide I grew up with, always displayed an attitude of expecting and demanding to win. Which is why we did.
My biggest concern about Ken has always been his sooking about how good the opposition is and how hard it is to win. Which is why we don't.

This underdog stuff is an infuriating myth. The port adelaide I grew up with, always displayed an attitude of expecting and demanding to win. Which is why we did.
My biggest concern about Ken has always been his sooking about how good the opposition is and how hard it is to win. Which is why we don't.

Yep we expected and demanded a win, but that doesn’t mean we weren’t the clear bookies underdog in many GF’s in the 90’s and also in 2004 and played some of our best footy and won in those circumstances.

Not sure when playing well as an underdog has turned into a weakness and even mentioning it is a cause for infuriation.

I won’t mention the underdog tag again, silly mistake.

Yep we expected and demanded a win, but that doesn’t mean we weren’t the clear bookies underdog in many GF’s in the 90’s and also in 2004 and played some of our best footy and won in those circumstances.

Not sure when playing well as an underdog has turned into a weakness and even mentioning it is a cause for infuriation.

I won’t mention the underdog tag again, silly mistake.
Thanks Kochie.
Underdog in 2004. Lol. Are you on drugs. We finished top for the 3rd season in a row you numpty

I know it was first game of the year but the way you put it there is no
way we get within a mile of Brisbane but we beat them by 9 goals yes 9 goals not 9 points this year.
You need to tuck in that Crows jumper your wearing.
All that means is we can have good minor round wins. We have them every year. Irrelevant now. Of course it's possible we win this one, but logic dictates we won't, too many factors on the wrong side of the ledger. If we get up no-one will be happier than me to be proved wrong.

I think mid's and offensively we match up, defence is our big weakness and where they may get us.
I think we lack genuine scoring power, we don't have anyone capable of kicking a bag. We need a lot of players chipping in to kick a winning score. Most of all we need smart method going forward...when things get a bit tough we still revert to brainless bombing the ball in high when we've got no-one likely to take a contested mark.

Can't help but disagree that we are deficient in every other area. Without doubt I would back our small defenders and half backs against theirs. Burton's last 4 out of 5 games have been good and he can legitimately play on talls and smalls. We have the AA Dan Houston. Then we have Bergmann, Williams and Jones who if they bring their best game are all quite formidable. I'd back them against the Brisbane small defenders and half backs every day. Remembering they will be without Rich as they have been for most of the year.

Our forward line is generally ok. We let ourselves down badly in GA% across the board. We will miss Dixon, although to a lesser degree they will miss Gunston.
Fair enough, just don't share your confidence. Burton's a downhill skier who goes to water under pressure, Bergman is patchy, Williams is solid, Jones is a fumbly mess who's played maybe 2 good games for the year. Agree if they play at their best it'll help our cause greatly. I hope they do.

Thanks Kochie.
Underdog in 2004. Lol. Are you on drugs. We finished top for the 3rd season in a row you numpty

We did but we were still around the same odds as what we are this weekend, roughly $2.75 Mum *er.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're gonna beat them fairly comfortably

Get our hopes up again

Lose our home prelim

Watch Brisbane run out there on grand final day anyway

Underperform next year with Ken having a two year contract

Complain in here daily

Get fired from our jobs as our work slips due to the constant negativity

Become homeless as we can't make our rent payments without a steady income

Have our families move in with the inlaws

End up begging on the street for home & away tickets while trying to make "Sack Hinkley" signs out of random bones we find on the street

Get cursed by the bones and have greyhound ghosts haunt us

Go in to the sewers and have sex with a magic fish that is said to be able to break the curse

Brisbane definitely started favourites for 2004 grand final.
Absolutely, there was one person (can’t remember who) in the entire media that tipped us to win and you had to listen for a while to even hear mention of who Brisbane were playing.

FF: Willie Rioli | Ollie Lord | Todd Marshall
HF: Sam Powell-Pepper | Jeremy Finlayson | Darcy Byrne-Jones
C: Xavier Duursma | Zak Butters | Miles Bergman
R: Scott Lycett | Jason Horne-Francis | Connor Rozee
HB: Dan Houston | Aliir Aliir | Kane Farrell
FB: Ryan Burton | Trent McKenzie | Lachie Jones
I: Ollie Wines | Willem Drew | Dylan Williams | Orazio Fantasia
S: Travis Boak
E: Sam Hayes | Jed McEntee | Tom Jonas

IN: McKenzie, Lycett, Marshall, Fantasia
OUT: Jonas, Hayes, Evans, McEntee

If we turn up switched on then we're tough to beat and that's been true for the majority of the Hinkley era, within the first 5 minutes you can generally tell if we're switched on or if we're in for a long night - think 2021 PF.

The issue is even if we turn up switched on we have had the tendency to be criminally inefficient going forward and have kicked ourselves out of games (which then lends itself to the heartbreaking close loss - 2014 PF/2017 EF).

We are absolutely capable of winning this game, and there is no club inside the top 8 this season that I fear playing. The biggest concern I have (outside of coaching) is if the players will actually turn up switched on and take their chances when they present.

If we turn up switched on then we're tough to beat
This is the whole game, to me. If we can bring that manic pressure, players running their asses off and following the examples of Butters and SPP at attacking the ball, then even the potential threats of Daniher, Hipwood and Cameron won't matter. If we're not on like that, it's gonna be a very long night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back