Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

Semi Final Team

The big question is who plays key forward with Harry out - past history says it’s either TDK or Silvagni - I say JSOS is risky after repeat injuries and we need more run so go with DeKoning and replace Harry with Motlop and we have to lower the eyes

Suspect Martin is suspended and because we are playing TDK & Motlop forward we can bring Holland’s to provide additional run on the wing and
throw either Docherty/MCGovern forward at times for different 3rd tall looks. The smoky would be bring in Kennedy?? to play 3rd tall forward

In : Motlop Hollands Dow (sub)

Out : McKay (conc) Martin (susp) Motlop (sub)

FB: Cincotta Weitering Kemp
HB: Saad McGovern Newman
C: Acres Cripps Hollands
HF: Cottrell Curnow Cuningham
FF: Fogarty TDK Owies

F: Pittonet Cerra Walsh

Int: Marchbank (d) Hewett (m) Motlop (f) Docherty (m/f)
SUB : Dow

E- Boyd Kennedy Silvagni

If he had broken ribs, he wouldn't even be playing. He's got bruised rib cartilage, this time he doesn't look as affected as we was vs GC but they'll gradually get better as it takes several weeks to fully heal.
He hasn’t played a final in 180 games and you think they could stop him with broken ribs.

He deserves to play but push him forward and negate May.

We have the inballers to over him

He hasn’t played a final in 180 games and you think they could stop him with broken ribs.
Well yes, they'd stop him. Because with broken ribs, even a small bump and you could have a punctured lung, which is life-threatening. Yes we all know about Dipper, but he probably nearly died there.

Out: Martin (susp), McKay (inj but should drop him regardless)

In: JSOS / Kennedy as third tall, Motlop

Sorry but we cannot carry a player like Harry. Confidence is 0, can’t contest, can’t kick goals

Piffle, he score assisted our first 2 goals

Piffle, he score assisted our first 2 goals

That’s not enough. Need to be scoring, knocking the ball down to our smalls, taking grabs on the wing.

Instead, he’s missing from 4 meters and then again from 15 metres out. Knocked the absolute wind out of our sails on that second missed goal. He’s out of form and a massive liability at the moment.

Also, I just remembered Petracca... where is leg got trapped by that goofy Cox fella, could've ended up a lot worse. His leg might be real sore coming to this game.

He'll be sore and carrying a mild syndesmosis/medial ankle ligament injury based on that footage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is an argument of intentional vs careless, with a 1 week suspension on the cards if it's the former. Historically incidents like his have been seen as intentional contact, but here's hoping.

So far, I'm going with:

OUT: Pittonet, McKay
IN: Dow, Silvagni

If we lose Martin, I'm interested in either Motlop or Hollands coming in.

Is JSOS fit? Did he play the practice game? Would be huge if he is.
Playing a scratch match tomorrow against Melbourne so we should know all about Jack's readiness..... He is really an intelligent player however with two consecutive sprained knee injuries how much running has he been doing?

BamBam as the third tall forward is worth exploring

Classic case of next man up. This is what you play for...
Feel for H. Clearly struggling but keeps presenting. Would really stretch the Dees bits but they will have to deal with a quicker forward line.
Martin will be out. Shame given the nature of finals contact that an incident like that will cost games.
Acres clearly sore. Needle up and go again Champion. Be ready Ollie!
Dees forward line (cough) is set up for Bot to play that sweeper role again. We have good match ups for Fritsch and smalls.
No Brayshaw or Van Rooyan is helpful given we will be short of our best 22. Trac likely to be sore too.
Jack replaces Jack
Happy with Bam or Mots to replace H and go quickly.
Feel like Ollie should be the Sub. Run could be important late.
Cash in while it's there for the taking Blues. Someone has to win, it might as well be us!!!

Need to find a way to get Dow back into the 22.
Why? I mean, if we need him to perform a role, sure, but why must we find a way?

Martin is an argument of intentional vs careless, with a 1 week suspension on the cards if it's the former. Historically incidents like his have been seen as intentional contact, but here's hoping.

So far, I'm going with:

OUT: Pittonet, McKay
IN: Dow, Silvagni

If we lose Martin, I'm interested in either Motlop or Hollands coming in.
Why on earth would you be dropping Pittonet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back