Review Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MAGICAL evening.

Charlie kicking two in 30 seconds while the entire crowd bellows out country roads is a top 5 Gabba moment.
That was genuinely the best moment of the game, then the cheer after, then an umpire screwing us on a decision and the crowd booing.

What. A. Game!!!!!

Fletcher, take a bow young man, a superb game! Daniher, Rayner, Clugga and Wilmot rounds out my five, but a special mention to Hippy who made so much happen and worked so hard.

Can we just touch on the umpiring, absolutely f*ing disgraceful! They got everything going their way, we had to have a string of 3 offences before we were paid a free.

And what a dog Powell Pepper is, a disgrace of a player.

Go Lions!!!! Can't wait to see you at the Prelim

Absolute belter with no passengers.

Included Hipwood in my top 5 based on his first quarter alone (played well all game), if he’d kicked those 2 goals I reckon it would have been his best quarter evee

Was up and about taking marks everywhere, also had a couple of great spoils across the ground getting to contests he probably wouldn’t have in years past.

When the power stopped trying to cuddle him and hug him every centre bounce and throw in, the above what you mentioned happened.

The umpiring of the ruck was a disgrace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't ask for anything more from the lads. Complete performance all round, and probably our best 4 quarter performance of the year. Bar a couple of 10 minute periods where they got a run on, we were all over them. Especially pleased that the guys who stood up when it mattered were the players we hoped would be big finals players, Joe, hippy, cam, charlie, etc.

Honestly think I would prefer Melbourne over the blues at this point, but if we play like that we'll beat whoever shows up.

I went with, in no order, Cam, Clugg, Wilmott, Fletcher and Joe as my fab five.

The most impressive thing about Fletch’s game was how he stood up in big moments. 12 games in and he was the second highest rated player on the field.

I won’t say the umpiring was a disgrace, one umpire in particular was a disgrace. The club should make sure he never umpires one of our games again. I would hate to be an umpire when one of my colleagues is that bad/biased.

Wines with 14 disposals. What happened to him?
From the sounds of it he has just fallen off a cliff. A Brownlow medalist from a couple of years ago is supposed to be the jewel in your midfield, is he even in their first rotations in the midfield at the moment?

How good was that? Especially the second half. Rayner, McCluggage, Wilmott, Hipwood (thought he had a really good game apart from his kicking), Joe, Harris, .... every one of them really.

Before the game I said I thought this was a preview of the GF but I can only see one of these teams making it after that.

Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office

MAGICAL evening.

Charlie kicking two in 30 seconds while the entire crowd bellows out country roads is a top 5 Gabba moment.
How good was that? The crowd hadn't finished singing and had to start again 🤣

Back