Review Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s Nathan Williams, he’s the worst umpire in the league by a mile. It’s not just us, If you’ve ever seen a game with a tonne of bad decisions it’s usually him umpiring - does a lot of dogs games funnily, go figure.

Have been death riding him for years, yet here we are still.
It would appear from the thread on the main forum you’re not the only one who has taken a special interest in him.

As a club the day just got better the longer it went.
AFLW started with a 50-point win over Port
Then the VFL boys had a good 40-point finals win over Williamstown.
And then the main show did not disappoint with a huge 48-point win over Port.
Port 0-2 over the Lions today.

Great team effort tonight to now move straight into the PF.
Will need another huge effort to qualify for the GF.
As most coaches say just one week at a time.

The highlight of the night was obviously Jarryd Lyons 1st touch being a goal.
I agree. His team mates all got around him.

I went with, in no order, Cam, Clugg, Wilmott, Fletcher and Joe as my fab five.

The most impressive thing about Fletch’s game was how he stood up in big moments. 12 games in and he was the second highest rated player on the field.

I won’t say the umpiring was a disgrace, one umpire in particular was a disgrace. The club should make sure he never umpires one of our games again. I would hate to be an umpire when one of my colleagues is that bad/biased.

They were all pretty bad but I genuinely believe umpire 22 was point shaving…it was too absurd to have been incompetence

img_4011-jpeg.1798740

Payne had another poor game. He has gone backwards with his decision making.

I don’t think there’s any doubt he’s carrying something. He’s struggling to jump and move as quick as he did earlier and he’s less confident as a result. Still our best choice over Joyce and Gardiner. Even Lord got a couple marks over Harris and Wilmot had a similar gaff the Payne in the first.

Can’t understate the prowess of Rozee and Butters kicking prowess though. They are amazing kicks that almost always let Marshall and Lord get an advantage over their man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Open up the voting for this game, every player should get a vote - team effort, and 1 vote also to Fagan.

The highlight - singing 'country road' so loud over the bounce of the ball only for it to go straight to Charlie and he dobs another and we sang even louder.

Our kids were great - Fletcher, Wilmont.
Our veterans were great - Zorko, Lyons , Lester
Our new players were great - Dunkley, McKenner.
Our forwards were great especially Hippy who you thought was playing in the backs early he was helping out - Jo, Linc, Rayner
Backs were stoic - Kiddy, Andrews etc
Midfield help their own Dunkley, Lachie etc

Just bloody everyone - never in doubt.

So glad this is a word forum and you type your comments - I can't talk from yelling, singing and cheering, just brilliant.

We have to mention it - that poor girl who sang the national anthem and forgot the words.

Watched her walk off - she seemed ok but she must have been dying inside.

Probably the last time she'll get that opportunity. Justifiably.

We have to mention it - that poor girl who sang the national anthem and forgot the words.

Watched her walk off - she seemed ok but she must have been dying inside.

Probably the last time she'll get that opportunity. Justifiably.

She was going to fast for the backing track and was able to pull it back at the end! That stuff can haunt you for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was going to fast for the backing track and was able to pull it back at the end! That stuff can haunt you for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably didn't have a good feed on the music and the 'lost words' happened when she finally heard she was ahead.

Again, poor kid (she looked very young to me- though to be fair anyone under the age of 40 looks young to me).

Back