D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty rough to say there is a lot of "carry on" from the club. How many players are reading the rule book every year? Sure the committee and higher ups should be aware and this falls squarely on them, but have a think about the players in this instance that are devastated having been in the top 2 all year.

It's a garbage rule that has cost a team a chance at a flag.
It's ridiculous that you can double up and have both games count towards your career tally, goals and B&F votes all valid but for finals eligibility, the one game that was required is not counted.

Good old VAFA - for the love of the game. No wonder so many teams are on the way out.
I agree in that sense, by all
Means I don’t like St. John’s, but I agree that their best bet is to use the new facility and move to another league.

Heartbreaking for the 2s players and staff at St Johns. I know it's on the clubs but surely the VAFA brings something in to notify clubs of ineligibility before games going forward. Unfortunate to be ruled out of a granny by a silly rule.

Hopefully this paves way for them to move to the SFNL soon.

Good luck to AP this weekend, peaking at the right time of the year and hoping they knock off the undefeated bulls. You'd love to see it!

Feeling for my JOCs as we were clearly the best 2s in the division.

I can sense an absolute walloping by the NB Bulls given that BHN had a Messy Mad Monday where there was no chance any of them trained Tuesday & from what I heard from a mate who walked past their ground Thursday about 10 blokes casually kicking torps at goal front the centre. They're probably still hungover.

NB 147
BHN 15

My prediction.

Still no official statement from the VAFA, very odd.

They of course had time to put out an article regarding the new board members.

Better to post nothing than the rubbish St Johns have served up in this forum and on their social media. At least they have now pulled down the Facebook post and nuffy comments.

Heartbreaking for the 2s players and staff at St Johns. I know it's on the clubs but surely the VAFA brings something in to notify clubs of ineligibility before games going forward. Unfortunate to be ruled out of a granny by a silly rule.

Hopefully this paves way for them to move to the SFNL soon.

Good luck to AP this weekend, peaking at the right time of the year and hoping they knock off the undefeated bulls. You'd love to see it!
Are they serious about SFNL next season Ashtrains?
It is a definite that there will be no D4. Old Paradians and Ivanhoe to NFL.

Feeling for my JOCs as we were clearly the best 2s in the division.

I can sense an absolute walloping by the NB Bulls given that BHN had a Messy Mad Monday where there was no chance any of them trained Tuesday & from what I heard from a mate who walked past their ground Thursday about 10 blokes casually kicking torps at goal front the centre. They're probably still hungover.

NB 147
BHN 15

My prediction.
Didnt St Johns forfeit the long drive to Brunswick to avoid NB?

Didn't want to embarrass NB by beating them with a 15 man squad.
A fair few of the 2s had a run around against the NB 1s that day and they are nothing special.

Albert Park are going to knock NB 1s off tomorrow with Drew Pearman winning BoG
Couldn’t beat NB with 22 players would’ve loved to see them try it with 15. Is that 15 eligible or 14 eligible and 1 not? If they didn’t forfeit that day they wouldn’t be in this situation.

A fair few of the 2s had a run around against the NB 1s that day and they are nothing special.

Both clear top of the ladder, funny rubbish teams in D4 haven't liked north brunswick being too good.

Last edited:
How about the hopping 1s coach who had a stint coaching Albert Park then coached Masala for a few years then only lasted the first Rd this year coaching the JOCs to a 100 point defeat to his former club Masala. (Some would say it was an inside job, others would argue it made the JOCs a lot stronger)

Feeling some good energies on the Falcs today. Speaehead Lee to kick a 6 bagger & Zac Knight to slot a couple, he's due.

Edit: Removed quoted deleted post - OTP

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t the seniors get smacked by 20 goals against nb that day bit arrogant saying they’re nothing special…
News flash it’s d4 footy nobody’s special.

Congrats to Nb clearly the best club all season enjoy the celebrations

Didn’t the seniors get smacked by 20 goals against nb that day bit arrogant saying they’re nothing special…
News flash it’s d4 footy nobody’s special.

Congrats to Nb clearly the best club all season enjoy the celebrations
With the likelihood of no D4 next year where does that leave North Brunswick to play next season? Do they by-pass D3 (more often some / most sides they played this year) and go straight to D2?

With the likelihood of no D4 next year where does that leave North Brunswick to play next season? Do they by-pass D3 (more often some / most sides they played this year) and go straight to D2?
Be interesting how it plays out. Hopefully vafa on the ball 😅

Would be great if they stayed, and handed out some more pummeling's to the other rabble in the division

wasn't the reason they were dropped to Div 4 because they weren't good enough for Div 3? or are all the Div 3 teams going up to Div 2?

Are they serious about SFNL next season Ashtrains?
It is a definite that there will be no D4. Old Paradians and Ivanhoe to NFL.
Not sure how serious they are at the moment, but I think it would be a better move for them. Would help them attract more players and spectators as they wouldn't have to travel as far for games.

It might be too late to move next season, but could be a possibility over the next couple of years.

Stuff that, put them straight into Premier A....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back