2nds Peel Thunder 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just an indictment on the standard of play in the WAFL that this Peel team made it to a grand final? Wagner is the only Freo player who I wouldn’t delist immediately after the siren.

Emmett plays a role and he deserves spot with wagner but the rest were atrocious. Can someone explain what's happen to NOD? I watched him tear up the cats along with Acres about 14 months ago at the Cattery and now doesn't look like a Wafl reserves player!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s been a couple of s**t decisions not enough to make a difference, Peel are lucky to be this close they’ve been soundly beaten.
Thank you.

The maggots didn’t make Peel lose pretty much every clearance and certainly every stoppage.

The maggots didn’t make Peel fumble like a pack of sexfingered fools.

I kept expecting to read that media bias was responsible.

Old Easts were way too good.

We used to win flags for fun. Working real hard for one is pretty good too.

We had a great season at Peel. Couldn't win the granny but we did well to make one. A few thoughts on our current listed players:
  • Emmett is a classic Wallzy find. Once he has a few preseasons and gets some AFL experience, he is going to be brilliant for us.
  • Wagner looks like another hidden gem Wallzy found. Most posters were bemoaning him (including myself) when we drafted him. He didn't start the year well but has come on in leaps. I love how he takes the game on using his speed which will be crucial to our rebound game.
  • Noddy- some warning signs around his performance this year. Noddy had an interrupted preseason (again) but he barely looks to be at the WAFL level. If he didn't have that fantastic first season, we would be having a very different conversation about him. Hopefully he can recapture that form!
  • Brodie is a very frustrating player. He has all the tools to exceed but hasn't put it together at Peel. Brodie looks to have shed some kgs during the season so hopefully that's a sign he will be building his fitness.

So let me get this right. Easts breach the salary cap THIS year, but will get punished NEXT year, and get to keep the premiership?

Seems reasonable.

That aside, peel really missed a strong marking target up forward. And were woeful with the ball. And didn’t really want it.

Cheer cheer the blue and the white.

It’s been a while but the cup is back where it belongs.

Number 30, come home to papa.

(I have to say, along with the aligning of the planets and the extraordinarily right nature of the flag going to East Freo, it has been incredibly cathartic to be able to tip a load of s**t on Freo blokes when they have been mud. And what a lot of mud there was.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back