Fixture 2024 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We play Saints "our home game" at Marvel GAGF.
The Saints play their home game against the Pies at the G.
Now surely the brains trust at the AFL would simply fixture Saints at Marvel for their home game v Pies and fixture Richmond V Saints our home game at the G. Am I missing something here :think:

Now the Pies we played them this year as the away team, guess what we play them only once next year and I was expecting us to be the home team but no we are the away team again :mad:

2024 AFL FIXTURE BRACKETS (Based on 2023 ladder & finals)

Top six:
Collingwood, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, GWS Giants, Melbourne, Port Adelaide

Middle six: St Kilda, Sydney Swans, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide Crows, Essendon, Geelong

Bottom six: Richmond, Fremantle, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, West Coast Eagles

EVERY TEAM’S 2024 DOUBLE-UPS

Adelaide Crows:
Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Sydney Swans (2x top 6, 3x middle 6, 1x bottom 6)

Brisbane Lions: Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, Gold Coast Suns, GWS Giants, Melbourne, St Kilda (3x top 6, 2x middle 6, 1x bottom 6)

Carlton: Collingwood, Geelong, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond (3x top 6, 1x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Collingwood: Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Sydney Swans (3x top 6, 2x middle 6, 1x bottom 6)

Essendon: Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, Gold Coast Suns, St Kilda, Sydney Swans, West Coast Eagles (1x top 6, 3x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Fremantle: Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney Swans, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Geelong: Adelaide Crows, Carlton, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs (1x top 6, 3x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Gold Coast Suns: Brisbane Lions, Essendon, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast Eagles (2x top 6, 1x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

GWS Giants: Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, Sydney Swans, Western Bulldogs (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Hawthorn: Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, Geelong, GWS Giants, North Melbourne, Richmond (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Melbourne: Brisbane Lions, Collingwood, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs (3x top 6, 1x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

North Melbourne: Carlton, Geelong, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs (1x top 6, 2x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

Port Adelaide: Adelaide Crows, Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne, Richmond, St Kilda (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Richmond: Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, St Kilda (2x top 6, 1x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

St Kilda: Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast Eagles (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

Sydney Swans: Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS Giants, Western Bulldogs (2x top 6, 3x middle 6, 1x bottom 6)

West Coast Eagles: Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast Suns, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda (1x top 6, 2x middle 6, 3x bottom 6)

Western Bulldogs: Fremantle, Geelong, GWS Giants, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Sydney Swans (2x top 6, 2x middle 6, 2x bottom 6)

AFL 2024 fixture difficulty (from easiest to hardest)

Based on the 2023 percentage of the teams they play twice in 2024

1. Gold Coast Suns
2. North Melbourne
3. West Coast Eagles
4. St Kilda
5. Geelong
6. Richmond
7. Fremantle
8. Essendon
9. Melbourne
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Carlton
12. GWS Giants
13. Adelaide Crows
14. Hawthorn
15. Collingwood
16. Sydney Swans
17. Port Adelaide
18. Brisbane Lions

We play Saints "our home game" at Marvel GAGF.
The Saints play their home game against the Pies at the G.
Now surely the brains trust at the AFL would simply fixture Saints at Marvel for their home game v Pies and fixture Richmond V Saints our home game at the G. Am I missing something here :think:

Now the Pies we played them this year as the away team, guess what we play them only once next year and I was expecting us to be the home team but no we are the away team again :mad:
But that does not favour the Skunks and we know how the AFL loves to look after the Skunks and the Moggies.

scats dude making the fixture now 🤣🤣🤣

no wonder we are going to sweet puff stadium and the scats have been gifted a dream draw with the most thurs/fri/sat night games in the first 15 games despite finishing 1 spot above us on percentage only

IMG_9019.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling it round zero is really dumb. What possible reason could there be not to just call it round one?
I agree, but the reality is even dumber than that. It’s actually not officially called “Round Zero”. It’s called “Opening Round”. That’s right, Opening Round.

I literally prefer the term “Round 0” over Opening Round. We now have Rounds 1 to 24 and “Opening Round” as the H&A season :rolleyesv1:

“Who won in the Opening Round?”, “You mean Round 1?”, “No, the other Opening Round”. Unbelievable.

The biggest loser​

It appears the AFL don’t expect Richmond to contend; the club has no Friday night matches and only one Thursday night clash, other than their round one game against Carlton.

The Tigers play at Norwood Oval in Gather Round and have to venture to GMHBA Stadium to play Geelong. They have also been handed an away game against Collingwood at the MCG and play at Marvel Stadium in rounds 21 and 22. They play outside Victoria seven times.

* me dead still 112 days until first game

season needs to be longer
Angry Work GIF
Sad The Lord Of The Rings GIF

The biggest loser​

It appears the AFL don’t expect Richmond to contend; the club has no Friday night matches and only one Thursday night clash, other than their round one game against Carlton.

The Tigers play at Norwood Oval in Gather Round and have to venture to GMHBA Stadium to play Geelong. They have also been handed an away game against Collingwood at the MCG and play at Marvel Stadium in rounds 21 and 22. They play outside Victoria seven times.
Stkilda game should be at the MCG as our home game.

It's my opinion that there's a 10-15 year lag between your club being successful and the AFL becoming populated with players from that successful era.

Cats, let's face it they were an embarrassment for about 50 years but win three flags and the AFL becomes inundated with those muppets. Same thing goes for the Bombres, win a flag in 2000 yet they still couldn't flush that flaming turd that was Hird when he cheated.

So I kinda think we will get our revenge in about 10 years and the rest of the comp can eat a s**t sandwich. Until then, we have to wait :)

It's my opinion that there's a 10-15 year lag between your club being successful and the AFL becoming populated with players from that successful era.

Cats, let's face it they were an embarrassment for about 50 years but win three flags and the AFL becomes inundated with those muppets. Same thing goes for the Bombres, win a flag in 2000 yet they still couldn't flush that flaming turd that was Hird when he cheated.

So I kinda think we will get our revenge in about 10 years and the rest of the comp can eat a s**t sandwich. Until then, we have to wait :)
there is nobody that is from Richmond that would get a job at afl house if benny gale couldnt

Don’t rock up though. Had some poor crowds this year, Cotch 300th was like 60k wasn’t it?
lol we still got over 1.1 million while finishing 14th

out of the other 3 only pies could do that. bummers and blooze aren't capable of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back