• Worrell

Bad ;
First 3 quarters

Ugly
  • Soligo as sub
  • Murphy …. he brings nothing
  • Brodie Smith… mate it’s time

Really ugly;
- Burgess … I thought I was in a time warp to 2002 and Adam Richardson was at FF.

Good :
-Crouch
  • Soligo when he finally came on
  • Rankine , him in the centre looked great
  • Witt’s’ falcon
  • Rachele’s last half
  • Pedlar in bursts
  • Worrell

Bad ;
First 3 quarters

Ugly
  • Soligo as sub
  • Murphy …. he brings nothing
  • Brodie Smith… mate it’s time

Really ugly;
- Burgess … I thought I was in a time warp to 2002 and Adam Richardson was at FF.
"Witt's falcon". Kudos! :tearsofjoy:

So you’re prepared to blame Borlase and not put any onus on Smith
Its what the club apologists in here always do..

Blame the kids..

If they dont.. then they have to bitterly admit the real issue.. that its the experienced guys like smith, laird and murphy that are the problem..

But that would mean criticising their hero’s…

And… Thats a no no.

We lost that game last night by 1 goal. Badly let down by our supposed leaders.

This has nothing to do with lads like borlase.

"Single biggest reason we lost the game", what a load of rubbish. There's no way to know that.
It’s a huge advantage having already played a game. Moreso than the home ground advantage. There is no way of replicating a proper game in training or trials.

Its what the club apologists in here always do..

Blame the kids..

If they dont.. then they have to bitterly admit the real issue.. that its the experienced guys like smith, laird and murphy that are the problem..

But that would mean criticising their hero’s…

And… Thats a no no.

We lost that game last night by 1 goal. Badly let down by our supposed leaders.

This has nothing to do with lads like borlase.
Thought is was a poor finger point

We’re in the 8 and Port a second bottom it’s Sunday has started well
Yeah, but imagine being handed the wooden spooners, at home, first up, followed by three bottom 4-6 aspirants in the next 4 games. Strooooth, anyone would think Port missed playing finals last year because of a wrong goal umpiring decision.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then he comes on despite his fitness. It's a pretty rare occurrence.

I would imagine they thought the best thing was a half + of AFL football then some extra work after the game would be better than a game in the magoos.

Because Nicks is an idiot.

Pretty obvious here. Burgess would have had a plan of how much work he wanted him to get Saturday night depending on how much game time he got.
So we took in an underdone player who we didn’t think could run out a full game in the wet and humid conditions of the Gold Coast.

Not only that, we were then effectively hamstrung in bringing on a running player to replace one of the talls in those conditions.

Yeah no problem with the sub selection.

Ok but after all that, we still left him off long enough that he had to do more post game.
We could have started him and subbed him off if he was gassed later in the game. There is always the possibility he runs the game out just fine and they were worried about nothing.

We also could have subbed him on earlier.

It was a complete heck up and Nicks shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt when he's made these kind of mistakes before.

Good : Max (forget this kid is a 2nd year player)
Soligo, his ability to break through front of stoppage was so good to see in that 2nd half

Bad: Skip, just couldn't handle the ball well all night (wasn't the only one)

Ugly: Smith, Murph, Sholl (earnt his spot based on a hot, dry hard working pre season but we've already seen what he brings and he's just not Afl standard)

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could have started him and subbed him off if he was gassed later in the game. There is always the possibility he runs the game out just fine and they were worried about nothing.

We also could have subbed him on earlier.

It was a complete * up and Nicks shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt when he's made these kind of mistakes before.
Start with your best side

So we took in an underdone player who we didn’t think could run out a full game in the wet and humid conditions of the Gold Coast.

We brought in a player we thought could give us a great half of footy as the sub, but whose performance would drop off if he was forced to play a full game in those conditions and furthermore playing a full game would hinder his recovery to play Geelong in 6 days.
Not only that, we were then effectively hamstrung in bringing on a running player to replace one of the talls in those conditions.

Yeah no problem with the sub selection.

I think if both coaches had time over - they would have both gone in much smaller.

More humble pie coming
re: Jones? Don’t be ridiculous. The lad doesn’t have it. Great endeavour. But he ain’t proving me wrong. He plays in a very important position that should drive our ball movement. He goes missing for huge chunks and is far from damaging. Will happily eat that pie though. Because we need a quality winger.

They did. Kinda.

Channel 7 showed the Crows training with sprinklers on and balls that had been sitting in tubs of water.
At the time I thought "OK, well, that shows some smarts and planning".
In hindsight, what was not simulated at the time was the pressure they'd be under from opponents in those conditions,
BUt
when the Suns brought that pressure on match day, the pretty football that the Crows had played during training (under no pressure) fell apart.
Wet-weather footy is drilled into players from an early age, but not into the Crows, apparently:
--- create and expect chaos-ball.
--- keep the ball low, soccer it on, knock it on or out to a teammate, move the ball forward at all costs.
--- if the ball is coming in high, bring it to ground.
--- have someone behind the pack for a slippery ball scooting through off hands.
For most of the game GCS did just that; it was very Richmond/Hardwick-like, especially their ability to "accidentally" fumble :rolleyes: the ball over the line in those last crazy few minutes.
We might have trained under those conditions but did we follow up and not select those who struggled to handle the wet footballs at training?

re: Jones? Don’t be ridiculous. The lad doesn’t have it. Great endeavour. But he ain’t proving me wrong. He plays in a very important position that should drive our ball movement. He goes missing for huge chunks and is far from damaging. Will happily eat that pie though. Because we need a quality winger.
Blind hate will consume you, you obviously didn’t watch last season prior to his injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back