Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at so many going at De Goey

Has no one noticed he’s been tagged in all 3 games?

Dude has had someone hanging off him constantly for 3 weeks. That Prelim woke the entire competition up and made them realise who it is you need to shut down.

Freekick count of 30 - 16 doesn't help either
Meh. Never a fan of the actual
Count.
Where and when they are paid is what is important.
A free kick in the back pocket isn’t worth as much as one in front of goal.

We were undisciplined.
Were any of the 30 not there?
Can’t control the 16….but can control some of the 30.

Maybe focus on that. Umpires have impossible job. Rules are rubbish.
So don’t give them the chance to make the call….

Surprised at so many going at De Goey

Has no one noticed he’s been tagged in all 3 games?

Dude has had someone hanging off him constantly for 3 weeks. That Prelim woke the entire competition up and made them realise who it is you need to shut down.
Why don't Fly move him to full forward?

Why don't Fly move him to full forward?

He did. They held him and he wasn’t getting frees

As terrible as we played, the umpiring was arguably the worst that’s been seen in a game in decades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skill errors mostly from senior players ( including giving away too many frees) again the factor. I’m not throwing the baby out with the bath water yet.

But they need to play macrae in the starting 22. Absolute madness at the selection table. Markov can go out for noble. Mitchell can go out for WHE.

Which ones has he succeeded with? I’ll let you go as far back as 2010.

Kennedy, Broomhead fmd
Yep - go back 10+ years of Hiney's drafting ..below average / poor, especially if you're looking at talls / KPPs

or go through the '23 premiership team & work out how many of Hiney's draft 'hits' were running around
  • exclude Father Sons (Moore, N.Daicos, J.Daicos) & NGAs (IQ); we were never not going to pick up those father sons and IQ happened to be an athletic freak
  • exclude low hanging 1st round draft picks < or = pick #10 (Pendles #5, JDG #5, Sidey #10); sure Hiney gets credit here but if you're not nailing top 10 picks then pick another profession
  • exclude the 8 (one-third of the team) TRADED in (Crisp, Lippa, Cameron, Howe, Frampton, Hill, WHE, Mitchell). Hiney was also driving or part responsible for trading these guys in but I'm looking at his ability to identify young talent available at the national draft.
and you're left with Hiney's DRAFTING efforts:
  • 4 in national draft: Murphy, Maynard, Elliot, McReery; and
  • 4 in bargain basement drafts: Miho (rooks), Cox (CatB), Ginni (rooks), Markov (SSP)
at the time, the next 3 in line but injured were McStay (trade), Adams (trade) and Noble (Mid-season)

Hiney's had his time ..20+ yrs in the gig.

Skill errors mostly from senior players ( including giving away too many frees) again the factor. I’m not throwing the baby out with the bath water yet.

But they need to play macrae in the starting 22. Absolute madness at the selection table. Markov can go out for noble. Mitchell can go out for WHE.

Why are so many giving Sidebottom a pass?

What brand of goggles are you all wearing?

One more week

There were signs tonight imo that we're getting closer

The sight of Brisbane may fire our boys up and then we're 1-3 with Hawthorn on the menu, season alive

But if we lose next week may as well bottle it and rebuild, play the kids

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate

They are cooked

Sometimes stuff just go your way. It Happens.

The last two years, we’ve had a heap go our way. Teams falling over time and time again.

But this year, little stuff isnt falling our way and it makes a difference.

Sidey making good position to spoil and hits it straight to Higgins.
Handball into mores head…they take it for a goal. Crisp handball to Pendles who wasn’t expecting it….everything we did was nearly….
More making a great chase and resultant skewed kick lands within the 1M it can that they take a mark.

Stuff like that you can’t control. But none of them were bad plays. So far, looks like a frustrating year of “nearly”.

Yes these things are easily fixed. But they weren’t fixed from last week.

I rather we don’t play cox as a forward, he’s serviceable as a ruck but as a forward he’s ineffectual. Can’t think of one aerial contest he impacted I50, but his opponent sags off him and kills every high ball. Not sure what other options are available, we’re not blessed with talls, but it’s time to start thinking outside the box.

I rather we don’t play cox as a forward, he’s serviceable as a ruck but as a forward he’s ineffectual. Can’t think of one aerial contest he impacted I50, but his opponent sags off him and kills every high ball. Not sure what other options are available, we’re not blessed with talls, but it’s time to start thinking outside the box.

We have smalls who can create goals at the fall of the ball and largely they did that tonight. In the absence of mcstay and with Kreuger also injured, what else do you recommend? Cox is not our problem.

Reef showed that Ash playing the first two games of the season was a joke. That was one positive and I thought Frampton also played well. And the Schultz smother were the positives.

Kudos to Darcy Cameron. I have been harsh on him at times but he can hold his head up high.

Negatives -

It took way too long (again) to make the sub.

Markov - loved you last season but it's time to go back to the VFL and earn your spot. Was ghost like.

Macrae had to start tonight.

Mitchell was very fumbly. I would have had Mitchell as the sub and let Macrae start.

Ditto Sidebottom. But ****, how can I be mad at the guy that nailed a premiership winning goal less than 5 games ago. Up to the other players to lift their games.

Hill - Cameo late but what about the other 3 quarters?

McCreery at the end did a great passage of play. But ffs we need more of that over the first three quarters.

I thought the umpiring was atrocious. Sure, pull out your technical free kicks etc but at least be consistent with decision making.

Our third quarters aka the Premiership quarter have been horrid. We have been in each game at half time.

Opening round - 4 goals to 3 points
Round 1 - 5 goals 2 to 1 goal 3
Round 2 - 5 goals 5 to 1 goal 1

Dunno what shit is happening at the break but it needs to change.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Closest thing that makes sense. Was a very interesting animated moment at the end of his presser that had me and 2 others watching confused
Sid you watch the game? Or any of the other 2?

We are one and done in the contest…Hollywood rubbish at its best.
Running past the ball.
Sucked into the contest. Broken tackles.

End of last season form (pre finals) looks more realistic than the 3 games in September….

We are all happy to have won the flag. It was amazing and we will never forget it.

Tonight really sucked.

We were pathetic and it needs to change. Starting next week.

Yes these things are easily fixed. But they weren’t fixed from last week.
lol. They’re actually not easily fixed.
There was nothing to fix.

I was pointing out plays that were pure luck. Not fixable. Either goes your way or it doesn’t.
Last year it went our way more often than not, this year it’s not so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back