Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

So significant reliance on Hawkins aaaaaand….. the guy we acquired through drafting Tim Kelly as a mature ager at #24 and turning that selection into Jeremy Cameron.

Remember, you are trying to argue that we keep screwing up when it comes to picking players
when did I say thay you keep screwing up picks? I'm saying you're recruiting team isn't special. you've pick bad players and good players just like every other club.

when did I say thay you keep screwing up picks? I'm saying you're recruiting team isn't special. you've pick bad players and good players just like every other club.

The phrase ‘covered up a lot of your poor drafting’ can only be interpreted one way I would have thought.

It seems to be the case that our players aren’t that good, our coaches aren’t that good, our recruitment isn’t that good, we aren’t that good away from home even though we have been the best travelling team in the comp for two decades, our drafting isn’t that good.

Yet we have won more matches, premierships, finals than anyone else this century as far as I know and made a dozen preliminary finals in the last 18 seasons or something so what is it that we DO get right?

I don’t really give a sh*t if oppo fans don’t verbally fellate us at every opportunity it would be odd if they did but it seems bizarre how much effort goes into trying to point out how many things Geelong are bad at, for a club and team that has been basically faultless for nearly 20 years

haha good call. Clark should be playing every game this year. It's not like there's any depth in their midfield. Same with Bruhn.
Our midfield depth is:

Dangerfield
Guthrie
Blicavs
Holmes (hybrid mid/half back now)
Bruhn
Atkins
Bowes
Parfitt
Clark

Just because the first two are missing and Bowes is only just returning, doesn't mean at full health that we don't have plenty of options. Every player on this list has had multiple games as a permanent midfielder over the past year, minus Guthrie who has been injured. We throw O'Connor into the mix too.

Our midfield depth is:

Dangerfield
Guthrie
Blicavs
Holmes (hybrid mid/half back now)
Bruhn
Atkins
Bowes
Parfitt
Clark

Just because the first two are missing and Bowes is only just returning, doesn't mean at full health that we don't have plenty of options. Every player on this list has had multiple games as a permanent midfielder over the past year, minus Guthrie who has been injured. We throw O'Connor into the mix too.
We all know what's happening here.

A certain someone hates Geelong because after decades of his side being the joke of the league, tanking, creating a graveyard of promising careers, and priority picks...they couldn't even match the 'era' of the 2020-2022 Cats.

FWIW, that's a side that Cats supporters had spent the best part of 10 years lamenting as mentally weak losers who will never claim the ultimate prize.

It's gotta sting a bit when your greatest moment since before the Vietnam war can't even match up with our transitioning phase, so you can understand his disappointment.

The phrase ‘covered up a lot of your poor drafting’ can only be interpreted one way I would have thought.

It seems to be the case that our players aren’t that good, our coaches aren’t that good, our recruitment isn’t that good, we aren’t that good away from home even though we have been the best travelling team in the comp for two decades, our drafting isn’t that good.

Yet we have won more matches, premierships, finals than anyone else this century as far as I know and made a dozen preliminary finals in the last 18 seasons or something so what is it that we DO get right?

I don’t really give a sh*t if oppo fans don’t verbally fellate us at every opportunity it would be odd if they did but it seems bizarre how much effort goes into trying to point out how many things Geelong are bad at, for a club and team that has been basically faultless for nearly 20 years
Tall poppy etc I guess

adelaide-crows.gif
yep argue with the crows... 1st thing you do, bring up that stupid power stance lol

I don't know if any moderators know this is happening but I'm using Tapatalk app for bigfooty. The photo for this thread is someone's gentiles. Had to go into settings and turn off thread image preview on Tapatalk.

There are some sickos on here. Who the hell monitors the images on big footy or Tapatalk. Whoever put that image up, take it down now. F***ing Disgusting.

Last edited:
I don't know if any moderators know this is happening but I'm using Tapatalk app for bigfooty. The photo for this thread is someone's gentiles. Had to go into settings and turn off thread image preview on Tapatalk.

There are some sickos on here. Who the hell monitors the images on big footy or Tapatalk. Whoever put that image up, take it down now. F***ing Disgusting.
Some Richmond bloke last night went into every Geelong related thread and even the Geelong board itself posting his pecker. Different sort those fellas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some Richmond bloke last night went into every Geelong related thread and even the Geelong board itself posting his pecker. Different sort those fellas.
Probably the same bloke that started a thread on the Richmond page about how the AFL fixture was a conspiracy to hold Richmond down and that it was somehow a ploy by a Canadian based Geelong fan who created the fixture format to bring down Richmond from the inside.

Seems totally on brand at this point. Feel sorry for the normal Tiggies fans isolated amongst a bunch of cookers.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

It might just be showing the last posted image in the thread which happened to be that plonker. I'll post an image of yet another poorly developed player from Geelong lining up for his 250th and see if that refreshes it or something.

GKNgAx4aQAANXDr
Some pleb steeplechaser, imagine letting him beat you at footy and taking your All Australian spot. :smirk:

Probably the same bloke that started a thread on the Richmond page about how the AFL fixture was a conspiracy to hold Richmond down and that it was somehow a ploy by a Canadian based Geelong fan who created the fixture format to bring down Richmond from the inside.

Seems totally on brand at this point. Feel sorry for the normal Tiggies fans isolated amongst a bunch of cookers.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
Infiltrating AFL house was one thing but we've taken over Canada now too? How deep does the Geelong mafia run?

Infiltrating AFL house was one thing but we've taken over Canada now too? How deep does the Geelong mafia run?

I believe it's because of this?

That's right Tiggies fans, we run the AFL at every level even on an international level.
And there's nothing you can do about it

Canadian Cats mafia!

Last edited:
be quiet. I didn't start this thread.

You want people to just say thay they rate Geelongs youngsters? 🙄

Hell even your own supporters understand:

Not exactly an accurate claim is it.

Pretty sure Ollie Henry is a walk up start to an under 23’s team or at the very least he’s basically flipping a coin with Jye Amiss for a spot as they have identical scoring stats for the past season and into this one (25 games for 48 goals), their assists are the same as well, but Henry gets a fair bit more of the ball. So immediately off the top of my head even if Sam De Koning for some reason WASNT one of the key defenders and Max Holmes WASNT somewhere in the squad, Henry is in the forward line despite what one Geelong fan seems to think

I've heard Uncle Steve is in cahoots with Murdoch to sway this year's election.

It's amazing the power Hocking has. He knocked over Kanye, Andrew Tate, & Peterson through his Illuminati connections all while building the Cats next premiership list!?! He's an incredible multi-tasker.

Also read that Laura Kane is actually an AI controlled by Matthew Stokes & Simon Hogan behind the scenes, while Bartel only got sent up to GWS so he can rig another Geelong vs NSW side Grand Final.

It seemed to work pretty well with Harley last time, why not try it again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back