List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest changes need to be a new recruitment team as we need a change in direction.

We need to get very aggressive as need to turnover many players.

But it's all rather academic if we don't change the coaching box too.

Laird needs to be on the trade block. He’s got 0 hurt or x-factor and everything time he gets the ball it disrupts our ball movement.

Seems to be sulking or ridiculously out of form. In 2020 he got re-deployed to midfield because he was droppable as a half back. He’s back in the same situation, except I doubt moving out of the midfield will rekindle his hunger and enthusiasm.

Honestly, if we DO want to improve - $1m for Tim English.

THERE'S your ruckman who actually can grab a mark and act as a midfielder.

He has some issues as a player, but we're immediately improved by adding him. Maybe we even get a 2nd round pick from Geeloing for O'Brien - he IS leading the league in hitouts after all. Maybe he'd be okay in a better side?

You don’t rate hitouts won stats now?

Yep, and even if we take some players we won't pick them because they'll need multiple preseasons to build up their tank

And learn the running patterns. Or shape positions. Or how to be critical whilst not actually getting and using the pill. You don’t just become a Murphy or McHenry overnight, you need multiple preseasons and years of dedicated coaching from the bestest in the business. Godden.

So you would be spending a million a year on a long contract for English rather than trying to convince mcluggage for example to come for maybe close to that? Don't you think a top A grade mid on big money is more of a pressing need for our side?

There’s no reason we can’t do both. Swap out ROB for English at an extra $300k/year AND chase an elite mid. Surely we’re better than the Noble ‘needed to move onto other deals’ days.

There’s no reason we can’t do both. Swap out ROB for English at an extra $300k/year AND chase an elite mid. Surely we’re better than the Noble ‘needed to move onto other deals’ days.
Or even better, swap out ROB for a barnett / verrall type, save a heap of cap space, then go after 2 players in a real position of need..the midfield

Silvers on AA this morning stated that Curtin was a key defender. So we spend another high pick on a key defender rather than addressing our midfield.
So he hasn't worked out Godden has nfi...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good ruck can absolutely change a side, Max Gawn, Nic Nat, Dean Cox, Sean Rehn, Adam Goodes, Bras Ottens, Brendon Lade, Jim Stynes, Paul Salmon.

This idea a ruck is unimportant is ridiculous. A skilled big man who can take strong contested marks is a huge addition to a team.

Jack Silvagni.

Silvers on AA this morning stated that Curtin was a key defender. So we spend another high pick on a key defender rather than addressing our midfield.

Silvers should stick to what he is paid to do.

Last edited:
Silvers should stick what he is paid to do.
Get the best people in the key roles.

I would say only 1 AFC employee can make claim to being near the best in their field.

Godden will coach the passion right out of him i bet.
I'm trying to remember our successful u/18 state coach from years ago.

We should get a coach who is good at getting the best out of young talent not someone who coaches it out of them.

I'm trying to remember our successful u/18 state coach from years ago.

We should get a coach who is good at getting the best out of young talent not someone who coaches it out of them.
Darren Trevena? Brenton Phillips?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back