Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Same here. I thought he was very good against Carlton. He does have a tendency to drop his head into dangerous places when approaching the ball - hence his concussions, but he does have some pace, and reasonably good judgement and just gives us some quicker options off half back especially where opposition forwards are smaller. Borlase is fine against the larger, slower forwards, but Collingwood have few options in that area this week.
I don't think it's hate as much as a philosophical disagreement with his selection

Are we going to continue playing Will and offering a contract or is he now surplus to requirements and we could invest time into another player

Im Out GIF

One for Drugs Are Bad Mackay? and Slippery Pete

1715903933358.gif

THEY'RE BACK TOGETHER BABY!

Do we have the most dangerous small forward duo in the league?

heck
Imagine being in the Collingwood meeting when they're analysing the opposition for tactics and they get to McHenry and Murphy. My old coach used to always tell me to never underestimate any opposition, but **** me, surely a slight chuckle must go around the room.

Combine Jones skill, with Murphys footy IQ, and Ned’s hustle…. I’d still delist.
There’s not too many things that rile me up more than people talking about Chayce Jones and his supposed skill level… I understand that he barely touches it so it is hard to remember any specific disposals he actually does have, but neither watching the games live or looking at stats suggests to me that he is a skillful player.

Look back across his career and he is rated as having average to below average disposal efficiency and kicking efficiency. He is also rated as being average to below average in score launches, score involvements and assists. He’s kicked 19.21 across his entire 85 game career so it’s not like he’s a deadeye in front of goal either, and I can’t actually recall him kicking on his left all that often either… he is a bog average or worse in most aspects of the game.

Yes. He tries hard and cracks in fearlessly… and that’s about it. Again, I’d love for him and Murphy and McHenry and any other number of underperforming young(ish) players to turn it all around and become very good players, but it’s looking increasingly unlikely with every week that passes.

There’s not too many things that rile me up more than people talking about Chayce Jones and his supposed skill level… I understand that he barely touches it so it is hard to remember any specific disposals he actually does have, but neither watching the games live or looking at stats suggests to me that he is a skillful player.

Look back across his career and he is rated as having average to below average disposal efficiency and kicking efficiency. He is also rated as being average to below average in score launches, score involvements and assists. He’s kicked 19.21 across his entire 85 game career so it’s not like he’s a deadeye in front of goal either, and I can’t actually recall him kicking on his left all that often either… he is a bog average or worse in most aspects of the game.

Yes. He tries hard and cracks in fearlessly… and that’s about it. Again, I’d love for him and Murphy and McHenry and any other number of underperforming young(ish) players to turn it all around and become very good players, but it’s looking increasingly unlikely with every week that passes.
They are all role players at best and at most I’m fine with one or two in the side, but not 3!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's hate as much as a philosophical disagreement with his selection

Are we going to continue playing Will and offering a contract or is he now surplus to requirements and we could invest time into another player
Fair point. Just in the games I've seen, he appears to have more upside than the likes of McHenry and Murphy and even Jones. He doesn't get a lot of the ball, but that could be his position or role affecting that. I'd prefer to see him up on the wing more, but he wasn't horrible defensively against the Blues the other week. Smith is another who shouldn't be getting selected ahead of Hamill and others in the twos such as Dowling / Ryan & co.

I agree would be very disappointing if he played full back in SANFL this week

I doubt he will, last SANFL game he played an attacking role. I expect him to be in that role

But the rest of this - he should walk out on the club.
Come on - he is brand new and has struggled, the club is trying to win to keep its season alive and while I agree with Worrell going out it opens up a spot - the Collingwood forward line are small and we have actually selected match ups which is amazing in itself and hasn’t really been positively commented on

I would have been a little disappointed if Borlase came in for him but given we have matched smalls it’s pretty reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s struggled as a key defender, when played further up the ground he was near enough to BOG. But we’ll persist with spuds like Murph/Ned and the out of form Jones and cooked Smith. None of which have a hope in hell of delivering a meaningful performance in a final.

When I watched the Brisbane game a 2nd time I did appreciate that McHenry and Brodie actually played decent games. Didn't star by any measure, but thought they played their roles and easily their best games of the season. Given that, there was just no need to bring in an out of form Murphy, McHenry is playing that role fine and we don't need two of them! Schoenberg should have been such an easy inclusion here.

I also don't understand what you gain from playing Hamill at this point, Oscar Ryan is clearly the long term future in this role and has been in far better form at SANFL level.

The bar is supremely low if you consider Mcfumbles playing his role fine.

Agree on Hamill. He is on the delist pile but will end the season with a dozen games probably.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Yep, he is average by foot and lately, he has given up the notion of ever trying to hit a drop punt and is hack kicking everything without looking.

It worked so well for Brodie Smith, Jones thought he would start doing it as well.

Sanders has been pretty poorly treated from afar.
Walter has been given a good go, is he not just rested (and in a game that’s slippery)
Sanders gets terrible treatment on here too...

We are going to absolutely destroy Collingwood with our shape keeping.. we've now got 2 of the best playing together.
Ah, that's why Nicks is always on the laptop during games! Looking at the over head camera thinking

"Would you look at the shape we're keeping! Fantastic work guys!.....what? We lost? But our shape was perfect..."

Yep, he is average by foot and lately, he has given up the notion of ever trying to hit a drop punt and is hack kicking everything without looking.

It worked so well for Brodie Smith, Jones thought he would start doing it as well.

Yep, feels like 3/4 of his disposals nowadays are just hack kicks from D50 that result in it going straight back to the opposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back