Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is where we need to pull a Bulldogs swifty

Trade our first rounder for the premiers first rounder + whatever balances that out

Here you go Melbourne... a first rounder as promised, Pick 18 which will be bumped out to 23 after Academy picks
Nobody really mentions his lisfranc which is what hobbled Sloane for a few years.

Now it may play out differently for taller non- midfield player

He'd say something about experience, leadership and that his form was improving prior to injury. He'd tie it to having a debutant too, that with a first gamer in Showdown heat, we needed the extra leadership.

It's these selections that tell me that Nicks will never win a flag. I'd honestly prefer to see what Lachy Murphy can do at half back ahead of Smith petering out as a pure liability.
I’m looking forward to Smiths couple of mandatory long bomb to the right kick outs to an outnumbered ROB which bounce straight back into our D50.

I’m looking forward to Smiths couple of mandatory long bomb to the right kick outs to an outnumbered ROB which bounce straight back into our D50.
Really hope we return him to a wing like when he played his best football last season.

I don't remember Jason Torney being particularly good for us but maybe I was salty about losing Kane Johnson
Greatest player who ever lived but no one noticed

So how do we see them lining up?

Reckon we can really stretch them up forward.

B: Michaelanny, Butts, Keane
F: Rioli, Dixon, Marshall

HB: Curtin, Worrell, Hinge
HF: Byrne-Jones, Finlayson, Mead

C: Sholl, Soligo, Jones
C: Boak, Wines, Bergman

HF: Rachele, Walker, Keays
HB: Houston, Zerk-Thatcher, Jones

F: Rankine, Himmelberg, Fogarty
B: Farrell, Ratugolea, Burton

R: O’Brien, Dawson, Laird
R: Sweet, Horne-Francis, Butters

I: Nankervis, Crouch, Smith (wing), Cook
I: Williams, Drew, Burgoyne, Georgiades

Sub: McHenry
Sub: McEntee
Swap Butts and Keane. Keane is a smarter footballer than Butts, and Marshall has way less forward craft than Dixon. I wouldn't mind Keays running defensively with JHF who seems to do his most damaging work running away from contests rather than directly fighting for the ball.

Lol, Port board melting over selection. McEntee appears to be their whipping boy.

One poster reckon we have gone too tall in defence as they are clueless that Michaelanny, Curtin & Worrell are all capable of playing on smaller types.

We should be able to control the airways both ends... particularly if Finlayson is not a late change for Rozee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Port board melting over selection. McEntee appears to be their whipping boy.

One poster reckon we have gone too tall in defence as they are clueless that Michaelanny, Curtin & Worrell are all capable of playing on smaller types.

We should be able to control the airways both ends... particularly if Finlayson is not a late change for Rozee.
I have to admit its very funny that Jed McEntee and Ned McHenry have almost the exact same name.

homer simpson GIF

Seems a solid set of three changes, and it looks like Cook will now get a few weeks to revive his career as a forward. Equally, i'm hopeful it's Smith who gets shuffled to wing as we've got a fair few in our side who play half back flank. I had a lot of time for his wing play last year.

McHenry also likely continues his tour as a professional sub.

Win, lose, who knows what will happen

But at least we haven't shot ourselves in the foot at selection and made winning nigh on impossible
I can almost guarantee whatever happens, Curtin will do something to show he belongs at the level. And we’ll all be saying too good for sanfl ya gronks.

So how do we see them lining up?

Reckon we can really stretch them up forward.

B: Michaelanny, Butts, Keane
F: Rioli, Dixon, Marshall

HB: Curtin, Worrell, Hinge
HF: Byrne-Jones, Finlayson, Mead

C: Sholl, Soligo, Jones
C: Boak, Wines, Bergman

HF: Rachele, Walker, Keays
HB: Houston, Zerk-Thatcher, Jones

F: Rankine, Himmelberg, Fogarty
B: Farrell, Ratugolea, Burton

R: O’Brien, Dawson, Laird
R: Sweet, Horne-Francis, Butters

I: Nankervis, Crouch, Smith (wing), Cook
I: Williams, Drew, Burgoyne, Georgiades

Sub: McHenry
Sub: McEntee
Burton has taken Tex in the past so I think he will again. BZT on Fog and Rat on Berg

You'd better think that through. That would make the defence way too tall, with nothing like a back pocket, the very definition of unbalanced.
Take the point on Murray. Smith and Keane same height - 194cm - so no difference there. I know what you are saying though (even though shortest guy in there atm is what, Hinge at 190 cm?)

When hearing the selection news, I had to wonder what block of games & back conditioning had warranted Smithers' immediate recall? Then realised that in a finals like game such as this, with an untried 18 year old in the ranks... you MUST have your Backline General rallying for when it starts to get hot in the kitchen. I think they'll all walk a little taller looking over to see that familiar hunch & the launch of a slap shot float 60 meters into the members stand.

To my eye, Michalanney gets Rioli BUT if JHF is moved forward, he should go straight to him and get another player to take Rioli.

I'd really love Curtin to play on a wing tbh as he can drift forward and kick a goal or 2 himself. Make tgem have to worry about a highly skilled agile near 200cm goal kicking wingman

To my eye, Michalanney gets Rioli BUT if JHF is moved forward, he should go straight to him and get another player to take Rioli.

I'd really love Curtin to play on a wing tbh as he can drift forward and kick a goal or 2 himself. Make tgem have to worry about a highly skilled agile near 200cm goal kicking wingman
Leave Max on Rioli.
Hinge can take JHF if he pushed forward.

Swap Butts and Keane. Keane is a smarter footballer than Butts, and Marshall has way less forward craft than Dixon. I wouldn't mind Keays running defensively with JHF who seems to do his most damaging work running away from contests rather than directly fighting for the ball.
I was shocked when Warren G and Timmy said this week, Marshall's forward craft was elite... it's just his confidence that is the problem

Back