Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That backline is looking pretty sexy tbh, get Murray in there and to me it's a backline that could be a top 4 contender.

I've just accepted the fact that the coaching staff have become fixated on having either Mchenry or Murphy in the team, even though it feels like I'm being penetrated by a shovel up my backside with 1 of them in - at least I will never experience two shovels at the same time.

Murphy not named with our current injury list is the first really promising sign from Nicks this year

I don't think they will ever have him and Ned in the same team, which I guess displays a slimmer of common sense. Even though it's idiotic enough having one in the team.

That backline is looking pretty sexy tbh, get Murray in there and to me it's a backline that could be a top 4 contender.

I've just accepted the fact that the coaching staff have become fixated on having either Mchenry or Murphy in the team, even though it feels like I'm being penetrated by a shovel up my backside with 1 of them in - at least I will never experience two shovels at the same time.
There is a world where this exists, and it may come sooner than you hope… double shovel…

IMG_0042.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy not named with our current injury list is the first really promising sign from Nicks this year
Can you imagine bringing him in though? It would have sent a horrendous message to the team. He was on the verge of being dropped and played an average game, despite Wright pumping him up.

But reckon he will be in after one more game and replaces McHenry.

Just thinking how much better that backline is going to look when you bring back Murray to the Keane position, Keane to Smith's role, and then Smith is left out all together....
Murray more likely to come in for Butts.

We have already promised Petty a spot

We have promised Melbourne a R1 pick

We dont do backsies

We are weak
This is where we need to pull a Bulldogs swifty

Trade our first rounder for the premiers first rounder + whatever balances that out

Here you go Melbourne... a first rounder as promised, Pick 18 which will be bumped out to 23 after Academy picks

If you asked nicks why he dropped hamill for smith he would not be able to give you a logical answer, untenable.

He'd say something about experience, leadership and that his form was improving prior to injury. He'd tie it to having a debutant too, that with a first gamer in Showdown heat, we needed the extra leadership.

It's these selections that tell me that Nicks will never win a flag. I'd honestly prefer to see what Lachy Murphy can do at half back ahead of Smith petering out as a pure liability.

So how do we see them lining up?

Reckon we can really stretch them up forward.

B: Michaelanny, Butts, Keane
F: Rioli, Dixon, Marshall

HB: Curtin, Worrell, Hinge
HF: Byrne-Jones, Finlayson, Mead

C: Sholl, Soligo, Jones
C: Boak, Wines, Bergman

HF: Rachele, Walker, Keays
HB: Houston, Zerk-Thatcher, Jones

F: Rankine, Himmelberg, Fogarty
B: Farrell, Ratugolea, Burton

R: O’Brien, Dawson, Laird
R: Sweet, Horne-Francis, Butters