Preview R10: Changes v Pies, 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't know what Nicks is trying to achieve with this team when he continually yo-yos the same group of guys in and out regardless of how badly they perform in their AFL games.

Youth have to have a huge patch of consistent form to get a call-up, but then that's hard to maintain when Nicks continually ignores bad form to keep guys in, or just doesn't care about form to bring others in.

I was legit going to go along on Saturday to the G and just sit in the outer and enjoy a cold pie and over priced beer to just actually watch a game live and see how we look.

Can't be bothered now and will just watch at home on Fox 4k and stay warm.

Cannot believe we are playing the MMs in the same team. Christ almighty.

**** I'm disappointed.

Sooo let me get this straight.

Brings Curtin in for 2.5 quarters against Port, Subs him out unnecessarily when we are winning. Then backs this up by playing Curtin for another 2 quarters then subs him out of the game. Then dumps in into the Sanfl system on a Bye Week.

I dont see another club treating players like this.

Last edited:
The only thing worse than our 2018 draft haul is our coach who refuses to get rid of them.

Official changes

In: Murphy, Hamill
Out: Worrell, Curtin
Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF

Disappointing to see Curtin out :( But ultimately it was inevitable from the moment they subbed him out at half time last weekend.

At least Nankervis is listed on the field this time. Put that experiment in the same failed basket as playing Soligo as the sub in round 1.

Cook retained which is good, I guess.

Murphy and McHenry, crikey. Dowling and Schoenberg didn't even make the emergencies.

So our tall backs consist solely of Butts and Keane (assuming Michalanney doesn't play tall)? Butts is only ever a hair away from another injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh p155 off. Whats murphy done to get back in. s**t look that
Writing was on the wall last week. All they could talk about after the SANFL game was how AFL quality Murphy was. Decision had already been made.

Ok Murphy was always coming in

But the reasoning behind Hamill is odd

From Adam Kelly

Head of Football Adam Kelly said Hamill had earned a return to the AFL side.

“‘Will has been rock solid across the opening Rounds of the season, which has included three games at AFL level,” Kelly said

“His diligence and commitment to his role and to doing what is in the best interests of the team continue to be a strength.”

If he was rock solid why did he get dropped?

diligence and commitment : wtaf

On the positive side Nank is named in the starting line up. Looks like they are going for run and pressure at the large expanses of the MCG.

Only to have McSpudley and Murphlol to completely butcher the ball, get in the way of Rankine and cause turnovers galore.

Can't wait!

Sando also had Bailey there helping him 2012

Lookin now at the 2012 squad he did have a lot of duds though.

Players in there prime say age 23-28 we had Henderson Jacobs Jenkins Mackay Martin Tippett Douglas Knights Tambling Van Berlo Vince Porps Symes Reilly Rutten and Dowdell (lots of duds there but we had Porps, Sauce Tippett Truck Vince all capable of A Grade matches.

Age 29-32 we had Stiffy Thommo Callinan and Doughty (Callinan had a good year with 37 goals and Thommo was coming closer to the End and Dogga was only ever a C Grader.

We had alot of young kid Stars there. Tex at 21 (63 goals) Danger at 21 Lynch was 21, Smith was 20. Brown was 19 Crouch Laird 18
Mate, Thommo won the B&F in 2012 and only retired (belatedly) in 2017. Harsh on Dogga. But you are right some real stars (our midfield and forward line), weaker backline with a few duds thrown in overall (Luke Thompson, Petrenko - Vader was right after all after being bagged for years on this lad)

There used to be a poster - genuinely can’t remember who - who used to crap on about Callinan like he was the second coming. Could never work it out. Lacked athleticism for a small forward (Rowe type) and was absolutely putrid in the 2012 Prelim when said poster stopped crapping on about him haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back