Review Round 6, 2024 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

+41 contested possessions to Collingwood.

De Goey 15 contested possessions vs Horne-Francis 13
Daicos 15 contested possessions vs Rozee 9
Mitchell 14 contested possessions vs Wines 11
Cameron 11 contested possessions vs Soldo 6
Cox 8 contested possessions vs Sweet 2
Sidebottom 7 contested possessions vs Butters 8
Pendlebury 5 contested possessions vs Drew 5

That's -21 contested possessions just in the midfield.

Uncontested possessions +22 to Collingwood.

Daicos 16 uncontested possessions to Butters 26
Sidebottom 14 uncontested possessions to Horne-Francis 10
Pendlebury 12 uncontested possessions to Drew 11
De Goey 11 uncontested possessions to Wines 11
Mitchell 8 uncontested possessions to Rozee 9
Cameron 6 uncontested possessions to Soldo 3
Cox 2 uncontested possessions to Sweet 3

+4 uncontested possessions.

In other words, we held Butters on the outside (hence the 26 uncontested possessions) and only got a +4 advantage for it while Daicos and Mitchell cleaned up Rozee and Wines on the inside and got the ball out to other players. Says a lot that Butters had 15 possessions to quarter time, then only had another 16 across the other 3 quarters when Collingwood were on top.

Contested marks +4 to Collingwood. 13 contested marks to Port Adelaide's 9...that's +4 on Collingwood's average of 9 per game. Mason Cox had 4 contested marks. Sweet had 0. Dixon is good for almost 3 contested marks a game.

Inside 50s - 66 to 47. Remember that we averaged 62 inside 50s coming into this game. Again, showing that Collingwood had a midfield dominance.

Playing Dixon, Finlayson and Boak over Sweet, McEntee and Mead might not have won the game, but it would have given us a better contest. That first quarter was the worst thing that could have happened to that team because it made it seem like they would do Collingwood easy when they were always going to come back over the top after having a rest. And it's not surprising that Rioli turns to s**t as soon as there isn't a foil to play off of.
Micro analysis doesn't work imo. The issue wasn't personnel. The issue was Collingwood were allowed to kick 8 goals straight without our coaches making any change to gameplan or the tempo.

Micro analysis doesn't work imo. The issue wasn't personnel. The issue was Collingwood were allowed to kick 8 goals straight without our coaches making any change to gameplan or the tempo.
Or the so called leaders on the field taking it into there owns hands.

*This isn't an excuse for the piss weak coaches either

A lot of the game is played in the head.
Ports are bipolar. All the highs & lows on display in one game. They need a whole group of shrinks to study them to work out what their mental defect is.
I believe champions are born. Jhf has it. He is a champ, hates to lose, super competitive, lifts in big moments on the big stage.
Some of the others are chokers. A bit of pressure & they go to water. They are just there for the party & good times & doing donuts in their modified commodores but have zero appetite for the tough stuff
The polarity comes from no sound structures or game plan. Football played on emotion is unsustainable, hence the highs and lows. In other words, it wins sh*t when it counts.

I watched the presser, Hinkley had no idea what happened. Babbled some incoherent nonsense then left. Did seem to understand how bad we were, not sure how long that will last.

He thought JHF was cramp, Bergman rolled an ankle, both should be ok. Jones may have pulled a hamstring.
Sorry did I hear Work Hardery?

Preaching to the converted here. But contracts mean nothing now. Hinks has his hooks into our Vic young guns and the club fears theyā€™ll go back home if Ken is sacked. Richardson said this privately to a group at the AGM.

Thatā€™s fine, means all these said players are part of the problem too. They can go with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Please go on

Pop Corn GIF by chescaleigh
There are just some places people must learn not to goā€¦ā€¦

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surpringly few happy clapping morons on Facebook. Maybe they're getting fed up too??

Who am I kidding, they were probably just at their kids games, giving out 40 odd participation awards.

Wazza is like a politician... Promise the world and delivers nothing now he has his job...

Cant believe so many fell for it.
Hinkley got his 2 year extension before Tredrea was even voted in. What's he going to do, pay him off with his own $?

Thatā€™s fine, means all these said players are part of the problem too. They can go with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
100%. Good clubs donā€™t allow themselves to be dictated to by players. Brisbane Lions going pretty well after people thought the ā€œgo home fiveā€ would end the club.

Hinkley got his 2 year extension before Tredrea was even voted in. What's he going to do, pay him off with his own $?
I get the sense he's biding his time, and censoring himself in the public domain until then. He went a bit too early out of the gates last year (only to be proven right come finals anyway), and there was egg on his face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back