Review Round 7 = Essendon 85-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost Clearances 40-23
Lost CCL 19-8
Lost Stoppages 21-15
It is hard when we are second to the ball. Both teams had multiple chances to win. Brodie twice and Billy. Glad Langfird choked. So many passengers. Concerned by the repeat offenders. Loved HH's quarter. Naicos brilliant. Pendles and Darcy M were huge when needed. Glad we didn't lose....

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No run out of the backline. Quaynor has been abysmal this year. Seems to be out of position, can’t stick a tackle, isn’t giving us anything from half back.

Age has caught up with Howe I’m afraid. Has lost some strength and is struggling to keep up.

McCreery needs to be a 15 possession player.

I thought Cameron was good again today.

I would have moved Hoskin-Elliot up to the wing and Sidey forward given neither were getting near it.

Harrison needs to be starting next week.

Got smashed in the clearances all day. Stringer was allowed to do what he pleased in the middle, poor coaching to allow that to happen. Elliot marks that ball we win, although Essendon should have taken the lead. But Checkers, 2 misses in the last were terrible, as well as the ones he missed early.
Draw not a terrible result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A loss would've been devastating after all that so I'll take a draw. Need to sort out our first quarter efforts, I know Fly's game plan involves conserving fuel for the last quarter but starting off 5+ goals behind is hard to claw back two weeks in a row.

Don't know what was happening with many of those centre clearances. We had talented players in there but looked like witches hats.

Parts of our DNA game are building and you can see we still believe in the process and the boss.

Giving away 6 goal head starts regularly at the moment is annoying.

Two different styles on show today with Essendon wanting to kick mark short and wide compared to our run and gun corridor.

Our clearance game is the area where this team can really obviously improve to elevate us back again.
The rest of our game held up ok today when you consider the smashing we had in clearances.
It was evident today that a few of our older guys looked real slow in chasing ground or loose ball.

In the end it was what both teams deserved.

Langford had a chance to win it
Mihocek two out on the fulls in last
Elliott missed the moment to kick for a result too after Langford miss

Harrison had an impact when he came in and was involved in the last so this is also a positive.

Bad summation
Where were our winners? Checkers maybe?

Merret, McGrath, Parish, Martin all killed it for them. Langford kicked 4 and choked on the winner.

We had and gave nothing.

The umps were poor all day but saved their worst for us.

They had us 6 goals to 1 and yet we were essentially level by HT.

After all this they still failed to get over us.

Pretty conclusive.

Only mentioned First Nations people on Anzac Day. What the “ Is wrong with you?
No, he didn’t. You’re just lying because you’re in the midst of a tantrum. God forbid anyone go out of their way for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people!

I'm not sure where Sidey is in his career. I know he wants to play on, but he looked a step behind the play today. He's been a champion, but he was very ordinary today, which is a concern...
Been floating around disinterested all season. Being dropped hasn't helped either. He's not tuned in and he's not the only one. He & Mitchell would be dropped if we had two more capable midfield players to come in but our depth is not great. And let's not pretend that Fin MaCrae is an answer either. Something need to change up with our midfield mix but it might be next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back