Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the team was good, even our weaker players had some good moments.

Defence was terrific, Worrell keeps building and is having an elite season, one of Soligo's best games, Fogarty and Walker were good.

On the downside, thought we really lacked fluency in the second half. But we still took our chances and overall dominated most of the game outside of late in the first term and early in the last.

Also... two tricky games coming up, but if we can split those and get to round 10 at 4-6, season is not quite done.

Good: Soligo, the entire defensive brigade, Fog.
Ugly: Still got a few guys in the side who seem to struggle with some basic football skills
Lucky: Port kicked 5.18. We never caught up on that 20-9 count from the 1st quarter, we just converted better at times. Forward half time was 57% to 43% their way, Port had all the opportunities in the world to put us out of it.

Unsighted the first half, came into it a bit in the second

Does he stay in, or do we reward Gollant’s five goals? I reckon keep EH
That's a tough call. I reckon you might be right.

Good: Soligo, the entire defensive brigade, Fog.
Ugly: Still got a few guys in the side who seem to struggle with some basic football skills
Lucky: Port kicked 5.18. We never caught up on that 20-9 count from the 1st quarter, we just converted better at times. Forward half time was 57% to 43% their way, Port has all the opportunities in the world to put us out of it.
Our infamous shitty kick-in didn't help. Honestly, who thought this is the best way to exit your defensive 50s don't know basic football.

Thanks to North Melbourne for playing us into some better form. Always great to beat the scum.

Only disgusting decisions were subbing Curtin and playing ned McHenry. Can not believe Nick's tarnished a players first game for an old cooked Smith and one touch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the team was good, even our weaker players had some good moments.

Defence was terrific, Worrell keeps building and is having an elite season, one of Soligo's best games, Fogarty and Walker were good.

On the downside, thought we really lacked fluency in the second half. But we still took our chances and overall dominated most of the game outside of late in the first term and early in the last.

Also... two tricky games coming up, but if we can split those and get to round 10 at 4-6, season is not quite done.
Nicks was so reluctant to bring Worrel in originally. Supporter pressure forced his selection. Now he's a star.

Lucky: Port kicked 5.18. We never caught up on that 20-9 count from the 1st quarter, we just converted better at times. Forward half time was 57% to 43% their way, Port had all the opportunities in the world to put us out of it.
We got away nicely and they adjusted their defensive spread and came back but as noted their failure to kick goals really hurt them

That was also due to OUR defensive pressure from our A Grade back 6

I think Nicks paniced taking Curtin off. I thought he was serviceablee
Curtin was good, but he's a first gamer coming off a 5 day break, I think he's a pretty good sub choice. Our worst players were probably Himmelberg, who had a perfectly fine last term, and McHenry, who is one of the fitter players on our list and would run out the game well. Curtin had three good quarters and did enough to keep his place, he'll be back against Brisbane.

Fog GIF

He’s back
Given one massive handout early by the handout club.

Who in their right mind at Port thought they’d play Lachie Jones on Fogarty to start the game?

Fog was more or less similar to previous weeks once Asava was moved on to him, couldn’t catch a cold again to start the last quarter.

Good:
  • The Sog! Jet
  • The Fog! We look so good when he's playing well!
  • Woz and Max, great stuff.
Meh:
  • Want more from my boy Cooky. Ok I guess in a role playing where the ball isn't.
  • Sholl was pretty reasonable actually. No awful moments.
  • What was the point of Smith as sub?
Ugly:
  • Agree subbing Curtin was shit. Why do that?
  • When captain fumbles (McHenry) didn't fumble he flubbed the possession.
  • Himmelberg has no strength. Knocked over,or at best innefective in every marking contest. Can't ruck, he's always behind the oppo ruck, monstered by Dixon.
  • Our plan for our forward movement relies on long bombs to a contest. Which... Port roved. When Port got their run on end Q1 and other times, it was because we did this and gave them back the ball 10x in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back