Preview Rd 5: Brisbane v Richmond, @ GABBA, 7.50 PM - Thursday 17/4/2014 - Vickery not on flight

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares how old we are, how many games we have played, the fact of the matter is Dimma said he'd never take shortcuts/quick fixes.

Someone explain to me what Petterd, Thomas, Hampson, Aaron Edwards etc are? When they were recruited the club said it was only to cover injuries (fair enough) but then Round 1 2013, Petterd is picked, replacing which injured player?????

Round 1 2014, Thomas is picked replacing Jackson...Jackson returns and Thomas stays in the team.

The club once again spun crap to justify their recruiting

Saw it on 'On The Couch' the other night. They put the stat up to show Kernahan that Carlton should be challenging etc and that they're going to be a long way off. We were right up there while teams like Hawks, Port were near the bottom.

It may have been games played, not age actually
I think that graphic was number players under 24 and we were 3rd with the least. Nothing to do with age or games played I think.

Who cares how old we are, how many games we have played, the fact of the matter is Dimma said he'd never take shortcuts/quick fixes.

Someone explain to me what Petterd, Thomas, Hampson, Aaron Edwards etc are? When they were recruited the club said it was only to cover injuries (fair enough) but then Round 1 2013, Petterd is picked, replacing which injured player?????

Round 1 2014, Thomas is picked replacing Jackson...Jackson returns and Thomas stays in the team.

The club once again spun crap to justify their recruiting

Can't argue with that.

No shortcuts was the selling point and guess what? Half our team is a shortcut. I could understand the coaching staff didn't think there was enough quality in the draft, and after seeing the players come through the last few years they may be right. I think overall we picked a bad time to rebuild and the harsh reality is we won't see a premiership in this current era because those are set for GC/GWS to collect. We'll have to just keep winning, make finals as often as possible and continue bringing in new talent eventually turning over our list and hoping we one day snag one premiership.

I'm looking forward to this game, hopefully we can break the shackles a little bit and really get our running game up and going again. We aren't going in as tall as what we have been which I think will help us greatly.
I'm still not happy with Grigg in the side, his game impact is non-existent. He has good stats, but he just doesn't do enough for me.

Vickery needed this reality check, his arrogance isn't justified at all. He actually looks like he thinks his **** doesn't stink. Well sorry to say Tyrone, but your football ability at present stinks.
Expecting a big game from Jack Riewoldt, will kick a bag.

The names on the back of the jumpers I think will look great, and I think its an excellent idea, from a merchandising perspective and it simply will just look a lot better and will help fans new to the game learn their future favourite players names.

I had a bad feeling about this game yesterday, but I am feeling a little bit better about it. However, considering Brisbane have yet to win a quarter this season, if that doesn't continue tomorrow night, then there is something wrong at Tigerland I'm sorry to say. Four quarter effort is needed, no mercy, just keep applying the pressure all game. It's what Geelong does, it's what Hawthorn does, that's where we need to be.

Tigers by 38

Last edited:
I'm happy purely because we have gone the 2 fwd strategy. This wll give us more run into and out of the fwd line and hopefully have more room. This means more room for both BG and JR to work into. Posters shouldn't worry about the juniors getting games, as they will get their chances soon. We have imo found potential weakness fixes this year in Astbury as FB and Lloyd as a small fwd goalkicker plus a potential true CHF in Griffiths. As bad as we have been going this year, it hasn't all been doom and gloom.

Not really. If I still cared I'd have rage quit and broken my computer over Petterd being picked and not be able to type this reply to you. :D
Just to help the In Out scenario, say this out loud a few times " Petterd was delisted by the Melbourne Demons for not being a good enough player."...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting a win, I'm not concerned about that. What i'm worried about is how we win. If we smash them we can give ourselves some small hope for the next two weeks. If we win ugly we'll be 2-5 and by that stage it will be too late to turn the season around. The boys need a bit of confidence and need to start showing a bit of 2013 form, what we've seen so far is just not good enough.

I still remain confident that we can play finals this year. The competition is evening, there will be a lot of 8 point games throughout the year. 8th spot may only need 11 or 12 wins. If we can win those 50-50 games (which we haven't so far) I can see us getting in. It's a big challenge for the club but this will show how much heart and pride is really in the Richmond Football Club.

Going to be watching this game from my room at the Seasons hotel opposite the Botanical gardens in Melbourne with my gorgeous girl. We are having a one night stay in luxury as a mini treat. She agreed to let me watch the game!! Go Tigerrrrrssss!!! We got this!!!

Going to be watching this game from my room at the Seasons hotel opposite the Botanical gardens in Melbourne with my gorgeous girl. We are having a one night stay in luxury as a mini treat. She agreed to let me watch the game!! Go Tigerrrrrssss!!! We got this!!!
Can you define this , pics would suffice .

Just to help the In Out scenario, say this out loud a few times " Petterd was delisted by the Melbourne Demons for not being a good enough player."...
Not actually true

At this stage I'd guess:
B: Grimes Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Morris Vlastuin
C: Conca Jackson Ellis
HF: Gordon Griffiths Martin
F: Lloyd Riewoldt Petterd
R: Hampson Thomas Cotchin
INT: Newman Grigg S.Edwards Arnot
EMG: Foley McDonough Lennon

Out: Vickery
In: Petterd

In my perfect world...

The players in bold wouldn't be getting a game.

The underlined players would be told to pull there finger out or they will face a big stint in the magooes.

Hopefully in 4 weeks, we look more like this;

In: Ivan , Vick , Deledio , Batchelor , Madonna/Lennon , Knights

Out: Hampson , Pettard , Grigg , Chaplin/Grimes , Newman , S.Edwards/Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back