Game Day Swans vs Dockers, SCG, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Swans. 4 b....... quarters of desperate footy....the only way we win games.

Good team effort and credit to composed debut from Lloyd. Onwards..

Did anyone see Kizza singing the song. His right forearm was resting on his ribs. he had heaps of padding & the expression on his face was full of pain.
The club really needs to take care of the boy in the coming weeks.

Yeah, along the boundary they were checking him out, couldn't lift his arms past the horizontal, so for him to even be out on the ground is courageous.

Rampe breaking tackles and hitting targets out of defence made the difference in the first half allowed us to move the ball quickly and hit forward targets! And freo are complaining about the umps? How about the 15 holding the balls the swans didn't get and then the one they did the boundary umpire yes I said it the boundary umpire overturned it.......

I find it absolutely staggerng that the freo fans could possibly point to the umps as the reason for their loss.

I mean, FFS, they won the free count 20-16, and after coming home from the game & watching the replay tonight confirmed what I saw at the ground - I have no doubt we were shafted on at least 7-8 separate occassions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it absolutely staggerng that the freo fans could possibly point to the umps as the reason for their loss.

I mean, FFS, they won the free count 20-16, and after coming home from the game & watching the replay tonight confirmed what I saw at the ground - I have no doubt we were shafted on at least 7-8 separate occassions.
They are in shock, didnt expect to lose. They're clinging to anything, and the free for Richards against Pav would have given them 4 goals in under 5 minutes (I think) and put them within 2 goals with all the momentum.

I think that free went the wrong way, but so did plenty of others both for and against tonight. While the umps were far from perfect throughout the game, I dont think they were the defining factor in the result. IMO we still would have won if Pav had received the free and kicked the goal. We were more hungry tonight and had more to prove.

Not sure who said it earlier, but it was probably our best win since the 2012 GF.

Unfortunately not....... But I'm hoping it's just precaution as he had the stuffing knocked out of him in the contest and took along time to get up before he walked off

He was never meant to come out after half time anyway in his first match.

upload_2014-4-19_22-39-55.png

McGlynn had an absolute blinder, probably the best performance of his career. 12 tackles!

JPK was awesome. Nuff said.

Good to see Hannebery lift.

Franklin finding his range and starting to flow with the team.

Shaw lifted considerably.

Amazed Jack scored so highly with his injury AND Crowley scragging him for most of the night.

Jetta building in confidence despite his errors.

Rampe also had the best performance of his career.

Richards was awesome in the first half.

Good to see form beginning to return to 4-5 leaders and a couple of others. It really does lift the team's confidence and help hold their structures together. Once confidence returns the team's intensity can be maintained for longer periods and they move into that 'relentless' mode that few teams can reach. We can also see the dragging effect an injured Jack, Titch and an out-of-form ROK has had on the team.

This week we got a sneak-peak of the 2012 team in a couple of passages. I have little doubt that form will continue to build, confidence will continue to grow, fluidity will return to their game, and we'll start seeing a lot more of that 2012 form.

....then we'll add Tippett, Goodes and Reid. heh heh :thumbsu:

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-19_22-37-31.png
    upload_2014-4-19_22-37-31.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Just got in after a massive boozer after the game! a win at home * YES! I barely ******* remember most of the game! it was sen*******sational!
* freo * the afl press and * every doubting mother*er at foresters hotel! *throws papers off desk* #noworksgettingdone!

the best bet is a certain mother*er for works for a certain club that refused to give us access to promotional tools now owes me $300 bucks! CONGRATS DICKHEAD YOU JUST PAID FOR MY MEMBERSHIP!

Pretty amazing pressure from Sydney all game long, kept waiting for it to drop off to see if we could counter but they never let up even once. Seriously impressive and hopefully this is a sign you aren't far off your best footy again, might catch you in September again (Y)

Classy. I think most of us here are pretty surprised by the win.

I had a good feeling going into the game (for some reason) but didn't really expect a win.

Melbourne this week then Brisbane.
Get Rhino in for him.
The Hawks after that.

I think ryan should get confidence in the ressies before being considered, but agree resting jack if sore, he was gutsy but we need him long term, not riding him into the ground

Sooking about umps aside (the past time of the pedant) that was our most important win since the 2012 GF. Not our best. But our mostoimportant. And there's no knock on Freo here. It's a compliment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back