Game Day Swans vs Dockers, SCG, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Pavlich took his eye of the ball and had a look for Richards. Lynch called it wrong. Call was correct. Had Pavlich kept his eye on the ball and held his ground without bending then yes free to Pav. As it played out correct call but will concede those can go either way. Check back though Pav looked at Richards coming in not the ball.
If you look at the replay it confirms this...it amazes me though how they can make a 50 50 call like that yet not call blatant frees for holds on players or holding the ball/ incorrect disposals....letting the game flow is disrespecting the game...rules are rules.....pay the bloody frees.

No, that was a rubbish decision. But, we had decisions go against us (especially with Buddy) too. The umpiring was a bit ordinary, not the worst, but not great either, and while I feel a bit aggrieved I can see why Freo fans do too. That's how it is when the umpiring isn't great, fans always remember the ones that cost their team and forget about the others.

I think to some extent if both teams feel a little hard done by then the umpiring was even, if not fair. Not ideal, but hardly worth discussing given the low umpiring standards in the first place.

Freo certainly didn't lose becasue of it, but fans are like this in every sport. We project all our anger and frustration on a third party and that way we don't have to worry over our teams own failings. We've all been there, done that.

That 50 against McGlynn was tough. The free kick was paid 10 meters to the left but the umpire just allowed the Freo player to change his line dramatically and continue to creep around. Mcglynn kept coming around to cover the natural arc and got pinged. He probably just crept over but had the umpire done his job in the first place calling the Freo player to play on then who knows what would have happened (Pav mark and goal probably ha ha)

To me it isn't what they pay it is what they don't.

Don't get technical if you are going to allow crap to flow willy nilly.

I couldn't argue with any of the frees. I can argue about why "X" was paid and "Y" not.

That is always the danger when you back off too much. Any free then becomes contentious. It is a fine line they walk in letting it flow or stopping the scragging.

I will say if Freo supporters are complaining just about that decision then they really are scratching looking for answers as to why their team has now had 2 deplorable games in 5, looks a shadow of last years team and has just been smacked by a side that had won 1 game all year, 3 from the last 11 and was totally out of form and missing 2 of its key forwards.

In other words they are in awful trouble and are deflecting like crazy to cover up their deficiencies. At least some on this board had the nuts to call it like it was. They best get to it.

Acceptance comes after denial. Better actually get to the denying a bit harder over in the west imo.

Pavlich took his eye of the ball and had a look for Richards. Lynch called it wrong. Call was correct. Had Pavlich kept his eye on the ball and held his ground without bending then yes free to Pav. As it played out correct call but will concede those can go either way. Check back though Pav looked at Richards coming in not the ball.
Correct good sir. As soon as he took his eyes off the ball it become a shepherd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic SR , I don't think LRT will go back ( 3rd tall ) this year a little to slow now I think

Agree he only could if ted or reg missed

I thought he was ok today though

But if we wanted to avoid rucking tippett he is gone

Umpiring was dreadful all day. In particular, I reckon the Pav penalty for tunneling was the worst of a bad bunch. Anyway, each to their own.

Congrats again on the win:thumbsu:

Cheers, mate. Don't listen to the people that can't handle someone else's opinion.

Good match and hopefully Swans meet Freo again in the finals. :thumbsu:

I was just confused reading the MB and the Freo board everyone going nuts at that decision i thought they were thinking of another incident :confused:

Unless i don't understand the interpretation?
Main board thread. Main contributors. One eyed Freo supporters incapable of making a balanced judgement. Hawthorn supporters with a severe case of separation anxiety and are taking it out on their loved one who left them for a better life. Essendon supporters desperate to incite hatred to eclipse that thrown at their tainted club.

How about you leave the moderating to those who have the role by either reporting the post or PM the other mod on this board. Other than that fair call
With all due respect buddy, if you're pulling me up on this, you're over-modding. The guy had the class/respect to congratulate us TWICE, and reminding someone of this should be seen as a good thing whether its on the street, in the office, at home, or on a message board. Its called integrity.

With all due respect buddy, if you're pulling me up on this, you're over-modding. The guy had the class/respect to congratulate us TWICE, and reminding someone of this should be seen as a good thing whether its on the street, in the office, at home, or on a message board. Its called integrity.

I'm agreeing with you, opposition fans have every right to post without being attacked but at the same time telling you the proper process to deal with posts you feel are over the top which you clearly pointed out

Enjoy the win noble fans. I am happier than a little creatures . brewery bar. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back