Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Frank makes a good point about Prior. On the other side of the coin, I hear that a few players actually told the club to hold off paying them until they (the club) could afford to. The difference in the quality of people really comes to light during tough times.

I saw a couple interesting tweets yesterday by a couple Ex North Albury players after Akers comments.
Pretty much implying the financial situation was not the reason everyone left, & it was because of the bloke in charge.

I saw a couple interesting tweets yesterday by a couple Ex North Albury players after Akers comments.
Pretty much implying the financial situation was not the reason everyone left, & it was because of the bloke in charge.
Prior & McDonald re-signed in September, so they obviously had no problem with Aker. The tweeter in question had a problem because Aker wanted him to train like he played, but he didn't want to do that.

NOP I agree with you as far as Akers comments in the paper(if he actually said those exact words) shouldve said that. but to say North Albury is lacking credibility is insulting.yes the club went broke, not the first time a club has gone broke, yes players got paid late (but at least they got paid in the end every last cent), yes they didn't clear contracted players,they had every right not to clear them and for some reason everybody outside the club thought that was shithouse. Is Adam Prior held accountable for walking out of he's junior club not once but twice and the latter all because he didn't get paid on time.if he gave a s**t about where he came from he would've wanted to help fix the club like everyone else thats left there. Go and ask the volunteers that spend more time around the place than the players and ask them what they think of this. They don't get paid to work there arse off for the joint so blokes can run around for two hours on a saty and earn massive coin. Its bloody greed. but unfortunately individuals that think about themselves don't care about anyone else. The Macdonald case well he actually busted he's gut for the that club.
The new committee from what have seen and what I've heard and speaking to some of of them are doing a fantastic job and working extremely bloody hard. The supporters a rallying around In a tough time. If u walked in that club you would see a lot of people working extremely hard to get the club that they love back on its feet. People like me that play a small part in that club get sick and tired off people saying it's a s**t club it lacks credibility it's not going anywhere. It hurts to to be honest. The wrong person was in charge. It's taken this too get them replaced but the clubs in good hands now
There I've said my bit.
NOP good luck with jindera and all the best for the year, you have recruited some great people out there.
Everyone enjoy the footy this weekend.
Corowa by 22 points
Hoppers by 7 points

Now there's some passion! Well said Frank. As far as credibility goes, it's not an issue, we all know that wherever Acker goes, what he does or says, he's going to create conversation (good/bad/or indefferent), that's Acker, I still think that when his time is up, he will have left the club with some good attributes.

At the end of the day, North Albury will still be standing long after Jason Akermanis has left town.

Now there's some passion! Well said Frank. As far as credibility goes, it's not an issue, we all know that wherever Acker goes, what he does or says, he's going to create conversation (good/bad/or indefferent), that's Acker, I still think that when his time is up, he will have left the club with some good attributes.

At the end of the day, North Albury will still be standing long after Jason Akermanis has left town.

That could only come from one north albury person," frank" well said mate, no hiding your passion and commitment to the hoppers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NOP I agree with you as far as Akers comments in the paper(if he actually said those exact words) shouldve said that. but to say North Albury is lacking credibility is insulting.yes the club went broke, not the first time a club has gone broke, yes players got paid late (but at least they got paid in the end every last cent), yes they didn't clear contracted players,they had every right not to clear them and for some reason everybody outside the club thought that was shithouse. Is Adam Prior held accountable for walking out of he's junior club not once but twice and the latter all because he didn't get paid on time.if he gave a s**t about where he came from he would've wanted to help fix the club like everyone else thats left there. Go and ask the volunteers that spend more time around the place than the players and ask them what they think of this. They don't get paid to work there arse off for the joint so blokes can run around for two hours on a saty and earn massive coin. Its bloody greed. but unfortunately individuals that think about themselves don't care about anyone else. The Macdonald case well he actually busted he's gut for the that club.
The new committee from what have seen and what I've heard and speaking to some of of them are doing a fantastic job and working extremely bloody hard. The supporters a rallying around In a tough time. If u walked in that club you would see a lot of people working extremely hard to get the club that they love back on its feet. People like me that play a small part in that club get sick and tired off people saying it's a s**t club it lacks credibility it's not going anywhere. It hurts to to be honest. The wrong person was in charge. It's taken this too get them replaced but the clubs in good hands now
There I've said my bit.
NOP good luck with jindera and all the best for the year, you have recruited some great people out there.
Corowa by 22 points
Hoppers by 7 points
Only one thing to say Frank:thumbsu::footy:

Well done to Nth Albury today. I thought they looked ok and might surprise a few. Aker gets a chance to mould a side the way he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done to Nth Albury today. I thought they looked ok and might surprise a few. Aker gets a chance to mould a side the way he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree Fruit they were really competitive and with a little luck could have won the game. The last 15 minutes of the 2nd quarter Rovers banged on 5 in a row and it looked like it might blow out but to Norths' credit they clawed their way back in the 2nd half. Very impressed with Luke and Kris Holman, Josh Minogue was a target up forward, George Goode,Maksymow and Calma-Holt all tried hard. The pressure and tackling were first class and Aka would have walked off the ground feeling positive. Rovers have picked up a couple of excellent keys in Archer and Boumann and Dornauf and Sheahan were dangerous all day. The Hawks will be pushing for finals and should make it thus making Norths' effort yesterday all the more important!!

There I've said my bit.
Corowa by 22 points
Hoppers by 7 points
Frank love your passion for your footy club there should be alot more like you but this is all i'm going to say on the matter.
CLUBS put an offer on the table to get the players they want,if the player accepts that offer and the clubs carn't deliver on that thats not the players problem that belongs to the committee running that club. Now to say the wrong person was in charge mite be true but you have to remember not one person has a say on the money players get that goes through the whole committee but because he is the head at the top the responsibility lies with him but when clubs have to pay payments under the table so to speak[and there would be alot of clubs doing it] that tell me one thing we carn't afford them.
Mate i wish you an your club all the best for the season.Hopefully there are no committee men on your committee this year that were there last season

Frank love your passion for your footy club there should be alot more like you but this is all i'm going to say on the matter.
CLUBS put an offer on the table to get the players they want,if the player accepts that offer and the clubs carn't deliver on that thats not the players problem that belongs to the committee running that club. Now to say the wrong person was in charge mite be true but you have to remember not one person has a say on the money players get that goes through the whole committee but because he is the head at the top the responsibility lies with him but when clubs have to pay payments under the table so to speak[and there would be alot of clubs doing it] that tell me one thing we carn't afford them.
Mate i wish you an your club all the best for the season.Hopefully there are no committee men on your committee this year that were there last season
Totally understand what your saying little joe. What that club lacked was communication and direction and Leadership of the field. I don't want to go into the nitty gritty of it all but it runs a lot deeper than than what appears on the surface. Blokes stayed because they believed in the people taking charge and believed in the club and that they would get things right. The last thing they thought about was money. I seen a 17yo kid in his first game kick 3 goals and could've easily been 4 or 5 on the best defender in the league. A junior of the club, wearing his old mans number. Made my day. That's what footy is about.

Totally understand what your saying little joe. What that club lacked was communication and direction and Leadership of the field. I don't want to go into the nitty gritty of it all but it runs a lot deeper than than what appears on the surface. Blokes stayed because they believed in the people taking charge and believed in the club and that they would get things right. The last thing they thought about was money. I seen a 17yo kid in his first game kick 3 goals and could've easily been 4 or 5 on the best defender in the league. A junior of the club, wearing his old mans number. Made my day. That's what footy is about.

Again, can't agree more, Frank, great to see these young kids take the game on, make a fair few mistakes at times (some critical), but say, stuff it and continue to take on the opposition, mark my words there is some serious talent among these kids, and for anyone that gets along to watch, there will be plenty of frustrating moments, but a bucket load of highlights also.

Now, one negative out of the weekend, went to buy a family membership saturday morning, after reading that it was $120, sounded like great value, got there only to discover that it was $150, no problems, happy to pay $150 for a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP, only to discover that a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP only constitutes 2 TICKETS, where in this vast land of ours does a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP only get you entry for 2 people??????? Lucky the beer was cold!!!!!!

Again, can't agree more, Frank, great to see these young kids take the game on, make a fair few mistakes at times (some critical), but say, stuff it and continue to take on the opposition, mark my words there is some serious talent among these kids, and for anyone that gets along to watch, there will be plenty of frustrating moments, but a bucket load of highlights also.

Now, one negative out of the weekend, went to buy a family membership saturday morning, after reading that it was $120, sounded like great value, got there only to discover that it was $150, no problems, happy to pay $150 for a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP, only to discover that a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP only constitutes 2 TICKETS, where in this vast land of ours does a FAMILY MEMBERSHIP only get you entry for 2 people??????? Lucky the beer was cold!!!!!!
Really I will Check that out it should only be $120.

Is it right Iain Findlay was in town again for the tribunal hearing? Can't recall seeing him here so early in the season before. I actually think the moment a club calls for his services is a pretty clear sign of guilt and they are relying on him to find a flaw in the process or evidence to get them off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it right Iain Findlay was in town again for the tribunal hearing? Can't recall seeing him hear so early in the season before. I actually think the moment a club calls for his services is pretty clear sign of guilt and they are relying on him to find a flaw in the process or evidence to get them off.
In the last seven days Findlay has appeared at the KDFL, GVFL and O & M tribunals. His services are not cheap which means that someone has to sell a lot of pies at the canteen to cover his unbudgeted expense. At a time when inflated players' sense of worth sees more and more putting out the hand how can clubs afford this? How long before there is a rift in a club because he's engaged to represent one player but not another later in the season? The solution is simple, advocates, like tribunal members must work for no payment. If a club wants an advocate to come in from elsewhere allow for travel and nothing more. More fool Albury for pushing the envelope, he was offered a week and that's what he got except now a lot of people have their week interrupted with an unnecessary hearing.

In the last seven days Findlay has appeared at the KDFL, GVFL and O & M tribunals. His services are not cheap which means that someone has to sell a lot of pies at the canteen to cover his unbudgeted expense. At a time when inflated players' sense of worth sees more and more putting out the hand how can clubs afford this? How long before there is a rift in a club because he's engaged to represent one player but not another later in the season? The solution is simple, advocates, like tribunal members must work for no payment. If a club wants an advocate to come in from elsewhere allow for travel and nothing more. More fool Albury for pushing the envelope, he was offered a week and that's what he got except now a lot of people have their week interrupted with an unnecessary hearing.

I think each club should have to nominate an advocate at the beginning of the season as their rep if needed.

Also what's the go with the video review policy. Does the league seriously have someone, or a panel, that sits and watches every game from every weekend looking for reportable incidents? If they are going to go down that path, they'll soon need a second camera to capture off the ball stuff or to get vision from a different angle to have conclusive evidence.

Last edited:
I think each club should have to nominate an advocate at the beginning of the season as their rep if needed.

Also what's the go with the video review policy. Does the league seriously have someone, or a panel, that sits and watches every game from every weekend looking for reportable incidents? If they are going to go down that path, they'll soon need a second camera to capture off the ball stuff or to get vision from a different angle to have conclusive evidence.

Albury always gets this guy in for their tribunal hearings, because of his track record and notoriety in Melbourne, they probably think he is invincible and will scare the crap out of the tribunal, so it's great to see him lose one for a change, they might think twice about it next time, but then again, money isn't really a factor.

Norths young guys stepped up again on the weekend. I learnt one thing on Saturday Kristian Carey will be, if he's not already an elite player of this league. Could very easily play at a higher level. Best young onballer in the league by a long way. Good to see corowa two from two. Albury, Yarra and Lavi flexed there muscles. Still a fair way out in front them top 3.

A great test for yoh beloved hoppers on Anzac Day Frank, I heard another of your supporters you may know talking up Isaac Muller as the best ruckman going around, big wraps on the young guy

A great test for yoh beloved hoppers on Anzac Day Frank, I heard another of your supporters you may know talking up Isaac Muller as the best ruckman going around, big wraps on the young guy

It is always tough against a great side like Albury but I'm sure they will be doing there best. Very talented young man at just 17 big Isaac. absolutely mauled Maher in then ruck on saty. He's very physical and aggressive. He'd have to be in the top bracket from what I seen.

Cracking game of footy at Corowa yesterday, with the home team picking up some real good players. Number 4 for Raiders got sent off and should be up on about 3 different charges, absolute dog. Those days are gone
I reckon he was lucky he didnt get caught in the 2nd qtr...Threw 2 of the best Ive seen in a while then gets a 50M to him and he kicks a goal....He isnt any good anyway....Seeing alot of OMFNL and NFL over last couple of years I have no idea why Raiders would be forking out over $1000 a game for Steven and Giles...Limbach should get both teir match payments .....

So Anzac Day is upon us and for me that is usually a dawn service followed up by the maggies and Bombers, this year I think I might go to the Local and go and check out Myrtleford and wang, should be an interesting and keenly fought encounter, very hard to tip a winner, but for the sake of it I think the saints might scrape in, I think Raiders will beat the dogs in a reasonably close one, I think Albury will smash North Albury, on the sat, I will go check out Rovers and Lavy, rovers have always given Lavy some trouble down there, very interested to see how Archer goes, I think Lavy will win but I think it may be close.
Sunday should be a good gauge of seeing how much Corowa have improved, what is a good result for them? I would think getting within Five goals, enjoy your footy boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back