Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

What seems to be the factor that's suggesting North Albury will be be better than everyone thought? Have they added some new players or is it some kids from the juniors or just a better attitude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just thought they moved the ball really well with good pace and disposal. There did seem to be alot of young guys who were a little light of frame which will obviously make it difficult against some of the bigger sides but there was enough shown to suggest they will be competitive for large portions of games. Their opposition, Rumba had the likes of Damien Cupido, Brad Dick and the evergreen Des Morgan running around so they were a worthy opponent.

I just thought they moved the ball really well with good pace and disposal. There did seem to be alot of young guys who were a little light of frame which will obviously make it difficult against some of the bigger sides but there was enough shown to suggest they will be competitive for large portions of games. Their opposition, Rumba had the likes of Damien Cupido, Brad Dick and the evergreen Des Morgan running around so they were a worthy opponent.
I've watched both Norths practice games and they have really impressed me with there work ethic and structure, there foot skills are spot on they look like they really enjoy playing with each other. There physical in the contest also especially against queenbeyan where they made most off the running that day. A lot of young guys but all so talented. You have blokes like Rory feltwell, Kris holman, the Holman twins, Jordan harrington, Kristian carey, Alex freeman, Shaun mannagh, Isaac muller, mitch mahady, lockie Taylor nugent, clay Mosher thomas,Simon mitchellhill, Josh lloyd, jarrah maksymow are all kids most teenagers, none would be older than 22. And that's just to name a few. All.these guys super impressive from what I've seen and if they stick the clubs got a bright future.
there a young group and it's gunna be tough at times but it's not all doom and gloom down there that's for sure.

did here the big 3 at Lavi worked well down forward

So Round 1 kicks off this week, personally not a fan of split rounds to commence the year but each to their own.

Round 1 is always generally a little harder to tip, but for the sake of getting some banter going I will have a crack,

Raiders vs saints, really dont know a lot about how the saints are going, had a good win against rovers is decent form, raiders had a good come from behind win against wang the other week, with the game being at home, I will go raiders by 11, with Limbach to kick seven

The grand final replay should be a ripper to kick off the year, albury have lost a lot of their depth players as well as some stars, but have arguably picked up the two best recruits in o, halpin and o, hara, and with a fighting fit carey they look a very strong side, yarras appeared weakeness is down back with the loss of thompson, lawless and Dwyer, will they have enough talls to cover the three talls of albury? Im not sure, obviously kicking goals wont be a problem with fev and ednie and oconnor, I think its a great chance for the tigers to get them and I think they will by 16 points, carey to kick 6, and fev to do the same

Under lights the dogs venture across to tackle the panthers, from reports it appears the dogs wont be anywhere near full strength, as for the panthers I think they have a full list to choose from, maybe minus one or two and despite wodonga matching up well against Lavy recently, I expect the panthers by 49 points, prior to land 5 and big kossie 4...

Sorry for writing an essay but lets get the season going!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

From what I've heard the Dogs are going to be a fair bit behind Lavington. If Lavi can click early with their gun forward line it could be a big margin. I'm tipping 79 points.
Albury should really stretch Yarra in this one with their forward line but Yarra are still an amazing side. Regardless of the score I expect the loser to go shopping after this one to cover any deficiencies that get exposed.
Haven't heard too much about the Raiders or Saints although I believe that all the changes at Raiders over the summer have had a positive effect. Raiders should win at home.

So Round 1 kicks off this week, personally not a fan of split rounds to commence the year but each to their own.

Round 1 is always generally a little harder to tip, but for the sake of getting some banter going I will have a crack,

Raiders vs saints, really dont know a lot about how the saints are going, had a good win against rovers is decent form, raiders had a good come from behind win against wang the other week, with the game being at home, I will go raiders by 11, with Limbach to kick seven

The grand final replay should be a ripper to kick off the year, albury have lost a lot of their depth players as well as some stars, but have arguably picked up the two best recruits in o, halpin and o, hara, and with a fighting fit carey they look a very strong side, yarras appeared weakeness is down back with the loss of thompson, lawless and Dwyer, will they have enough talls to cover the three talls of albury? Im not sure, obviously kicking goals wont be a problem with fev and ednie and oconnor, I think its a great chance for the tigers to get them and I think they will by 16 points, carey to kick 6, and fev to do the same

Under lights the dogs venture across to tackle the panthers, from reports it appears the dogs wont be anywhere near full strength, as for the panthers I think they have a full list to choose from, maybe minus one or two and despite wodonga matching up well against Lavy recently, I expect the panthers by 49 points, prior to land 5 and big kossie 4...

Sorry for writing an essay but lets get the season going!!!

Saints by 22 points

Lavi by 59 points

Albury by 19 points

I heard tonight that Ken Stevenson is assistant coach of the inter league side. Anyone heard the same thing?

Ok thanks for that. Fev and Ken. Not exactly Spargo and Sanson.

App only avalible from O&M website only for iphones but log into website and click live scores
Cheers
Try and work out the App. KDFNL began on the weekend and, yet again, Sportingpulse was been next to useless at the beginning of the season. Every year the software changes, volunteer hours are wasted at club level and the damn thing is no more efficient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to know what to put on here after the weekend we've had. I think I'd be on the right track in saying all O&M bigfooty users would be hoping for some positive news around the injury to James McQuillan.

Saw parts of the Lavi v Wodonga game. The ground was very dewy, almost wet by the end of the game. Lots of dropped marks and skill errors as if the game was being played in the rain at times.

Wodonga were very good, but simply ran out of puff. Big Kosi didn't have his best day at the footy, but he was contesting against 2 and 3 in most contests and that allowed blokes like Flagg & Aalbers a bit more space. He'll be better for the run, I don't think he's been able to do much In the last 6 months as he enjoys life away from being an AFL player. Space was hard to come by as both teams were playing with game plans which are based on blocking as much as possible.

Prior worked hard all night and ended up with a couple, but wasn't helped by delivery coming forward.

I think it'll take the panthers a few weeks to figure out how to play when you've got bigger targets up forwards. It's been a while.

Not a fan of a split round start. Play them all on the same weekend and slot in a general bye at some point.

Interesting scores in albury v yarra in 2nds with albury kicking 24:14 to 0 gls 3 bhinds?Why that? No depth?fringe players left to play minor leagues?not a good look

Interesting scores in albury v yarra in 2nds with albury kicking 24:14 to 0 gls 3 bhinds?Why that? No depth?fringe players left to play minor leagues?not a good look
Lost quite a few young players from 3rds and 2nds to other league and university. With the seniors recruiting the way they do, it seems the best way for some of these fellows to gain senior experience. They might return with experience under their belts.

Hard to know what to put on here after the weekend we've had. I think I'd be on the right track in saying all O&M bigfooty users would be hoping for some positive news around the injury to James McQuillan.

Saw parts of the Lavi v Wodonga game. The ground was very dewy, almost wet by the end of the game. Lots of dropped marks and skill errors as if the game was being played in the rain at times.

Wodonga were very good, but simply ran out of puff. Big Kosi didn't have his best day at the footy, but he was contesting against 2 and 3 in most contests and that allowed blokes like Flagg & Aalbers a bit more space. He'll be better for the run, I don't think he's been able to do much In the last 6 months as he enjoys life away from being an AFL player. Space was hard to come by as both teams were playing with game plans which are based on blocking as much as possible.

Prior worked hard all night and ended up with a couple, but wasn't helped by delivery coming forward.

I think it'll take the panthers a few weeks to figure out how to play when you've got bigger targets up forwards. It's been a while.

Not a fan of a split round start. Play them all on the same weekend and slot in a general bye at some point.

Yeah , very sad news for young James, really puts things into perspective when someone gets hurt like that, all we can do his wait and just hope he will be ok..

Couldnt agree more with a split round to start the season, nothing more frustrating as a player, I would think to train all pre season play round 1 and then have a break..

As for the action, didnt get to see any of last week but look forward to getting to wang and corowa this week, should be a beauty between two evenly matched team

Got to the game just before 3/4 time of the ressies. What I could see in the quarter I saw was:

- Albury were head and shoulders above them almost everywhere
- The bloke at full forward for Yarrawonga didn't provide an option making the full back's job very easy
- Yarra could get the ball to an area to get an inside 50 but had no options (see previous point)
- Yarra didn't change this fault. I would have dragged the FF immediately

Yarra would have lost anyway but could have at least kicked some goals if the full forward did his job properly

Yeah , very sad news for young James, really puts things into perspective when someone gets hurt like that, all we can do his wait and just hope he will be ok..

Really ugly moment.

No-one was at fault and that was evident as no Albury player remonstrated with the Yarra players. From what I could see Fev took control of the situation for Yarra and appeared to grasp the enormity of the situation pretty quickly. I don't think anyone realised how bad it was until his parents came onto the ground and the ambo was called. Heaps of people there too. 2500 from reports with Albury having heaps of sponsor invites there as well as being the GF replay and first game of the year. This incident happened almost right in front of the Sportsground rooms (next to the old highway, not the grandstand side) so a lot of people saw it up close. I was behind the goals so not as close but you could sense it was bad.

Full credit to everyone involved. I really respect the way both teams and the umpires handled it. Hope James gains the feeling back in his legs too.

Tips this week
Wang Rovers by 33pts[Akers comments to spur Rovers on and the only reason their not at Nth is because you don't have the money and one reason that would be you spent to much on GRAM and your whole football department need to be held accountable for that not just the bloke at the top.Why don't you coach for nothing and this is not directed at Gram but all the other over paid players].
C/R by 23pts

I wonder if North would put a gag on Aker. His comments on what other clubs are doing with recruiting isn't helping the image of his own football club. I find it inappropriate for him to pass comment and judgment. Not the best look for North who are crying out for some sense of credibility.

I wonder if North would put a gag on Aker. His comments on what other clubs are doing with recruiting isn't helping the image of his own football club. I find it inappropriate for him to pass comment and judgment. Not the best look for North who are crying out for some sense of credibility.
NOP I agree with you as far as Akers comments in the paper(if he actually said those exact words) shouldve said that. but to say North Albury is lacking credibility is insulting.yes the club went broke, not the first time a club has gone broke, yes players got paid late (but at least they got paid in the end every last cent), yes they didn't clear contracted players,they had every right not to clear them and for some reason everybody outside the club thought that was shithouse. Is Adam Prior held accountable for walking out of he's junior club not once but twice and the latter all because he didn't get paid on time.if he gave a s**t about where he came from he would've wanted to help fix the club like everyone else thats left there. Go and ask the volunteers that spend more time around the place than the players and ask them what they think of this. They don't get paid to work there arse off for the joint so blokes can run around for two hours on a saty and earn massive coin. Its bloody greed. but unfortunately individuals that think about themselves don't care about anyone else. The Macdonald case well he actually busted he's gut for the that club.
The new committee from what have seen and what I've heard and speaking to some of of them are doing a fantastic job and working extremely bloody hard. The supporters a rallying around In a tough time. If u walked in that club you would see a lot of people working extremely hard to get the club that they love back on its feet. People like me that play a small part in that club get sick and tired off people saying it's a s**t club it lacks credibility it's not going anywhere. It hurts to to be honest. The wrong person was in charge. It's taken this too get them replaced but the clubs in good hands now
There I've said my bit.
NOP good luck with jindera and all the best for the year, you have recruited some great people out there.
Everyone enjoy the footy this weekend.
Corowa by 22 points
Hoppers by 7 points

Very well spoken Frank. There is no doubt clubs like Nth Albury, Corowa and Raiders have been struggling but seem to have put a lot of energy into getting the right people in place to turn things around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back