Game Day Port v Eagles @ Patersons Stadium Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I was recognised at the urinal post-game for being the Port supporter giving these guys s**t as they traipsed off. There was only 7 points in it when they left.. seriously guys?

not to mention a nice 5 minute walk into west perth, will get you to your car and clear of traffic. So no issues leaving with the masses if that's the excuse.

A freo player miss the flight to Sydney, I think that's what they are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wce eagles fans think they are gods gift to football....I read what people here say about the 19th man ....but until you experience the eagles fans you cant explain how ridiculous they are and why I refuse to talk football with any of the scum

Kudos to the west coast supporters who came on here to congratulate Port on our win, but I doubt I would comment on another team's site - win, lose or draw.

All clubs have a percentage of idiot supporters, that is the nature of the game, but the club supporters where a majority clearly stoop to another level, are the tingle and toast supporters.

As I said in an earlier post, too many tingle's barrackers are stuck in a mid 1980's time warp, the kick a Vic days, they just can't come to terms with the fact their team is playing club football, and is not representing the state of South Australia.
Exascerbated of course by their inept management, and a bullsh*t club song, which should have been dumped years ago.

The west Aussies are something different again though, many of them clearly have a gigantic inferiority complex of anything further east than Kalgoorlie, which comes out in the way they support their teams, ie regardless of the sport, they are bad winners, and even worse losers.

Last edited:
If wingard has gone to hospital due to concussion? Glass could be in lots of trouble..

The Sunday Times footy section has the headlines BYE BYE SKIPPER and Glass cracks as Power surges in final quarter - they've all but conceded that he's gawn.

Of course it was and he received the free for it. A 50m is awarded after a free kick or mark has been paid. You don't just receive a 50m for a hit during play.

If it is reportable than it is 50m. Unfortunately it wasn't seen to be reportable at the time and so a 50m wasn't given. I'm saying it should've been reportable immediately and thus a 50m follows.

If it is reportable than it is 50m. Unfortunately it wasn't seen to be reportable at the time and so a 50m wasn't given. I'm saying it should've been reportable immediately and thus a 50m follows.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the ruling is a 50 can only be awarded after a mark or free has been paid regardless of a report or not.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the ruling is a 50 can only be awarded after a mark or free has been paid regardless of a report or not.
How did Wingard get a 50 against Vince in the Showdown when Bernie did a similar high frontal charge?

Can't remember if Chad actually marked that in flight but it didn't look like he did, the umpire reported him though & paid the 50.

How did Wingard get a 50 against Vince in the Showdown when Bernie did a similar high frontal charge?

Can't remember if Chad actually marked that in flight but it didn't look like he did, the umpire reported him though & paid the 50.
Mark was paid and I'm pretty sure the report was later thrown out.

Maybe I'm wrong. I thought that if it is reportable it is automatically a 50m ... ?? I'll stand to be corrected.

The Bernie hit on Wingard was paid a 50m and was a report but then thrown out.

On the otherhand the Glass on Wingard should be a report, wasn't, and no 50m paid. I guess rules cannot be perfect.

Seems like a dangerous act before a mark is not a 50m but after a mark it is.

Not much in the Glass hit the free kick was given for the over the shoulder by Mckenzie, Glass didnt get him in the head his shoulder connects with Wingards chest, will get a 1 week most likely but wasnt much in it. Congrats on the win, played well when the game was on the line, West Coast should also hold their heads high defensive pressure for most of the game was supurb just dropped the intensity in the last and you boys didnt. I still think West Coast are pathetic with their ball use when the pressure is really on we need to fix that.

Lots of positivies for both teams, and i think you will bat well into September. Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been any mention of Chads condition ? Excuse if anythings been posted recently, been on nightshift and a bit uncomprehende.

He went to hospital after the game.As far as I've read today and last night he got the ok from the docs at the hospital so I'd assume he went back with the team last night or today when they went back home.He got a knock on his ankle in the first quarter as well but he should be available against Geelong.Hopefully that helps ya out mate.

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS :thumbsu:

Sometimes ya just gotta win ugly when things don't go your way, and the blokes did that last night.

Reminded me so much of the Roos game, where we turned it over incessantly, causing us to run defensively 30% more than we needed to, and as a result we fatigued (with injuries a factor) late. Last night we kept attacking instead of trying to hang on in the last qtr. Dominated inside 50 possession and trusted our game plan and structures and ended up with the Easter chocolates :)

Best win this year in light of travel factor, hostile crowd, scrappy play, quality opponent, pace and ferocity of the match, loss of momentum which we regained, etc.

Tough.
Uncompromising.
Unwavering self belief.
Port Adelaide. :cool:

MOTY against a dynasty club this week. 45k at AO.

HAVE to win this one. :mad:

This game and Sydney/Freo yesterday have ruined football for me for the rest of the weekend. Tense, adrenalin-filled, close for 90% of the game. All other games have failed to get my motor running. Maybe Doggies/Carlton will lift after half-time

After reading some of the stuff on the Weagles board, I am in agreement with those who say they are like crows supporters. Western 19th man

Sums up a few of the Crow supporters on my FB last night.

10151168_10203584802886614_3225425535535425013_n.jpg

Not much in the Glass hit the free kick was given for the over the shoulder by Mckenzie, Glass didnt get him in the head his shoulder connects with Wingards chest, will get a 1 week most likely but wasnt much in it. Congrats on the win, played well when the game was on the line, West Coast should also hold their heads high defensive pressure for most of the game was supurb just dropped the intensity in the last and you boys didnt. I still think West Coast are pathetic with their ball use when the pressure is really on we need to fix that.

Lots of positivies for both teams, and i think you will bat well into September. Well done.
I wouldn't rely on that. Don't be surprised if he goes for 3 weeks with an early plea. These are the kinds of incidents that the grading system produces big results on. It's not about whether we think there "wasn't much in it". It was a hit that caused concussion, therefore Glass is likely to get high impact / high contact. The only thing up for debate is reckless / negligent / intentional. Best case for Glass out of those three is that he gets 4 weeks, 3 with an early plea.

I wouldn't rely on that. Don't be surprised if he goes for 3 weeks with an early plea. These are the kinds of incidents that the grading system produces big results on. It's not about whether we think there "wasn't much in it". It was a hit that caused concussion, therefore Glass is likely to get high impact / high contact. The only thing up for debate is reckless / negligent / intentional. Best case for Glass out of those three is that he gets 4 weeks, 3 with an early plea.

Negligent can't enter into it. He had his eyes on Wingard and the spoil had already been completed by another defender. He cannoned into Wingard after the play, the best scenario for Glass is reckless, high impact. High contact may depend on what side of bed the MRP got up on. Sometimes they say only the head itself is high contact, and Wingard was taken in the chest. At the best Glass could be looking at reckless, high impact, low contact. At the worst it could be intentional, high impact, high contact.

He went to hospital after the game.As far as I've read today and last night he got the ok from the docs at the hospital so I'd assume he went back with the team last night or today when they went back home.He got a knock on his ankle in the first quarter as well but he should be available against Geelong.Hopefully that helps ya out mate.

Saw footage of Wingard on the news tonight back in Adelaide with the team.

A good to team effort..... time to back it up this week.

I would classify this win as good, if not better if we would had won against Norf......simply because we lost it against Norf, not Norf winning it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back