Roast Round 5 autopsy/vent. Rupture your lungs here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wanted to say that a positive of this game is just that we're looking a much better team offensively right now. We botched some chances but we really showed an ability to put on a score today and it's growing every week. I think Jones and Crammers enjoy playing together.

I dont agree with this. Carlton played a kamakazie attacking style and if we cannot score against that all offence no defence style we never will. Sterner tests await us and we should reserve judgment until then. Just my opinion.

I'm not complaining about anything you've just said, because this is where I expected us to be, although I expected a loss against Richmond and a win against Carlton. I'm complaining that when it was against Richmond, it was all about them losing. When it was against Carlton, it was all about them winning, and same with North. There's never any acknowledgement of us, whether we play badly or whether we play well, and it shits me. I'm convinced that the AFL and the media want the big clubs to stay big and don't care what happens to the smaller clubs like us.

Yeah get your point, watch us miss out on Good Friday, its all about money, and we are simply behind many other clubs.

1 - We don't have the supporter base
2 - On average our supporter demographic has less disposable income (traditionally)
3 - The AFL wants to maximise revenue at the gate and from networks and advertisers
4 - Media want to maximise revenue from advertisers
5 - Advertisers want maximum exposure and want to get their product in front of the biggest market possible

Join the dots, the clubs with the most supporters will always get the best cover, games, advertising deals, etc.

But I like barracking for the underdog, it makes success so much sweeter (we just need some success)

When a player's injured, you just don't boo them at all. Like I said, I hate the guy and think he's a dirty player, so I booed him when he went on the field. But if there's an injured player coming from the field, you just don't boo them. It's just not right.

Let's not stoop to Collingwood standards ala 2010 when Nick Riewoldt ripped his hammy off the bone.

there was a LOT of fumbling and mark dropping inside50 in the second half, I was sitting with a whole bunch of carlton mates and they couldn't believe how we were not within 2 goals of them

offensively we did look better than we used to, obviously if you can't take the grab then it makes the whole thing look worse but I thought there was definitely improvement in the build up

If Campbell does come back in, then he simply has to push up the ground and present a target, no point having Jones too far away from goal and having Stringer as the deep forward it just doesn't work. I agree with those who argue for Jake to start as sub for adelaide, think we can push him anywhere depending on who needs to be subbed out of the game. He might be able to do a Gia and kick a couple of quick goals in the last as well, when everyong is tired. Grant's return cannot come soon enough, with him presenting up the ground on one side of the ground and Crameri on the other leaves us in a great position for Jones to get one on one in the square or on the lead. In time with a full list we only have room for max 4 out of Crameri, Jones, Grant, Stringer and Campbell, So i think jake is gonna need to hit the scoresheet hard over the next 2 weeks to keep his spot.

We all love Murph, but yesterday he was just awful. His worst game in season.

Did anyone here Mark Fine after the game? Says Cooney and Higgins shouldn't play for us again. I don't know how someone so dumb gets his job.

So much has been said before however I believe we lost the game when we ran out without that killer instinct yesterday. The close tagging of Carlton around bounces won out but made a very ugly game. The issue was that when Judd went off they were down a rotation and we should have powered over them after their backline player smashed into the point post and they still had that spud Thomas on the field in the fourth quarter and we didn't.
  • Jumper names - Can anyone at the game actually see the names on the back?
  • Priority seating on the third level for Carlton supporters who in the main didn't show pushing paying home team fans back five rows. Ian Collins still hates us even though he is no longer involved
  • Getting home - The trains were an absolute joke waiting on an overcrowded platform for over thirty minutes post game is not conducive to getting young kids to enjoy the footy that late in the night.
  • The lack of talk and support of players on the ground. We looked like 18 players instead of a team.
  • The umpiring. We didn't lose the game due to the umpiring but that the decisions that were paid one minute and then not are hard to explain. Maybe a coffee could be purchased for the umpiring department to discuss some of the bigger clangers.

Wallis's worst game for the year, quick to flick him eh?
As a tagger you can't have your opponent gathering 28 possessions and kicking 2 goals. While you are only gathering 9 (Carl), 16 (GWS) and 7 (Rich). Needs to find some form in the VFL. I'd think his worst game was against Richmond.

Hi guys, ashamedly I have to admit that I missed yesterday's game so have only seen the highlights (well it was easter sunday!).

Seems that Higgins and Murph have been singled out as having their worst games of the season. Wondering if the game from the previous week really took it out of them as it was a very fierce contest. Higgins got tunnelled as well as taking a nasty shot to the ribs, and Murph copped that nasty trip and was limping afterwards. Not making excuses but I think those two will be better next week.

It's really weird not seeing the game. The image of the Bulldogs in my head is from the last quarter of the GWS game, and therefore with a few changes I think we will beat the crows!

p.s. we will be helped as I think Douglas will get a week.

I don't appreciate people who label my entire post void of credibility based on a single subjective view.

The only thing being in a 1% minority proves is that I'm in a 1% minority, it doesn't necessarily mean I don't have a point. I was in a 1% minority back in 2009 when I was ragging on about how stupid it was to select Christian Howard with our first pick and look how that turned out.
Mate haven't you worked out that if you don't agree with the "chosen few" you get screamed down and insulted and if you come back at them they cry and say you know nothing

I think a lot of them are realising the messiah is not what they think and they will have to actually admit they were wrong

I dont agree with this. Carlton played a kamakazie attacking style and if we cannot score against that all offence no defence style we never will. Sterner tests await us and we should reserve judgment until then. Just my opinion.
that's actually a fair call really. i liked a lot of our method but they did play a style we could score against. the freo game should be interesting

I'm rarely one to make excuses but too many guys looked flat footed yesterday to discount the impact of the sand track in Canberra last week. GWS got smashed also.
I think Stringer is adding a lot and would leave him in to keep playing with Jones and Crameri. Good forward pressure, looked better this week than last.
One of Wallis or Jong to be dropped. We're overly defensive and not creative in the middle atm. If Libba or Grif have a stinker we seem to lose. I don't see Jong working long term, footy smarts just aren't there. He's got a few mates too. Really want to see Smith, Hunter, grant, hrovat back in this team soon, we need more real footballers.
Tutt has to come back in, should never have been dropped.
And absolutely Minson needs a chop out in the ruck. Campbell in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen the game yet. Sitting down to watch the replay.

Reading mixed reviews on Talia's game. Very keen to hear everyone's opinion. I understand he was matched up incorrectly but how did he play? What was his effort like?

Outcoached and outplayed for all four quarters. That was a dire effort, and if we want to single out players there is going to be a lot of "singling" because most were poor. Carlton came out hard and we just did not have the same hunger for the ball. We were smashed in clearances. Not sure what the stats will say, but the relative ease of theirs was alarming.

Too often they were allowed simple passage to the forward line and our backs missed Morris badly. Glad to hear he should be back next week as we are desperate for him.

Really disappointing game, not because of the result, but the way we played never gave us a chance.

[quote="BRWB, post: 32660602, member: 136482"

Fair dinkum some people here (not you Timtam) need to level out and remember to take their lithium, please try to understand we are young a loss or a win here and there its not a massive thing either way. [/quote]

So if we don't get angry with a loss at home to the equal bottom side when do you say it's ok and the lithium is not needed?

I'm sorry but I disagree, he's shown that once fit he is one of the premier Chb of the comp.

I think Williams is a much better option than Austin, Redpath and Roberts. But Williams was never a 'premier chb'. He was good because he had All-Australians like Morris, Lake, Gilbee and Hargrave around him and a bloke called Harbrow who 4 years later we still haven't replaced.

Just to clarity, I want a second ruckman in - I think all teams need a back up ruck.

My arguement is debating the point that a second ruck forces Jones to play CHF. I'm arguing that he already is.

If Stringer is omitted the 2nd Ruck can play as a decoy forward in a pocket with instructions to steer clear of Jones

It's always the same with the big clubs.

Carlton last week: OH MY GOD CARLTON SUCK!
Carlton this week: CARLTON ARE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER!

Never any acknowledgement of their opposition, or maybe a tiny bit.

Watch Mick Malthouse press conference post match yesterday. I think he gave us a lot of credit. I think you should try a bit of lateral vision

So if we don't get angry with a loss at home to the equal bottom side when do you say it's ok and the lithium is not needed?

I don't have a problem with people being angry (and I am angry about yesterday too) but some of the things that are said in anger on this thread are ridiculous.

Who was it that said that Dahlhaus was a useless footballer? He was one of our best players yesterday and even if he wasn't it's still a ludicrous comment.

The problem with this board is that the posters who go way over the top when things are bad always get noticed more than the posters who are more measured in their criticism.

Glad I didn't post immediately after.

Thought Griffen, Wood, Macrae, Crameri and Jones could hold their heads high. Dahlhaus had a bit of it and hit the scoreboard.

Higgins, Cooney, Libba and Murph had middle of the road games that won't exactly make their highlights reel.

Talia and Bontempelli had a go.

Williams, Minson and Young were badly beaten. Stringer, Jong and Wallis made little impact and would be sweating.

I do not and have never liked playing one ruck and I do not know why we do it. Perhaps it's to give us extra run but if Will goes down early in a game we are gone (which thankfully hasnt happened yet) and when he is struggling there is nothing much you can do. Cordy and Campbell would both offer more as forwards at the moment than Stringer and at least offer an alternative to Will to give another ruckman something to think about. More to the point we have one 29 year old ruckman and no one developing in the seniors. Perhaps it's been decided Cordy and Campbell aren't up to it but if not its bizarre.

We shouldn't overreact. It's one game and our previous two weeks were ok. Still, it's one we should have been up for. Whenever we build some form we seem to spray a game against a side that we probably should beat (ie Melbourne and Brisbane last year).

I don't have a problem with people being angry (and I am angry about yesterday too) but some of the things that are said in anger on this thread are ridiculous.

Who was it that said that Dahlhaus was a useless footballer? He was one of our best players yesterday and even if he wasn't it's still a ludicrous comment.
Same same for comment about Libba not being able to wear a hard tag. Umpires ignore players being held and blocked, ok wal has had a number of frees against but spare me, carazzo/curnow didnt deserve similar results for their efforts? Libba was held at every stoppage by curnow not watching the ball, take a look at the replay.

We all love Murph, but yesterday he was just awful. His worst game in season.

Did anyone here Mark Fine after the game? Says Cooney and Higgins shouldn't play for us again. I don't know how someone so dumb gets his job.
I reckon a few people on here have, with the comments about Tom Williams. Some dogs fan texted him a pretty nasty message and said he isn't fit to hold Cooney's s*** - not that he would want to I'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back