News Trigg to be Carlton CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how so many of his greatest hits are 5 minutes old or not his.

Maybe he's getting out whilst the going is good?

I leave knowing everything is in really great shape. As of today, the Club:
  • boasts a powerful financial situation and asset base

• I'm no expert but even I can see the balance sheet is empty and worth nothing. Liar!

[*]an extraordinary world class venue for home matches
    Which you opposed and had SFA to do with you. Your lack of vision is what emptied our balance sheet
    [*]exceptional training facilities
    Shame they were built as a corporate money making facility, which tanked and now we are writing off in double time

And clearly cost way more than necessary because of your lack of vision in making it a corp centre.

[*]a record membership nearing 60,000

An achievement solely down to the AO you opposed and an achievement that's only 5 minutes, sorry 18 rounds old.

Quick run! Whilst the going is good
    [*]a record average attendance which is second highest in the AFL

You've been in job 12 years why are you talking about something only 5 minutes old? Which could wear off at any moment when the gloss fades

[*]a rapidly expanding digital and social media reach

Blah

[*]a talented young playing list which is improving all the time

Less said about your contribution to our playing list the better

[*]corporate support and partnerships which are strong and stable

And at last count, massively down.

What a fraud.

12 years in and he talk about stuff 5 minutes old that may not last or stuff nothing to do with him.

Emperor clothes etc

Loved the part where he said he didn't want to overstay his welcome. How detached from reality could you be?
Took a while for the message to sink in...

but also said Tippett-gate had nothing to do with it.

Bone asking direct questions & getting feisty for once.

Trigg reckons last 12 years has been outstanding - taking AFC from an AFL powerhouse to middle of the road club - delusional!!

be interested to see what you wrote to him
Steven,

I've not agreed with many things during your tenure as our CEO and I do agree the time is right for a change.

However, I do want to thank you for your service to our GREAT club.

I really hope the club follows through on its intention to look nationally and internationally for its next CEO. We need some fresh ideas and new approaches.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors at Carlton. Good luck.

Hammered him about Tippett-gate. Told him he needs to accept the fact that there is a large part of the AFC supporter base that are saying thankgod he is going. Needs to stop saying tippett gate is a little smudge on the clubs history etc...
All good points but where was he two years ago? Too little, too late Bone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A stack of folders to the ceiling.

Any CEO will tell you, you never want to leave a place at less than its best. it's in such good shape at the moment. asset base, financial situation, felt logically like it's the right time.

The average CEO is 3 or 4 years. Logical thing to think we're on top of our game, i should be thinking about when it's time.

Tippett - got nothing to do with it. Pockets of criticism. Not influenced the decision. Mindful because of my family, and my club.

A pocket of the 19th man that want to continue to bang a negative drum.

Think about the progress we've made as a club in the last 12 years. Outstanding.

Perhaps I'm biased but he's coming across as a total knob. And McDermott has finally decided to ask some tough questions.

We made a blue with Tippett, we copped it on the chin.

Rowe said he never told his version of the story, Trigg replied the legal framework makes it difficult to tell the story. Would leave the club with a lawsuit as a parting gift.

It's worth reminding people, we copped our whack, we got belted really hard. What we didn't do is exceed the salary cap.

Stadium deal: Nigel's all over it. Chapman's all over it.

Can Nigel Smart do your job? Publicly endorsing is a pressure I don't want to put on the board. Short answer: no, but we've got some really terrific people internally who would make fantastic candidates.

Happy to accept criticism from people who are qualified. Need a thick skin.

Regret: no premiership. Consistently strong and competitive, 4 prelims.

Blah blah blah what a joke.

Wow Bone actually showing some back bone...

Yeah finally - the guy who could cut him off from sucking at the teat of the AFC in this town is on the way out so Bone goes in hard... wait til the new guy comes in and Bone will be back on his knees.

Questions like that would have been useful two years ago you ******* softarse.

Under normal circumstances Trigg being sourced and employed by Carlton would be classified as underhanded 'poaching'. Has there been even one irate outburst in this vein?

Yes, easier to ask the hard questions when Trigg is walking out the door.

Even so, better late than never.

Also, Rowe asked whether Trigg would now explain Tippett-gate, to which he declined.

Yeah definitely. I don't know if it was just me, probably is because bone has been anything but vocal over the last two years but it seemed just then that there is some real disdain for Trigg from him.

One thing i wish he said was you're going to a rival club, pack your bags and gtfo immediately, not in 4 weeks.

All day it's been a festival of celebrating the great so-called achievements of Steven Trigg, with no mention of the biggest admin catastrophe (losing all those draft picks) in the history of the club (until Bone bought it up). Suddenly, the discussion got real......until Rowey gave Trigg a life-line.

All day it's been a festival of celebrating the great so-called achievements of Steven Trigg, with no mention of the biggest admin catastrophe (losing all those draft picks) in the history of the club (until Bone bought it up). Suddenly, the discussion got real......until Rowey gave Trigg a life-line.

Yeah, he didn't like that being brought up one little bit!

A stack of folders to the ceiling.

Any CEO will tell you, you never want to leave a place at less than its best. it's in such good shape at the moment. asset base, financial situation, felt logically like it's the right time.

The average CEO is 3 or 4 years. Logical thing to think we're on top of our game, i should be thinking about when it's time.

Tippett - got nothing to do with it. Pockets of criticism. Not influenced the decision. Mindful because of my family, and my club.

A pocket of the 19th man that want to continue to bang a negative drum.

Think about the progress we've made as a club in the last 12 years. Outstanding.

Perhaps I'm biased but he's coming across as a total knob. And McDermott has finally decided to ask some tough questions.

Rowe said he never told his version of the story, Trigg replied the legal framework makes it difficult to tell the story. Would leave the club with a lawsuit as a parting gift.

It's worth reminding people, we copped our whack, we got belted really hard. What we didn't do is exceed the salary cap.

Stadium deal: Nigel's all over it. Chapman's all over it.

Can Nigel Smart do your job? Publicly endorsing is a pressure I don't want to put on the board. Short answer: no, but we've got some really terrific people internally who would make fantastic candidates.

Happy to accept criticism from people who are qualified. Need a thick skin.

Regret: no premiership. Consistently strong and competitive, 4 prelims.

Blah blah blah what a joke.
Great wrap up of our ex-delusional leader.

Reading through the lines, don't think he thinks NotSo can do the job. Said something like he is enthusiastic (...but out of his depth).

Yeah finally - the guy who could cut him off from sucking at the teat of the AFC in this town is on the way out so Bone goes in hard... wait til the new guy comes in and Bone will be back on his knees.

Questions like that would have been useful two years ago you ******* softarse.

No arguement here. The one thing I'm wondering though is how long it takes Rowe to get the taste of "triggy" out his mouth every night

A blue? Jesus Christ, everybody involved in the deal deliberately set out to circumvent the rules of the salary cap. While we never actually went over the cap, it's still cheating. Doing that, and then hiding it from the AFL for 3 years isn't a blue, it's incompetence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back