Past Tom Rockliff (2008-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone's thoughts on him being captain?

I think it's good he isn't captain ATM. Seems to still have a bit of growing up to do similar with Browny after Voss retired. I think Jed for another year and then Rocky should be good to step up.

w
What's everyone's thoughts on him being captain?

Always had him as my no.1. Last night on 360 just confirmed it. Spoke well, just a natural leader, and media performer. Has the passion, and the smarts.

Anyhoo it is a moot - point. The club has already decided - why do you think he has become the media face of the Lions? Lepppa himself said recently that Rocky is the front runner.

can't help but agree with all of you. As for Vipertooth's comments, I too agree with Daniel Rich being captain. My opinion is I wouldnt be unhappy with either one being captain for the future. Both speak very well in the media, and I am sure they would be great guys in the locker room.

Just hope Rocky can put all this suspension crap behind him and put in a great performance for the rest of the reason

I think it's good he isn't captain ATM. Seems to still have a bit of growing up to do similar with Browny after Voss retired. I think Jed for another year and then Rocky should be good to step up.

Disagree with this. I wouldn't compare Rocky's suspensions to the kind that Brown was getting... his have been soft as butter IMO, whereas Brown's were, in my memory anyway, from lashing out and not controlling his anger. 10 years ago nobody would be batting an eyelid at what Rocky has done this year..

Rocky has the passion, the drive, and the developing profile in the media, to make a great captain - I am all for it. (He is well and truly my favourite lion, so perhaps my judgment is clouded)

Love Rich as a player and I'm sure he's a good leader too, but I don't think he's half as outgoing as Rocky is.

Rocky gets himself into these situations and should start to lead by example. No point bringing up the past as times change and club captains must always play within the rules. He'll never be a good captain if he misses games every year due to suspension, doesn't instil a strong club culture.

Think he'd be a good captain for you guys, plays with his heart on his sleeve, sticks up for himself and his team (although it has cost him a couple of times this year) and appears honest and loyal - loved the crack he had at the parting players at the end of last year, bleeds for Brisbane.

Rich could be a good captain at any number of clubs with more profile but we need someone with spunk. Rocky is having his final sand papering and polish and will be ready soon.

4) Rockliff backs up rap, Swallow dive-bombs

Tom Rockliff has been given as many plaudits this week as he has the whole of his career, with suggestions he belongs among the elite inside midfielders in the game and is an All Australian candidate. It seemed a plateau easy to fall from but he justified his billing with 46 possessions. Before the game it seemed like whoever was more dominant between him and Swallow would have a big say in who grabbed the points. When the game was there to be won in the first half, the Sun managed just six touches, with one contested possession.

Rocky is now averaging 30.6 disposals for the entire year.

2nd only behind Gary Ablett Jnr.

If he doesn't make the AA, Greg Swann better give somebody a call in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His stats are very good competition wide.

2nd in disposals
1st in tackles
4th in kicks
6th in contested possessions
8th in clearances
9th in stoppages

(1st in AFL fantasy)

Pretty incredible given that he's missed a few games this season.

matthew lloyd doesnt have rockliff in his rolling all australian team on the sunday footy show. didnt even get a mention either. his side was about 90% victorian players... such a flog

matthew lloyd doesnt have rockliff in his rolling all australian team on the sunday footy show. didnt even get a mention either. his side was about 90% victorian players... such a flog
You seem surprised.

World of Bias.

His stats are very good competition wide.

2nd in disposals
1st in tackles
4th in kicks
6th in contested possessions
8th in clearances
9th in stoppages

(1st in AFL fantasy)

Pretty incredible given that he's missed a few games this season.

He is not less than a point below Swan's all time record for AFL fantasy PPG for a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back