2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one we don't need. He rejected the club twice to play with other A-League sides and now we'll ease him in to retirement with a cushy job at the end.

Cya then. :thumbsu:

No doubt you'll come in here and bitch about it still much like someone who gives up Facebook and wants to tell everyone about it.

I will still come in here and comment, for sure. I will watch them on tele, probably lose and go backwards. I just won't part with my money for the privilege. :thumbsu:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...-before-kick-off/story-fndkzvnd-1226999251826

UPDATED: SYDNEY Olympic coach Grant Lee was left dumbfounded after Perth Glory
sensationally abandoned their preseason friendly match at the last
minute.
The game was scheduled to take place at Belmore Sports Ground on
Wednesday night, but Perth left the stadium an hour before kickoff
without offering an adequate explanation to the National Premier League NSW club.
A tweet from the Glory’s official account apologised for the
inconvenience, adding that the game was cancelled “due to unforeseen
circumstances”.
But Lee, speaking to Radio 6PR in Perth, said he was still trying to
work out what happened.
“I have no idea what the unforeseen circumstances are to be honest,
it’s got me a bit baffled,” he said.
“Thirty-five years in professional football and I haven’t seen
anything like this.
“They’ve turned up tonight, I believe there might have been a few
hiccups during the week with their itinerary, but they’ve turned up
tonight and they’ve just walked out.”
It is believed the Glory were unhappy with having to warm up behind
the goals, which they were forced to do as Olympic’s U16s were
preparing to play a curtain raiser against South Coast Wolves.
But Lee says Perth would have been well aware of the arrangements.
“The U16s were out on the park warming up and from what I can
understand they weren’t happy that the U16s were about to play a
game,” he said.
“We had arranged it, it had been promoted that way and they were well
aware prior to the event that was going to be a curtain raiser. Part
of the agreement between the two clubs was we thought it would be nice
if they had a look at our juniors and promote the game. But then they
said they needed the whole pitch to warm up.”
Fans had already begun to arrive and Olympic had organised corporate
catering for the event.
Lee says he had a brief word with Glory coach Kenny Lowe before the
team left the stadium, who said to him:
“The players’ heads aren’t there, they’re not right and I’m really
sorry but we can’t play the game.”
Olympic held a training session at the ground instead.

After all these years nothing surprises me, but to bother turning up at the stadium and then walk out because under 16s are playing before you is something else. Best way to beat Perth Glory in season 2014/15, have an under 16s curtain raiser pre-game they'll crack the shits and walk out abandoning the game.

Almost as baffling as the decision to play the Malaga game on a Sunday afternoon, now they probably had few options with scheduling that game, but you lose a large wad of the potential crowd and given it's only Malaga, not exactly a massive draw for the casual fan, and thousands of people who are involved in the Sunday leagues across WA are out because of the Sunday 3pm kick off time.

Almost as baffling as the decision to play the Malaga game on a Sunday afternoon, now they probably had few options with scheduling that game, but you lose a large wad of the potential crowd and given it's only Malaga, not exactly a massive draw for the casual fan, and thousands of people who are involved in the Sunday leagues across WA are out because of the Sunday 3pm kick off time.

Malaga game is different. Malaga arrive in the country on Saturday night and leave for Adelaide on Sunday night. The only time the game could be played is Sunday and the club have said this numerous times. Plus, Football West have said they will work with the clubs to reschedule games so that people can go to the match.

The club has completely contradicted what Olympic said so believe whoever. If they couldn't prepare properly for the game and someone gets injured you'll no doubt be on here bitching about the club injuring players unnecessarily. So do you want them to act in a professional manner? By the sounds of it that's what they did last night. I mean for *s sake.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has completely contradicted what Olympic said so believe whoever. If they couldn't prepare properly for the game and someone gets injured you'll no doubt be on here bitching about the club injuring players unnecessarily. So do you want them to act in a professional manner? By the sounds of it that's what they did last night. I mean for ****s sake.

You cannot possibly believe that ?

Prepare properly ? There were several warm up areas available to them. They chose like prima donna ponces not to use them.

Nice 2-0 win over Newcastle in the FFA cup tonight. I was skeptical about signing Keogh but scoring against Malaga and a double tonight is showing that so far my fears are unwarranted. Lets hope he can produce in the regular season.

3 of the 4 goals were thanks to some brilliant finishing. Nebo looking sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 of the 4 goals were from some exquisite finishing. Nebo is looking sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I dare to hope for a good season?

I've learned not to. Word is Kenny is looking for a marquee striker to bring in so if he can do that then I think we will have a pretty good season. At this stage I think we need to hope Keogh stays fit.

I've learned not to. Word is Kenny is looking for a marquee striker to bring in so if he can do that then I think we will have a pretty good season. At this stage I think we need to hope Keogh stays fit.

Well going on past record I'd expect them to sign Paul Gascoigne as the marquee striker.:rolleyes:
The squad actually looks promising. I watched the goals from the FFA Cup and we looked okay - albeit against a second-tier side. [remember the last time the side played at Edensor all those years ago].
I guess if someone suitable falls into to Glory's lap sign them up otherwise give some more games to the younger strikers in the squad if we unfortunately have to cover injuries early.
I hope they can manage and rest players throughout the squad so we can at least try to have a consistent season.
Step one is obvious - every team's priority - the home ground MUST become a fortress. Have to keep racking up the 3 points to be relevant. Having a quick look at the fixture at least we are getting our Wellington trip away out of the way first up. Any points from that trip would be a good start. Should be a good game actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back